Alex Smith to visit Dolphins....Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith to visit Dolphins....Again

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Rochester, NY
I'll say this; so far, it certainly looks like they like him more than Rodgers.
 

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
20,204
Reaction score
5,567
Location
Weeki Wachee, Florida
phunwin said:
I'll say this; so far, it certainly looks like they like him more than Rodgers.

Thats not the way it looks to me at all. There are sources that lead you both ways, the sources I think are most credible lead me to believe Rodgers is their #1 choice........Smith is 1A.

I tend to put more credibility in the well known beat writer for the Niners Ira Miller than I do some of these national pundits that try to keep up with 32 teams.

I personally heard him say Nolan has final say, that Nolan likes Rodgers over Smith, and that their goal was to sign one of them prior to the draft, with Edwards as 1C if they can't work out a deal with the QB's.
 

3P

I believe I can fly!
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
4,683
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Detroit, MI
BlueFin said:
Thats not the way it looks to me at all. There are sources that lead you both ways, the sources I think are most credible lead me to believe Rodgers is their #1 choice........Smith is 1A.

I tend to put more credibility in the well known beat writer for the Niners Ira Miller than I do some of these national pundits that try to keep up with 32 teams.

I personally heard him say Nolan has final say, that Nolan likes Rodgers over Smith, and that their goal was to sign one of them prior to the draft, with Edwards as 1C if they can't work out a deal with the QB's.

I think he was saying the 'Phins like Smith better.
 

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
16,998
Reaction score
0
During his PC Saban went out of his way to spotlight Smith.It sounded to me as though he was directing his comments to other teams that might be interested in him.In other words a red herring.

Its his best chance of trading down to convince others that he might take Smith.
 

Nublar7

FinHeaven Staff
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,995
Reaction score
2,426
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
CrunchTime said:
During his PC Saban went out of his way to spotlight Smith.It sounded to me as though he was directing his comments to other teams that might be interested in him.In other words a red herring.

Its his best chance of trading down to convince others that he might take Smith.
Like Tampa. :wink:
 

redhead

REV KEV
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Location
Calgary Canada
Saban is smoke-screening as he wants to trade down to fetch a top d-fensive player along with a top 7 pick
 

dolphingator

Active Roster
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
777
Reaction score
0
Aaron Rodgers is Ryan Leaf waiting to happen. Saban doesn't want him.

If we can't get Smith, let's draft Rodgers and wait for all the chumps to come calling us begging for a trade, like TB. For some reason everybody is in love with this guy and we could use that fact to advantage.
 
Top Bottom