ALshon Jeffery jsut ran a 4.47 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALshon Jeffery jsut ran a 4.47

concern for jeffery with me is will he separate at the next level when he gets back to a more playing weight and loses some of that track speed...that and route running...which i think is pretty lousy...he also was listed at like 6 ft 5 or something crazy and came in at 6 ft 2 and some change i believe

anyways...i don't think he's in play for us at all

I just put this post Up as news, let it be noted. I don't want the dolphins touching this guy.

Alshon Jeffery Pro Day

for what it's worth, just got it off twitter from @draftinsider
More from Jeffery's Pro Day
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/03/01/pro.days/index.html
The anticipated workout of South Carolina receiver Alshon Jeffery is almost over, and thus far the reviews have been mixed. Jeffery weighed in at 213 pounds this morning, three less than his combine weight. His vertical jump touched 36 ½ inches, slightly better than the average of 35 7/8 inches for the wideouts who jumped at the combine. Unofficially, his broad jump measured 10-2, again slightly better than the average of 9-11 from receivers at the combine.
His 40 times averaged between a high of 4.55 seconds on his first attempt to a low of 4.47 seconds on the second run. Those in attendance said Jeffery seemed to stumble a bit at the start of his second run. All 32 teams are represented at the workout and the players are about to start position drills.

For the most part receiver Alshon Jeffery leaves the workout with improved opinions from teams than when he started this morning. His official 40 times are being charted as 4.49/4.50 seconds, and Jeffery posted an impressive three-cone time of 6.71 seconds. His other marks included a short-shuttle of 4.09 seconds and 60-yard shuttle of 11.10 seconds. Jeffery came to the workout looking buff at 6-2 ½ and 213 pounds. Scouts were impressed with his conditioning and the way he proceeded through the workout. During position drills Jeffery caught just about everything thrown in his direction, plucking the ball away from his body and effortlessly making receptions. His route running is still suspect, as Jeffery struggled to quickly get in then out of breaks, and its a skill he needs to improve. Overall the effort today is likely to push the big receiver back into the top part of round two.

Good. I hope he pushes himself up the board past Kendal Wright and Wright falls into our laps in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom