All in favor of Rivers in the first say aye! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All in favor of Rivers in the first say aye!

I see I'm still the only NAY for the first round. 3 of 8 on passes over 10 yards is down right pitiful & Fiedleresque.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I see I'm still the only NAY for the first round. 3 of 8 on passes over 10 yards is down right pitiful & Fiedleresque.
Doesn't the long ball require more timing with the receivers?

12 out of 19 213 yards 2 tds nobody else was able to do anything Rivers comes in threw more #'s up an a scoring drive. 4 scoring drives you dont have to have 20 yard passes every pass to do well. Averaged 11.2 yards per throw not bad about average for any qb good leader.

how old are you Madison?

Originally posted by InMyChambers
what day is the draft?

April 24th & 25th.

how old are you Madison?

I thought it was in my profile, anyway, I'm 21 last semester of college starts tomorrow.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Doesn't the long ball require more timing with the receivers?

That would be true if the over 10 yard passes he threw were timing routes. Here's a summary of his incompletions:

15 yard WR out, Rivers unnecessarily left the pocket & over threw Henderson on the run

29 yard WR pump n go, isn't a timing route.

15 yard TE fade not even timing would have helped that 10 yard overthrown pass.

45 yard WR go off play action not a timing route, overthrown

10 yare TE out, usually a timing route, Rivers flushed out of the pocket & under threw Watson on the move

Madison you don't like Rivers so if he don't complete every pass you are going to put him down the guy aint perfect just better than what we had there yesterday.

That would be true if the over 10 yard passes he threw were timing routes. Here's a summary of his incompletions:

15 yard WR out, Rivers unnecessarily left the pocket & over threw Henderson on the run

29 yard WR pump n go, isn't a timing route.

15 yard TE fade not even timing would have helped that 10 yard overthrown pass.

45 yard WR go off play action not a timing route, overthrown

10 yare TE out, usually a timing route, Rivers flushed out of the pocket & under threw Watson on the move

OK then....in fairness...take the same "objective" view of Losman's performance and break it down the same way.

Folks...I have been watching the Rivers video that Muck provided in another thread.,The real deal...no kidding, just amazing to watch. Rivers WILL be a franchise QB, lets just hope it's w/ the phins.

Where do we stand? How many "nays"? Just Madison thus far?

Back
Top Bottom