Am i missing something | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am i missing something

Tavon Austin, why should we take a slot recever at #12 when we have bigger need's............
be449b97-1.gif

Sorry but i dont get it.
600x381-1.jpg

Well think about this. Would the pats take him? Would that make us double check ourselves with same question twice a year for the next 10 years?

He's the best player in the draft and the most flexible. I would jump on it in a second and address our need with the rest of our picks.

Well think about this. Would the pats take him? Would that make us double check ourselves with same question twice a year for the next 10 years?

He's the best player in the draft and the most flexible. I would jump on it in a second and address our need with the rest of our picks.

Let's be honest, who plays for the same team for 10 years in today's NFL?? More like for the next 3 years. And in that time Brady will be out, so no I have 0 problems with them taking a 5'7 160 lb receiver.

Either way you look at it, the Austin pick would be a complete wasted pick, especially in the 1st round with so many players that can suit up for us day 1. Are you cutting any receivers we just signed? No. Are you cutting a solid Bess? No. Are you cutting Matthews? No. So why bring in a guy to a position that we have already settled. No sense at all.

Size really has nothing to do with durability. Playing style, instincts, and ability to avoid the big hit are all more significant.

Football has long been full of players with great size who are made of gingerbread and brittle as pie crust. Nobody spent more time on an excercise bike than Joe Toledo and he was 6'5", 330.

Recently was quoted as saying in last 8 seasons never missed a game or even was injured. Link below mentions collegiate hx

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1570059-miami-dolphins-will-tavon-austin-be-considered-at-no12

I see why everyone is enamored by Austin, and thinking of him in our offense is terrifying. I am willing to pull the trigger on a difference maker and build a young, dynamic team for years to come. But one thought...

How is his character? Yes his skill set will be absolutely dynamite in our offense, but Philbin and Ireland won't touch him if he is a bad character guy.

If there are character concerns for any reason, THAN we pass and get CB or DE with 12 and in the 2nd rd get Swope, a guy who this coaching staff knows and can do a great job in this system as well.

But if no concerns, by all means, make this Miami squad a FIERCE one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITS!MATEO;Are you cutting any receivers we just signed? No. Are you cutting a solid Bess? No. Are you cutting Matthews? No. So why bring in a guy to a position that we have already SETTLED. No sense at all.[/QUOTE said:
This is our problem as Finfans in the first place, why should we SETTLE for Bess or Matthews instead of Austin? Are we not in the business of constantly improving, even on what seems like "a position of strength".

If we "settled" last year, we wouldn't have traded up for Lamar Miller, than we would be left with Thomas only from Reggie being a FA.

Same idea with the LBs this year. They weren't a problem this year but we had an opportunity to IMPROVE, GET YOUNGER, CHEAPER, and BRING IN TALENT. That's what we did and should ALWAYS do when the opportunity presents itself.

Bess if an FA next year and so is Keller, so why not infuse young talent and improve our roster even more? Ireland has proven that he is willing to improve on a strength, and especially if it means getting younger and cheaper.
It's a no brainer in my mind. If there are no character issues, you sign TAVON AUSTIN UP

I'm led to believe there's guys that have played well in the NFL that are substantially dumber if that tells you anything.

One thing is for certain, his bodily-kinesthetic intelligence is superior to 3/4's of the receivers that are in the NFL. He just flat out plays football on a different level than most any of the other prospects, and more of it accomplished with his mind than people think.

Kenny Easley a good safety for the Seahawks in the early 80's i think. Was said to be dumber than a box a rooks, had a low grade level reading and writing ability.

This is our problem as Finfans in the first place, why should we SETTLE for Bess or Matthews instead of Austin? Are we not in the business of constantly improving, even on what seems like "a position of strength".

If we "settled" last year, we wouldn't have traded up for Lamar Miller, than we would be left with Thomas only from Reggie being a FA.

Same idea with the LBs this year. They weren't a problem this year but we had an opportunity to IMPROVE, GET YOUNGER, CHEAPER, and BRING IN TALENT. That's what we did and should ALWAYS do when the opportunity presents itself.

Are you joking right now?? We just brought in the top wide receiver in free agency, signed back our number 1 guy in Hartline AND signed an extremely solid guy in Gibson. Bess is a great slot guy, has been his ENTIRE career here and now somehow he sucks because people have a hard on for a midget receiver that hasn't done anything in the pros yet. Please :lol: Matthews was a rookie last year that caught everything they threw his way during his reps. Why get rid of him?

Where are we settling at that position?? Please explain.

LB'er was our number 1 problem on defense. I've been saying it for years now, so I have nothing to say about that. I was also happy about the Miller trade up. Receiver was our number 1 problem on offense and we just fixed that.

I swear the Madden kids need to put down the controllers and realize the NFL is a business and you can't just sign all 100 rating guys on your team :rolleyes2:

There are holes to be filled and receiver is no longer one of them. With the 1st pick you draft a guy that you can actually play this year, not a guy that won't sniff the field because the position is stacked.

Back
Top Bottom