allen or patterson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

allen or patterson?

not sure why Allen only runs a 5 yard comeback route in that entire video.

this is what I noticed. I did not have much knowledge of either guy before looking at both videos. But after watching from a clean slate it appeared Allen was a possession guy much like we have had with our receivers of late. Patterson looks more like a deep threat a field stretcher, something we have lacked for years and the type of wr we need IMO.

If we pick up Wallace in fa then Allen all day and solidify our wr core for years to come.

But if just drafting one and with just this video to judge, I would take Patterson

When you watch Patterson, his abilities jump out at you. Allen is sure handed and all that, but he doesn't do nearly as much as Patterson with the ball in his hands. We have guys who can catch. We need guys who can make big, game changing plays.. I'd take Patterson. Players can get stronger, be coached on how to be physical at the line, and how to run better routes. Players can't be taught the freak RAC abilities that Patterson demonstrates during games.

I wouldn't take EITHER in RD1. Hopkins has replays that look great too, and he could be had in RD 2 as could others. Get a player that can rush the passer in RD 1 to team with Wake and our D will be terrifying! There are plenty of WCO WR options this year to be had RD 2 or later.

Patterson is definitely growing on me with his YAC ability, plus he does appear to have SOME deep speed. Ideally we trade down into the 20's and take Patterson.

Plus he has kickoff and punt return abilities.

I tell ya what, we take Patterson in the first, then Cooper the OG with 2A and Fauria with 2B, and this offense will have no excuses at that point. Grab a corner like Trufant/Hawthorne and a DE like Tank Carradine or a LB like Mauti in the 3rd.

1. Patterson WR
2. Cooper, OG
2. Fauria, TE
3. Hawthorne CB
3. Carradine, DE

At that point, Miami will have answered many of the gaping holes.

Allen looked a lot like Bess on that video. Run short quick routes, good hands, but FALLS DOWN so quickly!! We need a guy who can go up and get it, that can bust open a play, be elusive, and most of all has a nose for the end zone!! Patterson looked good in that video, but he seems to run extremely upright. Anyone else think this would be a problem?

Not a fan of either to be honest.

I'd rather go with Te'o if we are there with Wallace in FA than any rookie WR in rd.1.

I like Rodgers in rd 2 maybe if he lasts there.

My draft would be Te'o, Wallace FA, Rodgers 2A, and the TE from Stanford in 2B.

Philbins looking for guys who can beat press coverage quickly

Keenan Allen has the better upside. When he learns to be more disciplined with his feet during and after the catch he won't have as much issue falling down. The NFL is a physical game and Keenan Allen is a physical player. He's got tremendous size, strength and athleticism. He's actually pretty salty after the catch and on the run, and he can get beyond physical coverage. I think when you see the two run the 40 you'll realize what the film may have already hinted at, which is that for all this talk of Patterson being the deep threat, Keenan Allen is probably faster. Allen also can play all three of the WR positions, more versatile, can find more ways to get him the ball. If you get Cordarelle Patterson into the NFL and suddenly find that A) He's not actually fast enough to casually blow by corners with deep coverage responsibility, and B) He gets intimidated by physicality...you're sunk.

Allen didn't get much of a chance to show his skills because his brother the quarterback was ****ing awful. Cordarelle Patterson had Tyler Bray throwing to him and Justin Hunter claiming the bulk of opposing defenses' time in the film room. Keenan Allen gets his brother throwing to him, and he's been the guy with the mark on his back for defenses for over two years now. People need to keep that in mind when they compare the two players.

I don't believe in a Keenan Allen the way I believed in a Hakeem Nicks or Dez Bryant. He doesn't speak to me that way. But I think he probably deserves the top billing in this WRs class.

Patterson has his place because he's gifted in both the height department as well as his lateral agility, change of direction. As good open field run instincts as you'll see. But the thing you have to wonder about a Cordarelle Patterson is why am I drafting him in the 1st round when it looks like I might be able to get Marquess Wilson (who is virtually the same player) in the 3rd or 4th round?

Keenan Allen has the better upside. When he learns to be more disciplined with his feet during and after the catch he won't have as much issue falling down. The NFL is a physical game and Keenan Allen is a physical player. He's got tremendous size, strength and athleticism. He's actually pretty salty after the catch and on the run, and he can get beyond physical coverage. I think when you see the two run the 40 you'll realize what the film may have already hinted at, which is that for all this talk of Patterson being the deep threat, Keenan Allen is probably faster. Allen also can play all three of the WR positions, more versatile, can find more ways to get him the ball. If you get Cordarelle Patterson into the NFL and suddenly find that A) He's not actually fast enough to casually blow by corners with deep coverage responsibility, and B) He gets intimidated by physicality...you're sunk.

Allen didn't get much of a chance to show his skills because his brother the quarterback was ****ing awful. Cordarelle Patterson had Tyler Bray throwing to him and Justin Hunter claiming the bulk of opposing defenses' time in the film room. Keenan Allen gets his brother throwing to him, and he's been the guy with the mark on his back for defenses for over two years now. People need to keep that in mind when they compare the two players.

I don't believe in a Keenan Allen the way I believed in a Hakeem Nicks or Dez Bryant. He doesn't speak to me that way. But I think he probably deserves the top billing in this WRs class.

Patterson has his place because he's gifted in both the height department as well as his lateral agility, change of direction. As good open field run instincts as you'll see. But the thing you have to wonder about a Cordarelle Patterson is why am I drafting him in the 1st round when it looks like I might be able to get Marquess Wilson (who is virtually the same player) in the 3rd or 4th round?

that's a huge understatement. his brother has to be one of the worst college quarterbacks i've seen in a long time.

I'm not down on Wilson, but I don't see Patterson. I don't see an electric player with the ball in his hands. Patterson might not have outstanding straight-line speed, but I think it'll be - at minimum - solid for a player his size, and his short area quickness is exceptional. I think I've said it before, but in terms of RAC, Patterson reminds me of a young Jerry Rice - with a little more wiggle.

We need a burner who can go deep right? Not seeing that in Allen.

Wallace in FA but hearing we aint gettin nothin in FA.

you dont need a burner to have a successful offense. you need receivers who can create separation on the consistent basis. look at the patriots and packers. They dont have any real burners, but what they do have, are receivers who can consistently get open and get open down the field.

Back
Top Bottom