ALshon Jeffery jsut ran a 4.47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALshon Jeffery jsut ran a 4.47

next-year

MostHated
Reaction score
for what it's worth, just got it off twitter from @draftinsider

at what weight??? reports were that his playing weight was b/t 228-240 lbs if recall correctly...he looks like a 4.6 guy to me on tape

so every bit of at least 15 lbs less than his playing weight...i'd stay away personally
It was said he played closer to 240. He was 219 lbs at the combine and refused to run despite being healthy...he didn't do any of the drills despite being healthy. So he lost an additional 6 lbs for his pro day...I worry about this kid ballooning up when he gets that paycheck.

It was said he played closer to 240. He was 219 lbs at the combine and refused to run despite being healthy...he didn't do any of the drills despite being healthy. So he lost an additional 6 lbs for his pro day...I worry about this kid ballooning up when he gets that paycheck.

Yup.

so every bit of at least 15 lbs less than his playing weight...i'd stay away personally

I like him, personally. That said: I don't want to draft him. I was very high on him until his weight issues came out which tells me he's 1.) lazy and 2.) could eat himself out of the league like Mike Williams did. Unless he falls to good value, I wouldn't use a pick on him right now.

It doesn't matter what any of these kids run... what matters is how fast they play the game of football.

Alshon Jeffrey plays the game around 4.55... which is decent for a receiver with his size and ability to high point the football.

He can play the game. I have him as a solid late 2nd/early 3rd round prospect, and one of the top 8 receivers in this draft... with the ability to outplay his draft position if he works at his craft even a little bit.

I'd take a chance on the kid. He put up impressive numbers against SEC corners. He's a big target, attacks the ball in the air, has good body control and strong hands. No, he's not the fastest guy in the world but he's a football player. Give me that guy over the guy with the measurables and timed speed anyday. I will say his weight issues are a concern but in the 2nd or even early 3rd, you'd be crazy not to take a chance

I want to say that I remember him on some top 10 or 20 lists before the season. I'm not really a fan. At 213 lbs, he lightened up to get his speed up. He probably plays at 230 and runs between 4.55 and 4.6. I don't like his short area burst. I'd consider him in the 3rd, but I'd really prefer a different type of receiver, IMO.

i fail to see how he fits in this o anyways...i can see where in some o's its worth the gamble in round 3 but not for us with a top 50 pick...

i fail to see how he fits in this o anyways...i can see where in some o's its worth the gamble in round 3 but not for us with a top 50 pick...
I can agree he doesn't fit our offense but he will be a good player

If you listen to coach Philbin the receiver he want's catches slants and can stop and go without losing any speed sounds like a Kendall Wright type.

Back
Top Bottom