Am I allowed to use this | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I allowed to use this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree

WharfRat said:
That really sux Bro...
I have a friend who had a close call there (He was supposed to be working right next door to Tower1, but stopped to eat his bagel in Battery Park instead...thank God), but I didn't actually lose anyone I know.
Anyone who shows any kind of disrespect towards that event, has no place anywere near me.

Regardless of how you feel about our government, who can erase the horrible images from their mind, even though it was just about 5 years ago. The smoke - the ash - the people running and screaming. Julio Iglesias' son did a beautiful rendition of a song - not sure of the title, however, it does say I Can Be Your Hero Baby with people talking about the event during the song. I play it every year on 9/11.

Anyone who could be so unfeeling is off their rocker imo.

It's tough, one of the guys I knew was the FBI agent that was documented on a TV show, he saved a bunch of people, and then ran back in to save more, then it came down.

He left a wife, two kids (one with a mental handicap), but he did what he was trained to do. Not that the family likes it, but they are dam proud of him.

Another guy I graduated with just had a baby weeks before it happened.

It was like a bad dream, my wife is a nurse in Teaneck (just over the GW bridge) and they were talking about sending her over (which scared the hell out of me)

I to this day, remember blowing of work, and sitting on the edge of my couch and just staring at the TV in disbelief, with tears in my eyes.

It hit everyone hard all over the country, but living her, and seeing the Towers pretty much everyday of you life, even when not noticing them. I feel people in this area feel hit harder. When I drive down RT 17, I notice the empty space every time now.

I remember people coming home on my block at midnight, covered with dust and their wives running out the door to greet them.

I will never forget!

Wow - a truly horrible memory for us all. I know - I can see the where the towers used to be from 280. It's awful. Just reminds you to hold your friends and family closer as much as you can.

I don't think none of us will ever forget about Sept 11. That day will go down has one of the darkest days ever in the US. I honestly get choked up a bit when I talk about this.

Majpain said:
What exactly was it?

Why do you want to know after you read this thread? It was a horrible image and does not need to be re-addressed.

Philter25 said:
I work for the government. :wink: You think you know everything about the government? You have no idea.

Want a cookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom