All Phinfans Read This!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Phinfans Read This!!!!

with this league, the fins could lose every productive player in the off season and be a contender in a couple of years. if the pats won with the team they had, then any team could get lucky.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Listen...what would you rather have at this point?

We either play hard and maybe catch the patriots and go into the playoffs and lose (because with our O-line and coaching staff I cant see us winning a superbowl) and since we made it to the playoffs Wanny stays and we will be doomed for another ****ty season next year with poor coaching.

Or we can lose have another 9-7 season and get WANNY THE HELL OUT!! AND start fresh with a new MOTIVATING coach and a much better O-LINE and new WR's.

THEN the dolphins will be unstoppable.

Which would you prefer? Late season disappointment in playoffs leading to another ****ty year with wanny and poor coaching...or a new dolphins team the fans have been waiting for. You have seen what new coaching can do to a team, Gruden for example...

(silence)

what coach will we get??
wanny on the o-line- "these are the guys we put together and these are the guys we will go with".... why did we get webb?? we need a good run blocker webb is old we had him will he last through december ??

He isn't starting calm down. We did not get him yet even.

I don't think this season is done by a long shot. The Tennessee game is going to be very difficult to win. I hope Miami does win, but they are still in a position to go to the playoffs. And in this day, anything can happen then.

I also like our chances much better if Wannstedt sticks with Griese. He is obviously a much better passer, given the time to throw..

But it does seem like a harder coach would get more out of his players....

I think the dolphins are driving everyone of us nuts. Everyone is either frustrated, mad as hell, unrealistic or maybe all of the above. One thing's for sure, we all love our team, otherwise we wouldn't spend so much time trying to find ways to make this team better. I don't even know what to think anymore. It seems that every year we think we have what it takes and every year we end up saying that we need the same thing so that we can get better. I'm going to bed.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't think its a given that Wannstedt is fired if we fail to make the AFC Title game.

I can see a scenario where Wayne gives Wanny another chance after we go 9-7 or 10-6 and win a wild card gm.

I think too many folks are assuming too much when they say Wanny is a goner. Wayne is a very patient owner and he has a personal affinity for Wanny.

I'm not saying I'd like this, but I do see it as a realistic possibility.

Marriucci got the 49ers back in the playoffs and looked what happened to him

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by poppy
I don't think its a given that Wannstedt is fired if we fail to make the AFC Title game.

I can see a scenario where Wayne gives Wanny another chance after we go 9-7 or 10-6 and win a wild card gm.

I think too many folks are assuming too much when they say Wanny is a goner. Wayne is a very patient owner and he has a personal affinity for Wanny.

This might be right. Many are assuming that anything short of the AFC Championship will get DW fired. I don't know is that is the case. I would not be surprised if a 10-6 record and the divisional round of the playoffs is enough for DW to keep his job.

Lets say we do tank it and miss the playoffs. What guarantee do we get that the FO will bring in a GREAT, motivating coach? What if they bring in another Gregg?

Lets finish the season strong... I believe that Norv will find plays and ways to maximize the poor OL talent. And I believe we can still make the playoffs.

Forget a "great, motivating coach"...anybody remember Jimmy Johnson? A "motivating" coach is overrated IMO. These men are paid to perform a job. It's not high school.

Originally posted by poppy

You may see it that way, but you're incorrect. Huizenga was very clear what Dave needed to do to keep his job and a single wild card win was not it.

I'll Play Along.......

and I'm curious to know what available coaches would be an upgrade over our current staff.

Back
Top Bottom