All but two teams went to see Manziel and Evans workout. We went! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All but two teams went to see Manziel and Evans workout. We went!

Zildjianz

Active Roster
Reaction score
Thirty NFL teams sent representatives to watch quarterback Johnny Manziel and wide receiver Mike Evans work out, including eight head coaches and eight general managers. The Cleveland Brownsand Chicago Bears were the only two teams that didn't attend the event, NFL Media's Albert Breer reported.

One would assume we weren't there for Manziel, so could we possibly be thinking about moving up for Evans (one can only dream)?

We can't possibly think he would fall to us, so I am hoping we are thinking about moving up for him, or why else would we attend.

Evans has beast written all over him. Wide receivers with his size, speed, and hands don't come around very often. He would be an excellent pick up that would greatly improve our offense.

Definitely there looking at Evans, not Manziel.

By the way, why the hell were the Cleveland Browns not there? Maybe we dodged a bullet with Ray Farmer.

Definitely there looking at Evans, not Manziel.

By the way, why the hell were the Cleveland Browns not there? Maybe we dodged a bullet with Ray Farmer.

Cleveland has a private workout in April when they are bringing Manziel to their place.

I'd take a flier on Johnny Football in the 3rd, but he won't get there.

Evans would be my top offensive pick this draft.. I hope that's not offensive..:rotfl1::rotfl1:

Still, you would think they would want to be there. Might see something that you don't in April.

I'm not sure what they would have seen at the Pro Day workout today that would change their minds about him at #4 overall. They're either going to roll the dice on him, or they're not. I don't think watching him throw a few passes in a highly controlled environment is going to have much impact on that sort of franchise-changing decision.

Manziel will bust hard. Probably get a few DUIs in his career lol. But we aren't drafting a wr in the first, sorry, and we sure as hell aren't moving up to get one

Evans would be sweet !! But I would think we'd have to trade up.Can we do that given our other holes?

We went for Mike Evans. Not Manziel.

Browns have a private workout lined up.

Evans would be sweet !! But I would think we'd have to trade up.Can we do that given our other holes?

We can and we should, no doubt about it. With Evans we are set for many years with Wallace and Tanny being young himself. We can fill OL anytime, but I said this before and I will say it again. Receivers like Evans don't come around often. Not only does he have size but he has fantastic hands.

we better have been lookin at Mike Evans! otherwise why waste the airfare

I doubt they are looking at Manziel, but imo, they should be. Tannehill looks good so far but there's no telling what the future holds. If you have an opportunity in the draft to get great value at the QB position because other teams are passing, you take it imo. I'm not saying this as someone who likes Manziel or anything, just as a general rule.

Back
Top Bottom