All's Quiet On The Ryan & C. Long Front. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All's Quiet On The Ryan & C. Long Front.

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
I posted this in VIP, and with this being draft week, Thought I'd post it here.

The two prospects they are being awfully quiet about are Chris Long & Matt Ryan.

Now, maybe they legitimately have no interest, or, maybe one of these two guys is the player they really want.

I like Jake Long as much as anybody, but we have to be honest with ourselves that this is how the game is played.

If I was a betting man(which I am sometimes), I'm betting one of these two guys is the real target(with Gholston third), and that the hope in the Miami warroom is that they can pull the tradedown and still walk away with the guy they want.

What is awfully suspicious to me is the Dolphin braintrust putting out there that they like Henne as much as Ryan, what benefit could that possibly serve Miami?

That tells me Henne won't be a Dolphin, and that perhaps they are cloaking their Ryan interest.

I think you all know I have not been a Ryan man all along, and I'm not saying I am now, but the tea leaves could be read that way.

Just 5 more days.

I agree 100%. Except i don't think that Matt Ryan is an option either. I'm convinced we go with C Long. I even think the whole 'whoever we take will be signed before the draft' was a smokescreen as well.
I think they are negotiating with J Long because of St Louis... In my mind, Parcells has wanted C Long all along.

Ryan is absolutely not gonna be the pick. Just accept it already.

Ryan is absolutely not gonna be the pick. Just accept it already.

Is that best you can do? You really didn't address the points made, nor did you back up your position.....and, "just accept it already" doesn't cut it here, unless of course you can produce your crystal ball.

The two prospects they are being awfully quiet about are Chris Long & Matt Ryan.

Now, maybe they legitimately have no interest, or, maybe one of these two guys is the player they really want.

I like Jake Long as much as anybody, but we have to be honest with ourselves that this is how the game is played.

If I was a betting man(which I am sometimes), I'm betting one of these two guys is the real target(with Gholston third), and that the hope in the Miami warroom is that they can pull the tradedown and still walk away with the guy they want.

What is awfully suspicious to me is the Dolphin braintrust putting out there that they like Henne as much as Ryan, what benefit could that possibly serve Miami?

That tells me Henne won't be a Dolphin, and that perhaps they are cloaking their Ryan interest.

I think you all know I have not been a Ryan man all along, and I'm not saying I am now, but the tea leaves could be read that way.

Just 5 more days.

I am not sold on all this super secret spy stuff.

I am sure Bill P is doing his do dilligence but in reality we NEED everything right now and being as we are at #1 with the handicap of the high salary I do not believe he will be able to pull off a trade that is to our benefit unless we get a real stupid GM like Rick Spielman to buy the farm.

I am not sold on all this super secret spy stuff.

I am sure Bill P is doing his do dilligence but in reality we NEED everything right now and being as we are at #1 with the handicap of the high salary I do not believe he will be able to pull off a trade that is to our benefit unless we get a real stupid GM like Rick Spielman to buy the farm.

Hey, what else are we gonna talk about until it happens?

But tell me, did you not find it odd that this organization, that has been so tight lipped about everything, let it get out that they liked Henne as much as Ryan?

If they really wanted Henne at #32 or #57, would they make that statement?

If they wanted someone to trade up for Ryan, would they make that statement?

One things a fact Korl, teams do play these games, they admit it.

Hey, what else are we gonna talk about until it happens?

But tell me, did you not find it odd that this organization, that has been so tight lipped about everything, let it get out that they liked Henne as much as Ryan?

If they really wanted Henne at #32 or #57, would they make that statement?

If they wanted someone to trade up for Ryan, would they make that statement?

One things a fact Korl, teams do play these games, they admit it.

Well with today's media saturation it is hard to hide anything anymore. If we send a scout and he is seen talking to a player then a reporter wirtes a story about it it becomes fact.

Then we have agents with agenda's trying to build a market for their player by letting things "slip".

I could fully believe that he could like any one of the 3 that could possibly fall to us in the second round.

I honestly believe we are taking Jake Long IF he will agree to a contract before the draft. If not all bets are off as to what happens.

After that we will draft a LB of some type, a CB and another OL during this draft. Where they get picked will depend on the value of the board at the time.

Well with today's media saturation it is hard to hide anything anymore. If we send a scout and he is seen talking to a player then a reporter wirtes a story about it it becomes fact.

Then we have agents with agenda's trying to build a market for their player by letting things "slip".

I could fully believe that he could like any one of the 3 that could possibly fall to us in the second round.

I honestly believe we are taking Jake Long IF he will agree to a contract before the draft. If not all bets are off as to what happens.

After that we will draft a LB of some type, a CB and another OL during this draft. Where they get picked will depend on the value of the board at the time.

I respect your opinion, but I'm not buying for a minute that a Bill Parcells team let it slip that they like Henne as much as Ryan. Nope.

Just 5 more days.

Interesting theories but they make no sense. The Fins have the #1 pick. Its not like they have the #5 pick and trying to get a guy that another team wants. If they were interested in Ryan then you would hear about it, especially if they were trying to trade out of the first spot. Problem is nobody wants that first pick because they can all sit and still get the guy they want. Ryan isnt used as bait anymore because the odds are he will still be there at the 8 spot and wouldnt surprise me if he fell out of the top 10.
The only guy that could be used as trade bait is Jake Long but that isnt happening either.
There is not reason for the fins to cloak their true intentions anymore. I still think its Jake Long and he has probably already signed with the team.

If you listened to Ryan lastweek you could tell the Fins probably werent an option. They asked him to list off the places that he might end up and Miami wasent one of them.

I respect your opinion, but I'm not buying for a minute that a Bill Parcells team let it slip that they like Henne as much as Ryan. Nope.

No, I am not saying that. I do not think for a minute anyone outside of the orginization knows who he really likes if he like any of them he might like someone in the later rounds more.

I am just saying that in today's world storys and rumors can take on a life of their own.

Just 5 more days.

And the Glenn Dorsey front.

Interesting theories but they make no sense. The Fins have the #1 pick. Its not like they have the #5 pick and trying to get a guy that another team wants. If they were interested in Ryan then you would hear about it, especially if they were trying to trade out of the first spot. Problem is nobody wants that first pick because they can all sit and still get the guy they want. Ryan isnt used as bait anymore because the odds are he will still be there at the 8 spot and wouldnt surprise me if he fell out of the top 10.
The only guy that could be used as trade bait is Jake Long but that isnt happening either.
There is not reason for the fins to cloak their true intentions anymore. I still think its Jake Long and he has probably already signed with the team.

If you listened to Ryan lastweek you could tell the Fins probably werent an option. They asked him to list off the places that he might end up and Miami wasent one of them.

I'm not sure you understood the premise..................

If you really wanted Ryan, but you hoped that you could trade down and still get him, then you might not talk about him at all, same thing goes for C Long.

Ryan won't fall out of the top ten, his intangibles are too good.

There is every reason to cloak your intentions, that is like saying you should show every one your cards during a hand of poker, before the betting is done.

And do you think Ireland intentionally let it slip that the player we draft first will improve our defense?

Everyone knew the Fins liked Henne anyway. It's not secret Parcells likes college Qbs who play in a pro offense. Reporters were saying Miami liked Henne months ago. So it's not like admitting what everyone already knows is a huge deal.

You are also assuming Miami will be able to trade down. That is a huge assumption that most likely will not happen. It is a bad year to have the #1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom