allen or patterson? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

allen or patterson?

I'd be happy with either, but given a choice I'd prefer both Tennessee guys over Allen. Patterson definitely has deep speed, and IMHO it's quite evident. He has a great burst and lateral cutting ability. Physically, he's the total package. My only concerns would be that he's still a bit raw, and would take longer to make it into the starting lineup. Between Allen and Patterson, Patterson is faster and has significantly more big play potential. He can stretch a defense, keep safeties out of the box, and his speed provides a cushion. Allen is more of an underneath receiver, and while he can excel in the WCO, I think that type of WR is easier to find.

I disagree with Allen not having big play potential and being an "easy receiver to find", but I plan on watching some of Patterson after this Celtics game and before the Heat later tonight.

Football season is about over. It's draft time

we might be picking 12-18, to high for Patterson, but he wont be there for our second pick, if a good Pass rusher is not there there are other options in the second

It does seem like most of the best fits for us are in the back third of the 1st and front half of the 2nd. Hunter, Patterson, Eifert, Ertz, Rhodes, etc. I'm sure things will change after the combine. There's always workout warriors that shoot up the charts, so maybe some of our guys will be pushed back. I expect to get high quality players with our 1st and both 2nd's as well as good contributors with both of our thirds.

we might be picking 12-18, to high for Patterson, but he wont be there for our second pick, if a good Pass rusher is not there there are other options in the second

If you think he can do the job then take him with the second overall pick if you need too. Eighth over all was meant to be about a full round too high to take Ryan Tannehill.....

Personally I would take a CB round one and be delighted to pick up Roberts woods if he was there in round two.

The fact that coming out of the 2nd round with Stedman Bailey and Joseph Fauria is a legitimate possibility, is pretty scary. Looks too good to be true, and therefore probably is. By draft day I suspect either Stedman doesn't look to be available at our #44-47 overall pick, and/or Fauria doesn't look to be available at our #55-60 overall pick.

To add that much scoring potential in the 2nd round would be fantastic. They're both extremely difficult to nigh on impossible to keep out of the end zone.

The fact that coming out of the 2nd round with Stedman Bailey and Joseph Fauria is a legitimate possibility, is pretty scary. Looks too good to be true, and therefore probably is. By draft day I suspect either Stedman doesn't look to be available at our #44-47 overall pick, and/or Fauria doesn't look to be available at our #55-60 overall pick.

To add that much scoring potential in the 2nd round would be fantastic. They're both extremely difficult to nigh on impossible to keep out of the end zone.

That would be a great second round. I see Jimmy Graham when I see Fauria. I love Bailey's moxie, but think we oughta also grab a tall outside threat. Hartline is 6'2 but he doesn't play tall. I'd like a legit 6'3 threat on the outside to go with Fauria's frame on the inside. Bailey may slide some because other, bigger, receivers may go ahead of him. Allen, Patterson, Hunter, Woods, T Williams, Hopkins...Bailey may not go until the 6th or 7th receiver just because of his frame.

I think the more the scouts digest the film on Stedman Bailey the more they're going to come away impressed. Remember he's a junior so it's not all that surprising that we're not hearing much from the teams about Bailey. The ground level scouts will be pretty familiar but the higher ups won't start digesting his film until they get word he's coming out, which they've now gotten. Those higher ups are usually the ones with the loose lips that talk to the media a little more.

When they look, they're going to see that even back in 2010 as a mere freshman he was out there beating David Amerson and Tyrann Mathieu for touchdowns. They'll see that as a sophomore he beat Morris Claiborne on 7 of the 8 throws, including a touchdown. They'll see tape of Bailey torching the likes of Aaron Colvin, Tharold Simon, Quandre Diggs, Carrington Byndom, Adrian Bushell and Jason Verrett...all decent corner prospects. They'll see him beating guys like Kevyn Scott, Antwuan Reed, Quenton Washington, Brodrick Brown and Camerron Cheatham, all of whom either have already gotten looks from the NFL or will. They'll see him stiff-arm mid round safety prospect Jarred Holley into the turf en route to a touchdown. They'll see him beat mid round safety prospect Rashard Hall over the middle, or be ridiculously brutal and physical blocking Mo Claiborne on run plays.

Once they start to digest not just the obvious skill set but how he's not been intimidated by any coverage player no matter how good he is...that's when I think you'll start hearing more about Stedman Bailey rising up the boards.

Only thing I don't like about fauria as a prospect is his turrrible blocking. I'll go for him maybe with the late 2nd if we don't get a FA TE through free agency but prefer to try my luck on him int the 3rd. Stedman Bailey has a good chance to make it to the 3rd imo but I like him and hopkins who I doubt leaves the 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I don't like about fauria as a prospect is his turrrible blocking. I'll go for him maybe with the late 2nd if we don't get a FA TE through free agency but prefer to try my luck on him int the 3rd. Stedman Bailey has a good chance to make it to the 3rd imo but I like him and hopkins who I doubt leaves the 2nd.
I don't see Stedman Bailey making it to the 3rd...that's what a lot of people thought would happen with Randall Cobb when he came out of Kentucky and he went in the 2nd round and Bailey has been more productive in college.

And if Green Bay does let Greg Jennings go you better believe they're going to take another WR and it will probably be in the 2nd round...Bailey would be a good fit.

Bailey would be amazing, the guy is my fav receiver to watch and receiver is my fav position as thats what I played. He just makes plays. I like what I read about Pete Carroll said the other day, he just likes guys who do stuff, something different. Bailey is it. I dont care how tall he is he gets open and makes tough yards after the catch and has a nose for the endzone. I wouldn't be against trading up to the top of the 2nd to get him if it costs us a 5th maybe even a 4th. I love the kid.

Back
Top Bottom