Alot of intresting Battles to see at camp.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot of intresting Battles to see at camp..

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I have seen teams line up 4 defensive ends in obvious pass downs before, seen it plenty of times too. It all depends on the personnel. Normally we wouldn't because well, we've got Daryl Gardener playing defensive tackle for us and his specialty really IS getting penetration and being unblockable. We TALKED about the possibility of Tim Bowens staying in on pass downs one year but that certainly never happened.

It wouldn't even be the first time the Dolphins have lined up 4 DEs on pass downs. In 2000 when DG went down with the back injury we regularly lined up Trace Armstrong, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Brommell, and Jason Taylor on the same DL during obvious pass downs. LoBro played inside.

Penetration is certainly not what I would call Jermaine Haley's specialty after watching him play for a couple of seasons. Just because he safetied Antowain Smith one game it doesn't mean he did it because he got penetration he was just disciplined and unblocked. Larry Chester was not signed for his penetration abilities either. Rob Burnett and Jay Williams both have experience playing inside. I would not be surprised at all to see them both inside on obvious pass downs.

I was thinking the same thing....

I like all you guys analysis, but for WR you guys totally left out R. Baker who was having great mini camps.. He also did dress and play in some games last year. On the D side.
Delvin Brown and Shields had very good seasons in the NFLE and could be sleepers for the nickle and dime packages and actuallly knock some players off the roster. This should be a great camp with very interesting results...Now we should pray for no injuries.

See what you're saying but Robert Baker ALWAYS looks good in mini-camps, ALWAYS disappears in training camp and preseason, and can never be counted on to stay healthy. He's just training camp fodder...pickin up a paycheck while he's here. As for Shields and Brown I feel bad for them but there's really no room on the roster for either. Would be really really really shocked if any of the 3 made the team.

I say again Baker played last year and I really would like to see him make it..They should let him try KO and PR again, he was pretty good there until he got hurt..Unfortunately I agree, sometimes good players don't get the breaks if the're undrafted, but I watched a lot of the NFLE games and D. Brown and Shields can play, if they show in camp don't be surprised.

I always like Baker also but maybe this year he stays healthy...I would rather see Baker over Odgen any day...He has a good shot this year but this will definitely be his last chance.

Back
Top Bottom