"Almost" a positive article from Omar about Tannehill... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Almost" a positive article from Omar about Tannehill...

Why does Omar get so much discussion here? As an out of market Finsfan, I regularly visit the sun sentinel, herald, and PBP online papers for blogs and info. Since Omar, I now skip the sentinel. Just move on as there are other more reasonable aswell as intellectual writers.

Omar is a example of someone who just isn't that inherently smart trying to act intelligent. Possibly the single most annoying trait someone can possess.

So he compares a guy in his second year to a seasoned 10 year vet...unreal.

Omar must submit his pieces then have his boss go to Finheaven to show the impact he has on us.

A typical Omar article followed by the typical post of the article and the typical response of he sucks.

Omar's mother should have swallowed that load...... Enough said.

Getting old fast. I find it interesting that he compares the Tannehill offense with the Pennington offense but fails to compare the defense that Pennington practiced against vs. the one that Tannehill plays against. I have a feeling that the results would have been much different. I don't doubt that Omar realizes this but it just doesn't fit his agenda.

Honestly, I can't disagree entirely with what Omar said in the article. The thing is, it is all so painfully obvious that it begs the question of why the article was even written in the first place. We all know that Tannehill has a lot to prove. The guy is a pathetic excuse of a journalist, plain and simple. There were even parts of this article that were repeated verbatim from another article he did recently. I know the guy has to write a daily piece but he clearly has a lack of intelligence and creativity when it comes to deciding which topics to write about. It makes me shake my head in disgust to think about someone as untalented as him being paid to craft drivel like this over and over, ad nauseum.

He needs to stop analyzing and start reporting.

If he wanted to use the whole Pennington angle then hit him up, grab a quote. Talk to Tannehill and tie it together.

If nothing else, I am at least confident that if Omar Kelly doesn't like Ryan Tannehill as a player, Tannehill will become great.

Three touchdowns during a red-zone drill against the second-string defense doesn't tell us enough about whether Tannehill has improved on third-down throws, red-zone execution and fourth-down efficiency.
If Tannehill had thrown three interceptions instead of touchdowns, do you think it would have told us more about Tannehill? I bet Omar Kelly would spin it that way.

This article wreaks of plagiarism... I just read practically the same thing the other day, minus the Pennington references. Wish I could remember who wrote it, I'll have to see if I can dig it up somehow.

---- EDIT ----

Nevermind.... it was himself who he was copying... I guess that's fair, but how many different ways can he spin the same article?

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...5_1_ryan-tannehill-third-downs-miami-dolphins

Article 1:

Ryan Tannehill's supporters have plenty of excuses for why he was a bottom-tier starting quarterback in the NFL last season.
Tannehill was a rookie with 20 college starts at Texas A&M.
Tannehill needed to become familiar with the speed of the NFL game.
Tannehill didn't have the best weapons around him as a rookie.
The Dolphins didn't allow Tannehill to throw many passes in the red zone.
ALL of these excuses are accurate!
I've heard them all, and you've probably used them all to prop up the player South Florida hopes will become the Miami Dolphins' franchise quarterback.

Article 2:
Tannehill's supporters have plenty of excuses for why he was a bottom-tier starting quarterback in the NFL last season.
Tannehill was a rookie with few college starts at Texas A&M.
Tannehill needed to become familiar with the speed of the NFL game. Or he didn't have the best weapons around him as a rookie.
The Dolphins also didn't allow Tannehill to throw many passes in the red zone.
All of these excuses are valid, and you've probably used them to prop up the latest "Chosen One."

Article 1:
But the excuses aren't important, or relevant for the 2013 season. What's relevant is what the Dolphins' second-year starter is doing to improve his 76.1 passer rating, which had him ranked the 27th best passer in 2012, and how he'll produce a winning record as Miami's starting quarterback.
PLENTY of improvement is needed considering Tannehill was the WORST third down passer in the NFL last season.
On football's MOST CRITICAL DOWN Tannehill completed 85-of-144 (59%) of his passes for 946 yards, throwing three touchdowns and seven interceptions.
The Dolphins converted 37.7 percent of the team's third downs last season, which ranked Miami 16th in the NFL.
Tannehill had a 65.3 passer rating on third down, and pedestrian quarterbacks like Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Weeden and even Mark Sanchez were better than him.
Article 2:
But justifying mediocrity isn't relevant to this season. What is relevant is what the Dolphins' second-year starter is doing to improve his 76.1 passer rating, which had him ranked the 27th best passer in '12, and what he's doing to remove the shame of being the NFL's worst quarterback on third down last season.
Not one of the worst. We're talking the worst — courtesy of his 65.3 passer rating on that critical down.

This article wreaks of plagiarism... I just read practically the same thing the other day, minus the Pennington references. Wish I could remember who wrote it, I'll have to see if I can dig it up somehow.

---- EDIT ----

Nevermind.... it was himself who he was copying... I guess that's fair, but how many different ways can he spin the same article?

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...5_1_ryan-tannehill-third-downs-miami-dolphins

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah I thought he just wrote about these same stats.

this article is just so bad...so damn bad...penny wowed everyone day 1 he showed up...the damn guy couldn't even make every throw...he didn't wow anyone in the regular season...he was a game manager not a playmaker...

yeesh...

Back
Top Bottom