All in favor of Rivers in the first say aye! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All in favor of Rivers in the first say aye!

AYE!

All you Nays are nuts. Where the heck are you going to get a QB from?
That is such a huge need and there is real talent there. It is an opportunity to take care of our QB need for th next 10 years. You have to do it. There are tons of WRs in this draft and some good lineman in the draft and FA. In other words there are other solutions for our needs at those positions. But a guy like Rivers is unique and we need to get him.

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Buffalo will draft him at #13, just to spite you all(although if Drew has a repeat performance, that'll end up being a good pick)....but other than that, Aye

Originally posted by fin-atic
Buffalo better get one of thos talented Wide Recievers or a lineman.
we will. Assuming reggie Williams is still there at 13(which is a good possibilty), we'll most likely take him. Jim McNally will have our unit playing well this year, with or without additions.
All joking aside, Rivers would be a terrific pick-up for you guys, and a formidable foe down the road...
It's an injustice that Chris Chambers doesn't have 1000 yard year yet...Rivers would change that.

went to fsu for 4 years...wanted boldin last year...And i have been saying rivers is amazying..saw him at doak twice... that is an
AYE..and the best part i have faith in dan bringing him to miami if he's still there...

Rivers today

Yards of pass in air past LOS, progression of receiver
4 yard TE flat, primary receiver
1 yard WR hitch, primary receiver
0 yard WR hitch, primary receiver
4 yard HB flat, incomplete, primary receiver
15 yard WR out, incomplete, primary receiver

5 yard WR hitch, dropped, primary receiver
5 yard WR in, primary receiver
18 yard WR intermediate post, primary receiver
29 yard WR pump-n-go, incomplete, primary receiver
5 yard WR hitch, primary receiver
15 yard TE fade, over thrown, primary receiver
5 yard RB improvised route, TD, third read

20 yard WR skinny post, TD, primary receiver

44 yard WR go off play action, primary receiver

7 yard WR slant, primary receiver
45 yard WR go off play action, incomplete, primary receiver
7 yard RB curl, primary receiver
3 yard TE out, primary receiver
10 yard TE out, incomplete, primary receiver

I know his stats say that he was 12 of 19, but they either missed a pass on one of his first two drives or one of his hitch completions was a lateral. He had 119 yards in the air, 94 YAC.

I feel that Dolphin fans have fell into the Brian Griese trap in his first game vs San Diego & here is why scouts don't put much stock in the Senior Bowl. WRs were given 8+ yard cushions & just about every single pass was first read to the primary receiver. Notice in passes Rivers' threw over 10 yards he was 3 of 8. Fact is Rivers didn't really show us much except two passes. Any Rivers fan who recorded the game can scan through the game to make sure I'm not just hating. Once scouts take a look at this game more closely(if they even care about the game itself like some say they don't) they'll see the same thing.

Losman

Yards of pass in air past LOS, progression of receiver
-2 yard RB screen, batted down, primary receiver
8 yard WR hitch, incomplete, primary receiver
10 yard RB curl, primary receiver
4 yard WR hitch, primary receiver
31 yard WR pump-n-go, unnecessary pump incomplete, primary receiver
10 yard WR hitch, dropped, primary receiver

6 yard TE out off play action, primary receiver
10 yard WR out, primary receiver
15 yard WR out off play action, incomplete, primary receiver
6 yard WR hitch, incomplete, primary receiver

Today was kind of unfair to Losman, Rivers got 5 possessions(a couple were short) & he got 2. Maybe Marty is trying to "hide" him so to speak just in case he trades down & wants Losman. The same AP report is floating around on every sports site so I can't see how many yards Losman ended up with.

interestin gquote on espn

Interesting. You can tell when a coach is interested when he stops talking about a player. Marty Schottenheimer curled up in a ball when asked on the sideline about Rivers. You could tell the wheels were turning about how San Diego might trade away the first pick to move down, and then try and move up from the second round to take him

oh and aye:)

Back
Top Bottom