All-time favorite non-Dolphin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-time favorite non-Dolphin?

Easy, Johnny Unitas. I was born in Maryland so I was a Colts fan until the Dolphins franchise was formed in 1966. In fact I still rooted for the Colts unless they were playing the Dolphins until Shula came to Miami and the Colts traded Unitas. I completely stopped following the Colts once they left Baltimore.

Peyton and Eli. Or Eli and Peyton. It depends on the day who I rank first. John Elway, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, and Brett Favre round out the list. Even if he never played for the Dolphins, Chad Pennington would have made the list.

I'm surprised that so many people have Barry Sanders, like me. No one has my number 2, the other Sanders, Prime Time, Neon Deion Sanders. Peyton Manning probably comes in at 3

He never played a meaningful minute with us so I'm going to say David Garrard. if he doesnt count then I'd have to say Barry. I have his and Bo's autographed jerseys.

An off the wall one.... i had an Eric Metcalf falcons jersey back in the day. That is the only non dolphin jersey i ever wore, and it made even less sense considering the panthers were my #2 squad

There are just so many to chose from. Derrick Thomas, Bruce Smith, Barry Sanders, Reggie White to names few. Jerome Brown always was fun to watch, as well. Dan Fouts is another.

Mine is Barry Sanders by far.

Mine, too. Barry was one of the all-time greats, and played the right way. He even retired on his own terms. I got the impression from him that football was important, but wasn't the most important thing. That perspective is one of the things I loved about Ricky's time with the Dolphins, too.

Back
Top Bottom