Alexander to get cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alexander to get cut?

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
never liked this guy.

SHAUN GETTING THE SHAFT?

We're hearing multiple rumblings from our connections at the Scouting Combine that the Seahawks could be cutting running back Shaun Alexander soon.

A media source told us moments ago that the move could come "in the next couple of days."

It would be the last step in a dramatic fall from grace for running back the NFL's MVP in 2005. Once Alexander got rewarded with a big contract in 2006, his performance began to dip. In 2007, he was, as the league insider types say, "just a guy."

Alexander is under contract through 2013, with total remaining non-guaranteed base salaries of $43.1625 million.

MOst overhyped RB to evre touch a ball in my opinion. he had NO MOVEMENT/AGILITY it was ilke his legs woudlnt move sideways only straight and it all went to a great LG/LT.

I really feel like this could happen if we give F.Adams a real big contract. He's had too many lazy season's and might just be looking for that last fat contract, I hope I'm wrong if we do persue him.

I was stupid enough to take this turd as my first fantasy football pick in my league last year...the 8th overall pick. Just shows you that some guys get big fat and happy once they get a big contract.

Damn Alexander might get cut and people act like he was overrated. He did rush for 9400 yards with 5 straight 1000 yard seasons averaging 1500 yards a season over that period. He might not be the same player he was but he was a damn fine running back. If he were a dolphin I'm sure we would have been touting him as among the best.

Ummm, could it possibly be that his foot injury that just won't heal might have affected his play? I'm not a huge Alexander fan but give the guy some credit. He put up huge numbers every year until he got hurt. No he wasn't super fast or super shifty or great to watch, but he accelrated through the hole and had a lot of success. He just can't do that anymore. I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut and I wpuld want nothing to do woth him at this stage in his career, but the guy was a very good player. Its totally unfair to say he was a turd all along. He lost his burst when he hurt his foot. Its hard to compensate for that as a RB.

Damn Alexander might get cut and people act like he was overrated. He did rush for 9400 yards with 5 straight 1000 yard seasons averaging 1500 yards a season over that period. He might not be the same player he was but he was a damn fine running back. If he were a dolphin I'm sure we would have been touting him as among the best.

not on my list. i hated his style. it was the line that made him. i can run behind that line n get 1000 yards

Ummm, could it possibly be that his foot injury that just won't heal might have affected his play? I'm not a huge Alexander fan but give the guy some credit. He put up huge numbers every year until he got hurt. No he wasn't super fast or super shifty or great to watch, but he accelrated through the hole and had a lot of success. He just can't do that anymore. I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut and I wpuld want nothing to do woth him at this stage in his career, but the guy was a very good player. Its totally unfair to say he was a turd all along. He lost his burst when he hurt his foot. Its hard to compensate for that as a RB.

u can also say he put up huge numbers until HUTCH left.

Losing Hutchinson and getting hurt didn't help much.

I have to agree with SR 7 on this one...I never thought much of Alexander...I mean as a runningback that is....not even when he was racking up all them yards...he was blessed to play behind an awesome O-line and a good QB and a good play caller....I never was one for stats....I watch the skills and vision and what he does with what he is given...and how his presence effects the opposing team that's how evaluate a player...just by watching them. Hope things work out for him though.

Obviousily he was very dominant in his prime, Seatle rode him to the SB. He is another example why you don't give RB's huge contracts later on. If I remember correctly Seattle really struggled with the desision to give him that contract aswell, I'm sure their regretting that one. L.Johnson seems to be following suit, it has only been one off year so we'll see after 2008. That would make me nervous when Ronnie's contract is up, he's already having some unfortunate luck finishing seasons now.

I have to agree with SR 7 on this one...I never thought much of Alexander...I mean as a runningback that is....not even when he was racking up all them yards...he was blessed to play behind an awesome O-line and a good QB and a good play caller....I never was one for stats....I watch the skills and vision and what he does with what he is given...and how his presence effects the opposing team that's how evaluate a player...just by watching them. Hope things work out for him though.

thanks. We see eye to eye my friend. I love stats im a stats guy but STATS dont speak volume on ones ability. Look at James in Cincy then in ARZ. Look at RW for instance in mia and then in NO. RW basically made stuff out of NOTHING and wiht a crappy o line even madison said so. What u think Trufant will say bout their line? it suckeD? It was possibly the best line i had see in my life at the time and the left side might have been the best ever. Alexander always ran North/South, he couldn't juke, spin, his agility was horrible, he couldn't plant/cut. It was as if he hips were stuck.

u can also say he put up huge numbers until HUTCH left.

SInce Alexander hurt his foot, Maurice Morris has played better. Morris never had comparable games when filling in once or twice a year prior to Alexander's major injury. Yes, losing hutch hurt, but you can't play RB on one strong wheel. I've had a similar injury and I can't run, jump, etc... compared to how I did prior. He wasn'tpretty to watch, but he did bust long runs for a big guy. He had great acceleration through th ehole and just enough speed. I'm not saying he was Barry Sanders and could make something out of nothing, but he was one of the better backs out there for a number of years. You're taking your personal bias and ignoring his production. He had a great line and he carried the load. Both parts deserve credit. If he sucked, Seattle would have went w/ a different back like Denver did over and over again through the years.

thanks. We see eye to eye my friend. I love stats im a stats guy but STATS dont speak volume on ones ability. Look at James in Cincy then in ARZ. Look at RW for instance in mia and then in NO. RW basically made stuff out of NOTHING and wiht a crappy o line even madison said so. What u think Trufant will say bout their line? it suckeD? It was possibly the best line i had see in my life at the time and the left side might have been the best ever. Alexander always ran North/South, he couldn't juke, spin, his agility was horrible, he couldn't plant/cut. It was as if he hips were stuck.

I agree he couldn't do those things, but you totally neglect what he could do.... see the field, accelerate, and run fast enough to get by a defense. Jerome Bettis was slower than my Grandma but he was still a good back for a number of years. Not everyone is LAdanian Tomlisnon-- strong, fast , agile, w/ good vision. Players get it done w/ what they are good at, not their weak points. Saying Alexander couldn't juke therefore he sux is like saying MArino couldn't scramble so he was a bad QB. (Not the Shaun is in Danny's class lol)

Back
Top Bottom