"All the Media Hype is scary" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"All the Media Hype is scary"

corona683

Active Roster
Reaction score
I dont know about anybody else, but all this off season hype scares me?
Im a Fin Fin for life no doubt, but i've never seen in my 30 + yrs of being a fan, seen some much hype about the fins.. We get more hype then the SB champs.. and LOL who does the fins play 1st gm.

I too get bored when theres no press about us, but somethings different, maybe its Naban and the SB will be in Fin land next yr, but its still feels funny.

I love all the things we're done , and i got a feelin April 10th when Ricky hits the limelight again , the hypes on again, saban wont trade him , he and ronnie work well together.

I have total faith and confidence in MY FINS, but still, its a funny feelin in my stomach, maybe its just pre SB champs nerves???

Does any one else feel the same?:dolphins:

corona683 said:
Im a Fin Fin for life no doubt, but i've never seen in my 30 + yrs of being a fan, seen some much hype about the fins.. We get more hype then the SB champs.. and LOL who does the fins play 1st gm.

I too get bored when theres no press about us, but somethings different, maybe its Naban and the SB will be in Fin land next yr, but its still feels funny.

I love all the things we're done , and i got a feelin April 10th when Ricky hits the limelight again , the hypes on again, saban wont trade him , he and ronnie work well together.

I have total faith and confidence in MY FINS, but still, its a funny feelin in my stomach, maybe its just pre SB champs nerves???

If we can stay healthy.. I truly think that's what we're experiencing.. :tantrum:

i hope we make it to the playoffs thi syear and superbowl in a few. i dont want it to be too soon. u know what i mean

Ark139954 said:
i hope we make it to the playoffs thi syear and superbowl in a few. i dont want it to be too soon. u know what i mean

i have no clue, i wana win a championchip asap, before i graduate in 3 years so i can rub it in all my classmates faces cuz ive been a fin fan my whole life and everyone at skool always tells me the fins suck cuz the bills are "the team" around here, im goin around laughin in every bills fans face if we win us a SB and i see that happeneing very soon now that we have culpepper:dolphins:

Scary is good!!! :wink: The Steelers are worried about us.

corona683 said:

all the media hype is GREAT !! about time we got some attention...its been a long dry spell since Shula left...my funny feeling in my stomach is from the hot enchiladas I ate for lunch...my feeling now is one of anticipation...there will be so many new things to follow...new starting QB, new b/u QB, full season with Ronnie (right from training camp), the unknown about Ricky, how some of the rookies will do on their 2nd year, including the ones who did not play last year, like Alabi and Vickerson, how the team takes shape...

man, these are great times...

I hate to piss on the parade but I'm sure most of us have seen this type of hype around the Fins before....even as recently as 2003.

I'm as excited as the next guy and would love to win a championship...but I'm being a bit more reserved....I've been let down before...that being said, it does feel good to get the respect we're accustomed to around here.

Look at is this way,from a defence stand point miami dolphins have RW,RB,CC,MB,RMcMIKE and now DC.I wud not like playin against an offence like that.

If we never got one bit of coverage all year and won the SB, I'd be ok.

Who cares if we get media attention?

We've gotten it before and, failed to live up to it.

Who cares about what the media says about us?

corona683 said:

I am. It's called cautious optimism. you can make all the right moves and pickups, but you need some luck to succeed as well. Coaches and players can't control everything. But at least we look like we are in a position to be a very competitive team now.

miamirick said:
I hate to piss on the parade but I'm sure most of us have seen this type of hype around the Fins before....even as recently as 2003.

I'm as excited as the next guy and would love to win a championship...but I'm being a bit more reserved....I've been let down before...that being said, it does feel good to get the respect we're accustomed to around here.

that's understandable given our history. I would suggest to you that never before have we seen a coach make so many correct decisions. Everything is consistant with his stated goal of being a Champion and of our long range goal to dominate. No high priced free agents, but coachable investments.

Ark139954 said:
Too soon? It`s been 32 years since we won our last Super Bowl.

cnc66 said:
that's understandable given our history. I would suggest to you that never before have we seen a coach make so many correct decisions. Everything is consistant with his stated goal of being a Champion and of our long range goal to dominate. No high priced free agents, but coachable investments.

What history...don't know how far back you are going, but, I go back to the early 70's, when the fins dominated, and Shula made a boat load of correct decisions. I certainly can list many of them here, but I won't...there isn't enough room.

And, while I am a avid Saban fan (mainly because he reminds me of a young Shula), it really does not matter how many correct decisions you think he's made...all that matters is winning championships. That is how he will be judged...nothing else.

We'll just have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom