"All the Media Hype is scary" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"All the Media Hype is scary"

miamirick said:
I hate to piss on the parade but I'm sure most of us have seen this type of hype around the Fins before....even as recently as 2003.

I'm as excited as the next guy and would love to win a championship...but I'm being a bit more reserved....I've been let down before...that being said, it does feel good to get the respect we're accustomed to around here.

wow...couldn't have said it better myself...good post.

I wanna fall in love, but not yet..we all know the DOLPHINS will be the DOLPHINS..as in the way they go about winning the games they need to wen the pressure is on..So the jury is stil out..But i am hopin Yr 2 of Saban, will be even better.

RICKY AND RONNIE FOR 2006

pa dolphin fan

corona683 said:
I dont know about anybody else, but all this off season hype scares me?
Im a Fin Fin for life no doubt, but i've never seen in my 30 + yrs of being a fan, seen some much hype about the fins.. We get more hype then the SB champs.. and LOL who does the fins play 1st gm.

I too get bored when theres no press about us, but somethings different, maybe its Naban and the SB will be in Fin land next yr, but its still feels funny.

I love all the things we're done , and i got a feelin April 10th when Ricky hits the limelight again , the hypes on again, saban wont trade him , he and ronnie work well together.

I have total faith and confidence in MY FINS, but still, its a funny feelin in my stomach, maybe its just pre SB champs nerves???

Does any one else feel the same?:dolphins:
I live 2 hours from Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland and if anybody cares the worst football fans in my experience visiting all these stadiums as the outcast is Pittsburgh. You talk about too much attention. I am sick of the Steeler crap up here. Just so we dont end up on the cover of SI I think we will be ok. I know to most of you Floridians it looks like Pittsburgh fans are great but man have they crawled out of eveywhere latley. They have been saying one for the thumb for the last 24 years. The refs got them the one for the thumb this past year. Miami 27 Pittsburgh 10 Opening Night. Bring it on SQueeelers!

I do agree that the expectations are pretty high for a coach that is in just his second year of taking over a program but at the same time its a little hard to fault the media for pimping us. The one thing that I look at going into next season that is a real question mark is our secondary. Saban has a great rep at coaching up this position and I think we will be improved form last year but until you play the games you never know.

Actually, back in 1995 (I think), during the offseason when we signed Eric Green, there was talk not only of a Super Bowl, but another undefeated season

dolfandawg said:
Look at is this way,from a defence stand point miami dolphins have RW,RB,CC,MB,RMcMIKE and now DC.I wud not like playin against an offence like that.

Im worried about our Oline against their 3-5. That is what it comes down to IMO. Ihope we draft some linemen. I hope Saban isnt listening to alot of people on this board.

miamirick said:
I hate to piss on the parade but I'm sure most of us have seen this type of hype around the Fins before....even as recently as 2003.

I'm as excited as the next guy and would love to win a championship...but I'm being a bit more reserved....I've been let down before...that being said, it does feel good to get the respect we're accustomed to around here.

I agree. Remember the 95 hype with 19 first round picks on the roster?

miamirick said:

Well Rick, I didn't buy into that because Dave Wannstedt was our coach and Jay Fiedler was our QB, replacing them with Saban and Culpepper gives us credibility again.

With that said, like most other champions of the past we will need to stay healthy and have other breaks fall our way, such as Culpepper returning from injury on time and playing well.

wonderl33t said:
Actually, back in 1995 (I think), during the offseason when we signed Eric Green, there was talk not only of a Super Bowl, but another undefeated season

1995 was the exact number I was thinking of reading this thread.

You can't think thay way though.
It's time to get a little excited.
The franchise has turned the corner and is back to respectability. I think you can count on that part.
A Super Bowl is another animal altogether.
It's not just talent that takes a team to a championship.
It's luck and timing as well.

As Blue said, I'm just happy as a pig in slop that the Wanny Fee Fee era is over with. That in itself makes for a Zippity Doo Daa moment for me!

It's safe to be excited again.

corona683 said:
I dont know about anybody else, but all this off season hype scares me?
Im a Fin Fin for life no doubt, but i've never seen in my 30 + yrs of being a fan, seen some much hype about the fins.. We get more hype then the SB champs.. and LOL who does the fins play 1st gm.

I too get bored when theres no press about us, but somethings different, maybe its Naban and the SB will be in Fin land next yr, but its still feels funny.

I love all the things we're done , and i got a feelin April 10th when Ricky hits the limelight again , the hypes on again, saban wont trade him , he and ronnie work well together.

I have total faith and confidence in MY FINS, but still, its a funny feelin in my stomach, maybe its just pre SB champs nerves???

Does any one else feel the same?:dolphins:

Geez, first people complain that we don't get enough hype or respect by the media (because we are coming off a 4-12 season) now we are getting too much ??

Who really cares what hype is bantered about ?? If you believe the hype, you could be setting yourself up for a letdown, but if you look at things more realistically, you won't...

Besides that, its waaaaaaayyyyy to early to be worried about what our standings will be next year. Saban isn't done with FA or the draft yet. Offseason workouts just began. There hasn't been a minicamp or even a practice yet...calm down and take it as it comes...

I usually don't like hype as it can only lead to dissapointment. I remember a couple years back the Fins were ESPN The Magazine's Super Bowl pick. We missed the playoffs. That hurts.

But like a lot of people are saying, this time Saban brings a thouroughness and detailed determination. If we fail to live up to expectations this year, I feel it will be because of things we cannot control (injuries, the ball bouncing the wrong way one too many times, etc.)

Plus, Saban will never allow the hype to effect the locker room, and that's a big factor.

The jury is still out on Saban for sure, but things are looking good. Plus, yeah, we are getting hype, but there are still a lot of people out there that are going to pick the Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Broncos, and even Patriots before they pick the Dolphins. So far the media sees us as a "surprise team" this year, not a sure thing. So this team isn't quite overflowing with hype just yet.

Back
Top Bottom