Am I Crazy for NOT Liking Breshad Perriman? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I Crazy for NOT Liking Breshad Perriman?

The hands worry me the most. And until I see our coaching staff actually develop players with flaws to their game at receiver I'm going to assume it won't happen this time either. I still have flashbacks of Derek Hagan letting footballs bounce off of his hands with no defender within 10 yards of him.

There really isn't much to worry about regarding his hands, as I outlined above.

I moved Perriman up after his performance - but only from the 3rd to the 2nd round. I do like that he comes from a football family. Think it helps guys better deal with the stresses of developing into an NFL player. I share many of the concerns expressed throughout this thread.

Do we get to draft this speedsters family too? :chuckle:

He was credited with 8 drops last season. And all but one of them though were on short passes like slants, comebacks, hitches, etc... with an average depth of around 6-10 yards.

That's like 90% of our offense (sadly).

That highlight reel looked good to me though, looks like he catches with his hands rather than a body catcher.

I'd like to see a highlight reel with all of his drops, as you say, the numbers don't always paint an accurate picture.

That's like 90% of our offense (sadly).

That highlight reel looked good to me though, looks like he catches with his hands rather than a body catcher.

I'd like to see a highlight reel with all of his drops, as you say, the numbers don't always paint an accurate picture.

It's not like he has issues catching passes on those types of routes. A lot of it had to do with the QB throwing absolute missiles in those spots where taking even just a hair off of it would have been fine. There was also an adjustment with that, that had to be made from Perriman going from Bortles to Holman. There was a drastic difference from the 2. It got better as the season progressed between all of the receivers and Holman in that regard. Holman's first action this season in game 1, where he only played the 2nd half... I think Holman had 8 of his passes dropped, lol. It took everyone some time to adjust to the fire he was slinging lol.

Last year was a very rare crop of wide receivers. Second tier guys were also special. Often there's a great danger in getting carried away with the trend and expecting it to repeat. More than likely it will not, and the gap between freak talents and the next group will revert to what it normally is.

I don't like to push late bloomers too high. In watching Perriman throughout his career I never viewed him as a first rounder.

That school gives me trouble to begin with. Last year I liked Bortles, although #3 seemed strangely high. Once he got into the NFL his tunnel vision and lack of natural throwing accuracy and instincts seemed glaring. I doubt he'll ever overcome it. Jacksonville will likely stick with him too long and not be rewarded.

Last year was a very rare crop of wide receivers. Second tier guys were also special. Often there's a great danger in getting carried away with the trend and expecting it to repeat. More than likely it will not, and the gap between freak talents and the next group will revert to what it normally is.

I don't like to push late bloomers too high. In watching Perriman throughout his career I never viewed him as a first rounder.

That school gives me trouble to begin with. Last year I liked Bortles, although #3 seemed strangely high. Once he got into the NFL his tunnel vision and lack of natural throwing accuracy and instincts seemed glaring. I doubt he'll ever overcome it. Jacksonville will likely stick with him too long and not be rewarded.

I partially agree that last years class was special and we shouldn't expect every class to produce on that level, but a big part of this is all the best athletes are being told to be WRs. Especially the guys that go to off season football camps during high school. Add that to the fact the league keeps making it easier and easier for offense, and now these guys are going to colleges and telling them flat out, "I want to be a WR or I won't play for you."

Look how athletic this WR class is, maybe the most athletic I've ever seen.

My guess is Eventually this will slow down, as the influx in WRs will drive there value down, which IMO is already happening and eventually more of these guys will choose to be Corners amd safeties. But for now, I don't think last year was a one time thing ny any means.

Thats a silly reason to judge a player. Brandon Marshall also went to UCF.

Back
Top Bottom