Along with CB duo..do we have the best DE's in the league? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Along with CB duo..do we have the best DE's in the league?

We have the best group of DEs, but Ogunleye wouldn't be good without JT on the other side. However, we have a ton of depth at DE, and with that in mind, we have the best DEs in the league.

tony brackens and hugh douglas is pretty good so isnt terrel suggs and michael mcrarry.

As a whole, Miami has the most talented defense in the NFL.. But talent and Defensive scheme go hand in hand.. I do feel like the defensive scheme sets up Miami's defense for failure.. Too plain, too simple, too easy to figure out... Zach and Madison have already talked about this.. So it's no surprise.

9.5 sacks is 9.5 sacks i dont care how you get them....if the goon got 9.5 sacks every year for the rest of his life id find it hard to complain personally but i think that up is the only way to go for him and chester also

I love our ends. Ogunleye did succed because of JT but he also got 9.5 sacks. He is a good player, but I am looking forward to having two defensive ends with double digit sack numbers, plus more pressure equals worse thrown balls which equals more INTs.

I know I'll get bashed but the Bills have a lot of young talent. I mean look we have Marcus Jones, Aaron Schobel, Keith McKenzie, Grant Irons, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Andrew Bowers. Most of it is young and unproven but with youth comes comes improvement and with the addition of Tim Krumrie as our D-Line coach I like the chances of our youth getting a lot better over time.

Yeah I do...the Jay Pic....it is true though so do not bash me ;)

I won't bash ya so long as you're just saying the bills have young guys that have a CHANCE of developing.

Overall I would just have to say that a sack is an excellent play. But its only a fraction of how you should value a defensive end. In fact, when you get right down to it, its no more valuable than a Stuff is for like a linebacker or somethin and those aren't excactly coveted like gold. The number of sacks don't always tell the story on a DE. Usually and I do mean usually, sacks are a good indication of how much pressure the guy puts on. But nothing is absolute.

Pressure tells it. Is this a guy that creates pressure or is this a guy who is the beneficiary of pressure. I believe Ogunleye is the latter. Yes he did it in college, but he also suffered a horrendous knee injury which nobody thought he could recover from. Surely enough he's made great strides to get this far, but IMO he is still not a guy who creates pressure on his own. That knee injury just like any major injury, was not an all or nothing affair...its not a matter of did he recover or did he not. Its entirely possible that the injury just made him a different football player, still good enough to do what he's done, but not the same premier passrusher he was in college. Fortunately for us, we've got one of the best pressure creaters on the market right now...a guy who you absolutely MUST game plan for or else he WILL take over.

BTW Terrell Suggs has to prove something before you can say his teaming with McCrary (who is also of questionable consistency) makes them one of the best in the NFL.

Julius Peppers shouldn't have to prove anything after his rookie pace, but then again at one time everyone was equating John Abraham and Jason Taylor...few, except some of the more stubborn Jet fans, are doing that now. The guy opposite Peppers, Rucker, is pretty good too though so if Peppers can create pressure consistently and become a premier DE yeah these two could make a bid.

Jevon Kearse, Kevin Carter, and Carlos Hall get my vote for top 3.

The Bills have some of the worst DEs in the league. Who is scared of Aaron Schobel? What has he done. I think the Bills DEs are a weakness on that team.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I won't bash ya so long as you're just saying the bills have young guys that have a CHANCE of developing.

Overall I would just have to say that a sack is an excellent play. But its only a fraction of how you should value a defensive end. In fact, when you get right down to it, its no more valuable than a Stuff is for like a linebacker or somethin and those aren't excactly coveted like gold. The number of sacks don't always tell the story on a DE. Usually and I do mean usually, sacks are a good indication of how much pressure the guy puts on. But nothing is absolute.

Pressure tells it. Is this a guy that creates pressure or is this a guy who is the beneficiary of pressure. I believe Ogunleye is the latter. Yes he did it in college, but he also suffered a horrendous knee injury which nobody thought he could recover from. Surely enough he's made great strides to get this far, but IMO he is still not a guy who creates pressure on his own. That knee injury just like any major injury, was not an all or nothing affair...its not a matter of did he recover or did he not. Its entirely possible that the injury just made him a different football player, still good enough to do what he's done, but not the same premier passrusher he was in college. Fortunately for us, we've got one of the best pressure creaters on the market right now...a guy who you absolutely MUST game plan for or else he WILL take over.

BTW Terrell Suggs has to prove something before you can say his teaming with McCrary (who is also of questionable consistency) makes them one of the best in the NFL.

Julius Peppers shouldn't have to prove anything after his rookie pace, but then again at one time everyone was equating John Abraham and Jason Taylor...few, except some of the more stubborn Jet fans, are doing that now. The guy opposite Peppers, Rucker, is pretty good too though so if Peppers can create pressure consistently and become a premier DE yeah these two could make a bid.

Jevon Kearse, Kevin Carter, and Carlos Hall get my vote for top 3.

There no doubt Taylor gets all the attention with double teams but Ogunleye still has to beat RT blocking him and you have to like how he can power(Surprising that he has that type of power) or a speed rush.Like some one else said 9.5 are 9.5 sacks and I'll take that type production any day over Mixon.

Watch for Julius Peppers and Mike Rucker duo.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Bills have some of the worst DEs in the league. Who is scared of Aaron Schobel? What has he done. I think the Bills DEs are a weakness on that team.

Lets see Aaron Schobel had 6.5 sacks his rookie year and last year he had 8.5 sacks. So why are you saying Schobel sucks? Watch those Miami Dolphin games last year and see how many time Schobel was in your backfield. You can't blame that on Lucas being back there because he still had to beat the o-linemen to get to him.

Back
Top Bottom