Albert Wilson Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Question

Fins4Ever&Ever

"Deep Threat"
Reaction score
I know he opted out of this season due to COVID concern, but can he still be activated to the roster if he wants to or they can convince him to return?? Or is that window closed?

He would come in handy right now with the lack of depth and veteran savvy at WR.

I'm torn on this one. I think he lost his job and place in the league, even though he is doing what he believes is right for his family this season. It will be a hard hill to climb to come back next season.

So, I guess, is this an option? Could he, would he come back and play? Is he even staying in shape or anything to that extent?

He is scheduled to return next year and if he is in shape we should consider him. But dont plan on it.

He would have really helped today IMO. One of those matchups where a lot of small quick guys would have been helpful against their secondary. We just don't have much experience on the current team.

He was one of the better slot receivers in the league before he was hurt and was making around 9 mil/yr took a pay cut to 3 mil/yr to stay and was finally looking like he did before he was hurt at the end of 2019 and then opted out in 2020. He will be in camp in 2021 and believe he is still under contract for 2 more but haven't looked, have little doubt he will play for us in 2021 and hope he has regained all his quickness and yes we could of used both those guy's who opted out this year Wilson and Hurns. The window is closed for 2020 when they opted out, there is no opting back in.

I know he opted out of this season due to COVID concern, but can he still be activated to the roster if he wants to or they can convince him to return?? Or is that window closed?

He would come in handy right now with the lack of depth and veteran savvy at WR.

I'm torn on this one. I think he lost his job and place in the league, even though he is doing what he believes is right for his family this season. It will be a hard hill to climb to come back next season.

So, I guess, is this an option? Could he, would he come back and play? Is he even staying in shape or anything to that extent?
What?? To who? Who do we have on this team outside of Grant who gets any kind of separation? Our WR corps is doo doo. I don't care one way or another if he does indeed lose his job but at this rate I don't think he has anything to worry about.

He was one of the better slot receivers in the league before he was hurt and was making around 9 mil/yr took a pay cut to 3 mil/yr to stay and was finally looking like he did before he was hurt at the end of 2019 and then opted out in 2020. He will be in camp in 2021 and believe he is still under contract for 2 more but haven't looked, have little doubt he will play for us in 2021 and hope he has regained all his quickness and yes we could of used both those guy's who opted out this year Wilson and Hurns. The window is closed for 2020 when they opted out, there is no opting back in.
I’ll disagree vehemently with that statement. He was hurt in year one and played ok in year two. He’s done nothing to hang your hat on.

Albert Wilson has likely already played his last game as a Dolphin. We're likely going to draft one of Waddle or Smith. And Perry and Bowden are going to be developed as receivers. He won't make it out of camp next year.

Use some of your draft capital and GO GET a legit NFL ready made WR. There will be some available in the offseason. Follow the AZ - Hopkins and Buf - Diggs model. It will absolutely bring life to your offense and help out Tua So much. Mike Evans comes to mind as one that may be shopped. Or Michael Thomas (will be shopped) or Julio Jones (will likely be shopped).

Use some of your draft capital and GO GET a legit NFL ready made WR. There will be some available in the offseason. Follow the AZ - Hopkins and Buf - Diggs model. It will absolutely bring life to your offense and help out Tua So much. Mike Evans comes to mind as one that may be shopped. Or Michael Thomas (will be shopped) or Julio Jones (will likely be shopped).
I totally agree on this. Plus draft one early enough. Time will tell.

I doubt he will ever play another down for the dolphins...
Why would you think that?

If you look at it from the perspective of his contract, I think the opposite is likely.

3 mil base verses 2.3 mil dead cap if cut.

That's pretty cheap, even if he's just a #4, and he isn't a bad reciever, just injured a lot.

I suppose he could be traded to avoid the cap hit, but those same injury concers may have teams shy away.

Unless you have a handful of guys clearly better, what is the advantage of cutting him?

Edit: It may, because of roster spots. come down to a choice of him or Grant. Wilson is a far better reciever.

Back
Top Bottom