Alex Smith:Boom OR BUST

Boom or Bust

• Boom

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Bust

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters
dolfanuk said:
Mike Vick went to the NFC Championship game with Peerless Price and Dez White as his starting WR's.

Mike Vick is on a team with a good defense and running game (including himself).

Its to early to tell but I put bust because even though he has the potential to be a good starter in the NFL I think he will get eaten up and spit out in SF and he will not get another chance to be a starter in the NFL and he will become a career backup! Sort of like Joey Harrington!

i think that no QB should have gone in the 1st round that year, much lest 1st overall.

i knew he would be a bust the second they drafted him.

he may one day become a good QB, but it wont be with the 49ers, and will probubly take 5 or 6 years (4 years playing for the 49ers, then cut, then plays 2-3 years for a new team that actually has decent players).

byroan said:
Mike Vick is on a team with a good defense and running game (including himself).
Vick is thier running game. without Vick, they are left with 2 average RBs. Vick changed the D so that the average RB and O-Line can look better than they really are.

He scared me in that draft. I wanted the Dolphins to have no part of him. He didnt even play in a real offense. He may become something, but it certainly wont be No. 1 pick worthy.

I'm a niners fan and it doesn't look good. Although it would help if he was vertical

anyone else miss the good old days of young/rice or even garcia/rice/owens???

ch19079 said:
Vick is thier running game. without Vick, they are left with 2 average RBs. Vick changed the D so that the average RB and O-Line can look better than they really are.

And when Schaub is playing? Their RB's play the same. They have a good Oline too with Gibbs as their coach.

At best he's a career backup, Thank god they didnt take ronnie last year

the kid could have a decent career but i dont think he will ever live up to his number 1 pick potential, the truth is that in the 2005 draft it was not a year for qbs and alex smith was really forced up to that spot due to the lack of qbs, it was obviously shown that that draft was not for qbs when another qb wasnt selected until the mid 20's.....anyways i really thank the 49ers for drafting him because if not we most likely would of taken the guy, i think he does have potential and i hope he can prove me wrong because i would like to see him succeed but the mistakes he was making last year were just plain out bad i mean just dropping the ball when no one would be near him or going back to pass and the ball would fall out right underneath him, small but costly mistakes that would result in turnovers.....being on a better team would of deff of helped but some of the mistakes he was making were just all on him, but then again he was a rookie and he does get rookie butterflys but hopefully he will be able to shape it up next season for the hope of his future because i dont know how much trust mike nolan will have in his qb next season if he has a top 3 pick going into the 07 draft and his qb is not performing

ch19079 said:
i think that no QB should have gone in the 1st round that year, much lest 1st overall.

i knew he would be a bust the second they drafted him.

he may one day become a good QB, but it wont be with the 49ers, and will probubly take 5 or 6 years (4 years playing for the 49ers, then cut, then plays 2-3 years for a new team that actually has decent players).

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom