All's Quiet On The Ryan & C. Long Front. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All's Quiet On The Ryan & C. Long Front.

Interesting theories but they make no sense. The Fins have the #1 pick. Its not like they have the #5 pick and trying to get a guy that another team wants. If they were interested in Ryan then you would hear about it, especially if they were trying to trade out of the first spot. Problem is nobody wants that first pick because they can all sit and still get the guy they want. Ryan isnt used as bait anymore because the odds are he will still be there at the 8 spot and wouldnt surprise me if he fell out of the top 10.
The only guy that could be used as trade bait is Jake Long but that isnt happening either.
There is not reason for the fins to cloak their true intentions anymore. I still think its Jake Long and he has probably already signed with the team.

If you listened to Ryan lastweek you could tell the Fins probably werent an option. They asked him to list off the places that he might end up and Miami wasent one of them.
Thats just ridiculous at this point. You have the Falcons and Jets that are very interested in him and there at least three teams that are considering trading up before the Ravens to get Ryan. There is no way he makes it to the Ravens at 8.

Jake Long and Gholston are being used to lower the financial bar IMO. You start negotiating with the lowest priced atheletes first to use leverage on the higher priced ones. Parcells and company want an agreement in place and will then use that agreement to get a lower salary on Chris Long or Matt Ryan. Its not working with Jake Long because the Rams want him and he wont lose any money over it. Gholston will come cheap since if we dont pick him he'll fall to the Raiders at 4 or worse. Once they have an agreement in place they can negotiate with the other two

Everyone knew the Fins liked Henne anyway. It's not secret Parcells likes college Qbs who play in a pro offense. Reporters were saying Miami liked Henne months ago. So it's not like admitting what everyone already knows is a huge deal.

You are also assuming Miami will be able to trade down. That is a huge assumption that most likely will not happen. It is a bad year to have the #1 pick.

1) I'm not assuming anything, the "hope" is to trade down, you have nothing to lose to play poker right up to draft day.

2) No one would have known our "love" for Henne if Parcell's & company had not intentionally made it public, not only that, they stated "they like him as much as Ryan, thereby degrading Ryan.

Ok, so you are hoping, which is even further down then assuming.

And analysts have known the Fins liked Henne because they worked him out. Would you rather that they did not and just took a wild stab at it? I mean, you can only hide so many things.

Ok, so you are hoping, which is even further down then assuming.

And analysts have known the Fins liked Henne because they worked him out. Would you rather that they did not and just took a wild stab at it? I mean, you can only hide so many things.

But dude, we have worked out many many players, doesn't mean we love them all.

We don't go up to reporters and make statements like, "We really like Henne, we like him as much as Ryan" for every player we work out.

And of course the Miami Dolphins are "hoping" to get a tradedown offer, why shouldn't they?

And why shouldn't they try? They have nothing to lose.

Are their really people out there that are clueless about the games teams play leading up to the draft? They are all playing the game.

I posted this in VIP, and with this being draft week, Thought I'd post it here.

The two prospects they are being awfully quiet about are Chris Long & Matt Ryan.

Now, maybe they legitimately have no interest, or, maybe one of these two guys is the player they really want.

I like Jake Long as much as anybody, but we have to be honest with ourselves that this is how the game is played.

If I was a betting man(which I am sometimes), I'm betting one of these two guys is the real target(with Gholston third), and that the hope in the Miami warroom is that they can pull the tradedown and still walk away with the guy they want.

What is awfully suspicious to me is the Dolphin braintrust putting out there that they like Henne as much as Ryan, what benefit could that possibly serve Miami?

That tells me Henne won't be a Dolphin, and that perhaps they are cloaking their Ryan interest.

I think you all know I have not been a Ryan man all along, and I'm not saying I am now, but the tea leaves could be read that way.

Just 5 more days.

Why would Parcells/Ireland "cloak" their interest in Ryan, especially if they are indeed looking for a trade?

Why "cloak" their interest in Ryan, especially if they are indeed looking for a trade?

Because......lets assume it is Matt Ryan or C long that is the target, if you cloak your interest, and appear to be set on selecting Jake Long for example, you just might get a tradedown offer that drops you to 2-5, that allows you to still get Matt Ryan or C Long and get extra picks.

Why would Parcells/Ireland "cloak" their interest in Ryan, especially if they are indeed looking for a trade?
So you can get a team like the Falcons, Cheifs, Raiders or Rams to trade up to get Jake. With Gholston its to get the Raiders to trade up to get him. Try every avenue. They already know what interest is or isnt there for Ryan and Chris since there names were on the board before going to the Dolphins. These aare the last two of the lot unless they decide to throw in Dorsey sometime this week

Because......lets assume it is Matt Ryan or C long that is the target, if you cloak your interest, and appear to be set on selecting Jake Long for example, you just might get a tradedown offer that drops you to 2-5, that allows you to still get Matt Ryan or C Long and get extra picks.

If they appear set on taking J long then nobody is going to offer them a trade because if hes not taken at #1 then its at #2. #2 isnt going to trade up to #1.

Cant see either the Raiders, Chiefs, Rams or Falcons being that desperate for a specific guy.

Rams are weak on their OL and DL
Falcons are weak on their OL and DL also
Raiders are weak on DL, OL, LB and will take McFadden if hes there
Chiefs are weak on OL and QB.

So from looking at the top 5's needs, I dont know why any of them would trade with the Fins when if say the Falcons miss out on Dorsey they can fill another need with Ryan, Gholston or either one of the Longs.

If they appear set on taking J long then nobody is going to offer them a trade because if hes not taken at #1 then its at #2. #2 isnt going to trade up to #1.

No, if the Rams for example, are in love with Jake Long, and they become convinced he is our pick at number 1, they might give something up to move up 1 and get their guy, its happened many many times.

Remember us trading up with Minnesota to draft Carey?

Are their really people out there that are clueless about the games teams play leading up to the draft? They are all playing the game.

If you are implying I am clueless why don't you do a search on who I said the Fins would pick last year. This year I said Jake Long. You say Ryan. Care to guess who will be correct?

I know all about the draft games. I think it is clueless to assume that somehow the Fins are going to get someone to trade for the #1 pick, when simple knowledge of the draft shows that event is not common.

I posted this in VIP, and with this being draft week, Thought I'd post it here.

The two prospects they are being awfully quiet about are Chris Long & Matt Ryan.

Now, maybe they legitimately have no interest, or, maybe one of these two guys is the player they really want.

I like Jake Long as much as anybody, but we have to be honest with ourselves that this is how the game is played.

If I was a betting man(which I am sometimes), I'm betting one of these two guys is the real target(with Gholston third), and that the hope in the Miami warroom is that they can pull the tradedown and still walk away with the guy they want.

What is awfully suspicious to me is the Dolphin braintrust putting out there that they like Henne as much as Ryan, what benefit could that possibly serve Miami?

That tells me Henne won't be a Dolphin, and that perhaps they are cloaking their Ryan interest.

I think you all know I have not been a Ryan man all along, and I'm not saying I am now, but the tea leaves could be read that way.

Just 5 more days.

The part about the Dolphins liking Henne as much as Ryan and their supposed lack of interest in Flacco from yesterday's Herald Sports Buzz leads me to think the Dolphins definitely like Flacco and our trying to get teams in the 2nd that want a QB to trade up for the #32 pick

Back
Top Bottom