All in favor of Rivers in the first say aye! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All in favor of Rivers in the first say aye!

AYE!!!

This kid is going to be a special QB IMO. If we can draft this kid, it would be a waste going onto a bidding war for Brunell IMO....

RIVERS RULEZ!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Hey Section 126,

How's your "Brunell Bandwagon" going these days??...:lol: :lol:

Looks like the wheels are starting to fall off!!!....:cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!:ally:

Originally posted by fin-atic
AYE!

All you Nays are nuts. Where the heck are you going to get a QB from?
That is such a huge need and there is real talent there. It is an opportunity to take care of our QB need for th next 10 years. You have to do it. There are tons of WRs in this draft and some good lineman in the draft and FA. In other words there are other solutions for our needs at those positions. But a guy like Rivers is unique and we need to get him.

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Hes unique alright. That delivery he has is odd. Not that its a "bad". The ball ends up where he wants it to go.
The question I have to anyone, if hes all that then, why wouldnt he be in the top 10 players taken?....

BB

duh!

Hell yeah!!!! Stay at #20 though.....then grab him....his stock will drop a bit after the combines, IMO.

DO NOT move up at all because we are nervous to lose him....

Originally posted by bigbry

Hes unique alright. That delivery he has is odd. Not that its a "bad". The ball ends up where he wants it to go.
The question I have to anyone, if hes all that then, why wouldnt he be in the top 10 players taken?....

BB

couple of reasons.
1) Its early, things will change, im talking about all positions. ex: docketts stock may rise and start knocking people down.
2) Manning is a Manning and Big Ben is already determined to be great and only a few teams need QB's right now with some more out there in FA.
3) Your looking for franchise players in top 10 to 20 at all positions reguardless.

Originally posted by fin-atic
AYE!

All you Nays are nuts. Where the heck are you going to get a QB from?
That is such a huge need and there is real talent there. It is an opportunity to take care of our QB need for th next 10 years. You have to do it. There are tons of WRs in this draft and some good lineman in the draft and FA. In other words there are other solutions for our needs at those positions. But a guy like Rivers is unique and we need to get him.

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Its that FA fantasy crap that goes to their heads. But if you put them in Spielmans shoes, you would soon find that first things need to happen first. these next coming weeks, we should see some chatter about restructures. That is the key. Fiedler/Ogun/madison/Zach/Surtain/Bowens/Todd Wade will tell us alot about direction. Mainly Fiedler.

AYE!

I've watched (or listened to) all 52 of PRs college starts, and he has never dissapointed me. I cannot say that about any other player at any level in any sport. PEOPLE (much less players) like him don't come around very often. Philip is an even better person off the field than he is on the field, and that's saying alot because he is hands down the best player in the draft this year. While I agree in most cases that rookie QBs should not start, Philip is the exception to that rule. Other QBs may well have better measurables, but no QB since P Manning has had better immeasurables than Rivers.

I would love for the Dolphins to get him, but I'm afraid the word is getting out on PR, and the Fins will need to trade up to get him. Hopefully Dan saw enough in Rivers to do whatever it takes to land him. It may be that Dan more than anyone recognizes the potential in Philip. It takes one to know one, and if Philip reminds me of anyone it is definately Marino. I've been saying that for years now. He has Dan's leadership, arm and desire with Manning's intelligence in breaking down film and defenses.

Whew, that was a long winded first post wasn't it? I may be a little over excited that the Fins are showing so much interest in PR. I've always been a Dolphins fan and a Wolfpack fan, and I just love that my favorite pro of all time, Marino, may draft my favorite college player of all time. If we get him, I have complete faith in his ability to get the Fins to the Bowl, and quickly.

aye!
clear.gif

Aye. I hope we still have an opportunity to get him.

Back
Top Bottom