All time hardest hitting Dolphin? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All time hardest hitting Dolphin?

My vote goes to Captain Crunch.Scott,Anderson ,Offerdahl,Duhe,Oliver.

Players were afraid to tackle Csonka because they usually got the worst of the
exchange and not only DBs .Csonka had LB size and he could put a hurt on them too..

While the honor likely belongs to a defensive player, let me chime in with some of the others regarding Csonka.

Two points, number one, Csonka once got an un-necessary roughness penalty for hitting a defender too hard while the guy was trying to tackle him. I had never seen that before and have never seen it since. BTW they carried the defender off the field. It was a clean, legal hit and the guy saw it coming, no cheap shot!

Second, if you can get a tape of the Dolphin Super Bowl win over the Redskins watch Csonka bury their safety, Fisher I think, with a stiff arm. Put him in the cheap seats and never even slowed down.

It's hard to judge players of differant eras but my criteria has always been, how did they dominate in their era. In his day there was no more punishing FB than Csonka.

This is actually a pic i just copied from a site posted in the depths, it was a site dedicated to hating the bills.

I'd say Zach... but Cox was great too... Tough to say. The hit on Jefferson by Zach was sweet

s-oliver
lb-cox
s-blackwoods
lb-thomas
lb-offerdahl
lb/de-duhe
lb-mattheson
s-d. anderson
s-t. foley
fb-csonka
rb- benny malone

calmrage said:
I say the hardest hitting Dolphin all time is my favorite Dolphin all time. The guy who went to the sideline on MNF and challenged the whole Bengals bench to a fight during his rookie year. The guy who gave Buffalo the #1 sign. Oh Yeah, BRIAN COX!

In my mind...pound for pound it's gotta be the guy in my sig below...Tony Bua. I've been a fin fan since '73 and I have never seen such a vicious hit as Mr. Bua handed out last season against the Rams. Tah DOWW!

Back
Top Bottom