All Pros Announced; Guess How Many Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Pros Announced; Guess How Many Fins

Yes i know that, but again means nothing... big Jake was All-Pro for the Dolphins (top 2 or 3 for a few years to start his career) quite a few times at his position early on, you think anyone is going to call him one of the top LT to play the game...means nothing.

He was the top tackle those 2 years. He was mean, aggressive and physical. His selection to the All Pro team carries more weight than a PB nod. Especially now days.

I'm not saying he was one of the greats to play the game. What the NFL is saying is that for 2 years he did it at a high or elite level. And I for one have always held up All Pro nods to a higher standard than Hawaii or Florida bound All Star teams.

He was the top tackle those 2 years. He was mean, aggressive and physical. His selection to the All Pro team carries more weight than a PB nod. Especially now days.

I'm not saying he was one of the greats to play the game. What the NFL is saying is that for 2 years he did it at a high or elite level. And I for one have always held up All Pro nods to a higher standard than Hawaii or Florida bound All Star teams.

I agree with you that bring as an all-pro does hold a little more prestige for the players now, but my point is that it will not determine much in the future on where you stand among the best to play the game.

Every year there players that are picked as all-pro just because of past reputation, rather then how good that player was doing that year...it's a popularity contest.

I agree with you that bring as an all-pro does hold a little more prestige for the players now, but my point is that it will not determine much in the future on where you stand among the best to play the game.

Every year there players that are picked as all-pro just because of past reputation, rather then how good that player was doing that year...it's a popularity contest.

I just fundamentally differ on your premise.

All pros? Pro Bowls? hahahahaaaaa!!!! we'll be lucky to get 1 televised game next season.
This team was such an embarrassment to watch. Never in a million years did I ever think I would cancel my NFL ticket.

Congratulations you suck ass organization. Your finally starting to make your fans not give a damn about you.

Good. Maybe this'll light a fire under their assets this off-season.

Then we disagree, you think far more of the pro-bowl, and being named an all-pro then I do.

Sadly, that's not what I said. The PB in modern times is a joke. Being named All Pro is a different beast in my eyes.

Pretty simple.

There's no comparison.

Tay. I thInk you are completely missing the point. A pro bowl selection does not mean your an all pro.

All pro is an entirely different honor that is considered more prestigious for many reasons but foremost being that no game is played. Therefore no one opts out of it. It’s an honor bestowed upon the best in the LEAGUE (not just conference) which gives it another layer of importance.

Being up in the Artic North, I see lots of Packers and Vikings games on TV (never when my Phins are playing though) and Theilen is impressive. I know Julio is physically gifted beyond words. But Theilen has the heart of a warrior. He is relentless. He deserves the All Pro nod for the season. I will be watching his progression beyond this season with a grain of salt, however

Tay. I thInk you are completely missing the point. A pro bowl selection does not mean your an all pro.

All pro is an entirely different honor that is considered more prestigious for many reasons but foremost being that no game is played. Therefore no one opts out of it. It’s an honor bestowed upon the best in the LEAGUE (not just conference) which gives it another layer of importance.
Yea, I understand that, my point is that I don't put much stock in anything in the pro bowl including being named All Pro.

Back
Top Bottom