Albert Breer Story on Dorial Green Beckham | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Breer Story on Dorial Green Beckham

What does clinical psychology have to do with a guy that failed numerous drug tests, assaulted his girlfriend and was kicked off the team and then someone saying the coach is socially inept but the player in question is not? It would seem the facts are Dorial Green-Beckham has issues with following societal rules. I don't need a degree in psychology to come to that conclusion.

So what you don't take a gamble on his talent because of that one incident? I don't need a degree in Psychology to come up with the conclusion that people evolve and grow through their journey in life. I'm hoping DGB learns from his mistakes and carries on.

So what you don't take a gamble on his talent because of that one incident? I don't need a degree in Psychology to come up with the conclusion that people evolve and grow through their journey in life. I'm hoping DGB learns from his mistakes and carries on.

I don't gamble on him more based off of what I see in games. He runs bubble screens and go routes...you don't need to understand defenses or DB leverage or anything for those two routes. I have no idea what kind of football player he is based off of what I've seen. He could be Corderelle Patterson for all we know and that's not something the Dolphins should risk at #14 or #47 IMO. We already have a guy that doesn't have much football IQ in Dion Jordan and we traded up for him. Dolphins are not in position to take such a huge risk on a guy that may be a total bust on the field and off the field.

I don't gamble on him more based off of what I see in games. He runs bubble screens and go routes...you don't need to understand defenses or DB leverage or anything for those two routes. I have no idea what kind of football player he is based off of what I've seen. He could be Corderelle Patterson for all we know and that's not something the Dolphins should risk at #14 or #47 IMO. We already have a guy that doesn't have much football IQ in Dion Jordan and we traded up for him. Dolphins are not in position to take such a huge risk on a guy that may be a total bust on the field and off the field.

Fair enough.

Yeah, I'm with you... I don't think the risk outweighs the reward here. We aren't a team that can afford to have 1st and 2nd round picks bust(or even 3rd round picks some might say) or get suspended for these type of things. I'm really hesitant to take him at 14, much less in round 2 but still not sure. Depends on who's available when we are picking in round 2.

Something I ask myself about DGB and the Dolphins is whether he would take to having Landry as a mentor. Landry could be the leader that helps a guy like DGB achieve his potential...

You have no idea what his football IQ is. Neither do I. Just because his offense was based around something doesn't mean he doesn't understand concepts well beyond that framework.

DGB: he hasnt been on the field for a very long time.... thats a huge worry on me too. when he played in Mizzou he wasnt a great route runner, didnt have great footwork, but we all know his height, speed possability, athleticism and ability he offers (freak like).

now he was practicing with Oklahoma and there is all the HOPE on him maturing, and hopefully learning more intricacies to the WR position. otherwise lots of question marks right now

i need to see him run, see his quickness and footwork, in and out of breaks, catching the football from the gauntlet. the Combine is going to be important to display him possibly more than most of the other prospects in the draft.

Yeah, I'm with you... I don't think the risk outweighs the reward here. We aren't a team that can afford to have 1st and 2nd round picks bust(or even 3rd round picks some might say) or get suspended for these type of things. I'm really hesitant to take him at 14, much less in round 2 but still not sure. Depends on who's available when we are picking in round 2.

Something I ask myself about DGB and the Dolphins is whether he would take to having Landry as a mentor. Landry could be the leader that helps a guy like DGB achieve his potential...

For a team with a WR corp that's in flux...really every WR outside of Landry could be gone in 2015 or 2016...it's just too risky. If Wallace was more of a leader and not such a diva who pouts when he's not getting the ball, if Hartline was a better scheme fit and not prone to falling after the catch, if Gibson was a better player or if Matthews wasn't such an immature player and actually showed up to meetings on time and took his job more seriously then taking a risk on a potential boom or bust player wouldn't be magnified if he failed. But I don't think DGB is ready to step in and become the alpha receiver day 1...don't even think he's ready to be the #2 WR day 1.

DGB: he hasnt been on the field for a very long time.... thats a huge worry on me too. when he played in Mizzou he wasnt a great route runner, didnt have great footwork, but we all know his height, speed possability, athleticism and ability he offers (freak like).

now he was practicing with Oklahoma and there is all the HOPE on him maturing, and hopefully learning more intricacies to the WR position. otherwise lots of question marks right now

i need to see him run, see his quickness and footwork, in and out of breaks, catching the football from the gauntlet. the Combine is going to be important to display him possibly more than most of the other prospects in the draft.

Practicing with the scout team in all likelihood. He helped the starters and backups prepare for opponents every week. Not sure how much coaching he got because essentially he's playing with walk-ons, redshirts and 4th stringers.

No. I just stated he was arrested twice for pot possession or being with someone who possessed pot. And then he had the burglary/domestic violence incident for which he was never arrested but was kicked out of school once the police incident report details came out.

Also keep in mind the school was caught up in accusations that they actually involved themselves that very night with some of the people involved that incident and may have tried to influence the decision to get the police involved. The school needed to distance themselves from those accusations, quickly and drastically.

Didn't stop Gary Pinkel from picking up the phone, calling his friend Bob Stoops, and personally vouching for Dorial Green-Beckham to facilitate a transfer to Oklahoma.

I don't know why you keep bringing up pinkel bringing DGB in.

What team wouldn't bring in DGB for free? It's football, these guys don't care about character issues with that kind of talent until it bites them in the ass. The guy who gave him the boot "vouched" for him? Are standards so low that this is positive?

You can also look at this another way. The last two teams he played for, one of them he ditched To go to the NFL before ever even playing, and the other he got kicked off of.

But hey, lets hand him millions and see how he handles the Miami night life.

I don't know why you keep bringing up pinkel bringing DGB in.

What team wouldn't bring in DGB for free? It's football, these guys don't care about character issues with that kind of talent until it bites them in the ass. The guy who gave him the boot "vouched" for him? Are standards so low that this is positive?

You can also look at this another way. The last two teams he played for, one of them he ditched To go to the NFL before ever even playing, and the other he got kicked off of.

But hey, lets hand him millions and see how he handles the Miami night life.

I didn't bring up Gary Pinkel bringing DGB in. That happened years ago when Pinkel (who is the Head Coach at Missouri, btw) successfully recruited the #1 recruit in the nation to play at Mizzou.

What I brought up is the fact that Pinkel, even after making the decision to kick Dorial Green-Beckham off the team, still liked him well enough that he called his friend Bob Stoops (who is the Head Coach of Oklahoma) and personally vouched for Dorial in order to facilitate a transfer.

What does clinical psychology have to do with a guy that failed numerous drug tests, assaulted his girlfriend and was kicked off the team and then someone saying the coach is socially inept but the player in question is not? It would seem the facts are Dorial Green-Beckham has issues with following societal rules. I don't need a degree in psychology to come to that conclusion.[/QUOT

I am in total agreement with you. You misunderstood my post. I was referring to previous posts that placed the onus on Philbin or suggest that Philbin is the one with shortcomings as a reason DGB could not/would not be drafted by the Dolphins.

I didn't bring up Gary Pinkel bringing DGB in. That happened years ago when Pinkel (who is the Head Coach at Missouri, btw) successfully recruited the #1 recruit in the nation to play at Mizzou.

What I brought up is the fact that Pinkel, even after making the decision to kick Dorial Green-Beckham off the team, still liked him well enough that he called his friend Bob Stoops (who is the Head Coach of Oklahoma) and personally vouched for Dorial in order to facilitate a transfer.

Yeah, I don't really see this as a positive, but it's whatever.

Back
Top Bottom