Alex: A.J. Feeley was McNabb's backup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex: A.J. Feeley was McNabb's backup

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Marvez Q&A
Q: Is it true that A.J. Feeley really was Philadelphia's second-string quarterback?

A: There is some uncertainty about whether Feeley was a second- or third-stringer. From what I understand, Koy Detmer was the second-string quarterback because he was the holder for kicker David Akers but that Feeley would become the starter if Donovan McNabb had to miss extensive playing time. But in the NFC Championship game, it was Detmer and not Feeley who played when McNabb got hurt.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/finsinsider/

that is what we hoped/thought - that he was really a #2 who cannot hold

A.J Feeley better be worth passing up Phillip Rivers that all I have to say.I would had prefer giving up a conditional 2nd round pick for Brunell.I'm still not happy with A.J deal but I'm willing to give Rick the benefit of the doubt.

Originally posted by minus
I would had prefer giving up a conditional 2nd round pick for Brunell.
so w/have the Phins. Feeley was the 3rd choice behind Brunell and Ramsey it has been said.

As for Rivers, they are looking for Feeley to start in 2004

The mock draft on NFL.com doesn't even have Rivers being picked in the 1st round. They have the Phins picking OT Jacob Rogers at #20

LOL, he's 3rd string! Why doesn't anyone get that? They're in the NFC championship game, down some TD, and they're gonna put in Detmer? If Feely is better, then why Detmer? The NFL rules state that if a player is ruled out of the game, someone on the 53 man roster moves into the depth chart. Detmer still could have played in the game as the holder If feely went in to play.

I find it very hard to believe that they would rather keep inactive the better QB because other could hold.In the entire Eagles roster,only one knows how to hold?

I find it very hard to believe that they would rather keep inactive the better QB because other could hold.In the entire Eagles roster,only one knows how to hold?

you must not read very many articles on the internet about football.

it's a matter of who the kicker is comfortable with. If you recall we go through this merrygoround every time Mare has to get a new holder. Some kickers are very supersitious and aren't willing to mess with their mojo...

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

you must not read very many articles on the internet about football.

:rolleyes:

Yeah that must be it!I have no football knowledge what so ever.Let me go read profootball weekly.

He's not a 3rd string. Right now he is our STARTER unless Jay beats him out in TC. Either way, he is no longer a 3rd stringer so it doesn't matter anymore. Deal with it.

That was one of the same things I was thinking... Hmm do we want a QB who is better so we have a chance to win, or one that holds for the stupid kicker? 53 man roster, not one of them can hold the ball? Anyone who thinks Detmer was 2nd string just to hold the ball is a MORON.

LOL, he's 3rd string! Why doesn't anyone get that? They're in the NFC championship game, down some TD, and they're gonna put in Detmer? If Feely is better, then why Detmer? The NFL rules state that if a player is ruled out of the game, someone on the 53 man roster moves into the depth chart. Detmer still could have played in the game as the holder If feely went in to play.

Actually, the rules state that if the 3rd string or "EMERGENCY" QB enters the game before the 4th quarter both the first and second string QB's are not allowed to play again in that game. THUS if you feel that your starter has ANY chance of coming back into the game and playing you put in the 2nd stringer and thus that is why Detmer played and not Feeley. If it would have been in the fourth quarter... then rumor has it that Feeley would have played.

Who gives a .... about what he was, is he able to do what we need ie. hit the open receiver this is something Jay couldn't do.

:rolleyes:

Yeah that must be it!I have no football knowledge what so ever.Let me go read profootball weekly.

if you read articles, you would read how particular kickers are about their holders. Miami kept Mark Royals last year because he was the holder. There existed better punters, however Royals holding skill was too much to give up on. The reason why they got Turk is because he also held for Mare.

Back
Top Bottom