Am I the only Dolfan who thinks Ronnie Brown just isnt that good? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only Dolfan who thinks Ronnie Brown just isnt that good?

MIAFANSQUARED

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On the GameFaqs forum I am one of about 6-7 Dolphin fans and all are normal Miami fans for the most part. But they all love Ronnie Brown. I for one think he is mediocre at best. Sure he has good games but never a good full season. His only full season in his career came when he was splitting carries this season (and he only started 13 games). I think for what we spent on the guy and where we drafted him he is starting to wear thin on me. I mean he is hurt 90% of the time and if you took away the Wildcat what would he have been like this past season? Im guessing not great.

So im wondering if anyone here thinks that this should be his last chance to be a full time starter in Miami this season and if you agree or disagree and why?

*Please dont kill me for bashing Ronnie I know most Miami fans love him*

ronnie is a beast.. he would have had like 1400 + yards if he wasnt sharing carries, maybe more

He's hurt 90% of the time? Really?

He's been splitting carries his whole career. Last year he had a great season, good YPC average. The year before that he was one of the top 3 backs in the league statistically before he got hurt (trying to make a tackle, mind you).

You raise no legit arguments.

Ronnie has done pretty good with a crappy O-line.

I think he will do better this season, but you never know. Parcells and company might draft a RB on day 1. I doubt it, historically he gets them low in the draft...

No you're not the only one, there were many of you guys before the season started... People forgot he returned from acl tear... that first season back is never your best... plus our traditional running game was awful... has more to do with the O-line than Brown.

I think you're probably the only one that has that low an opinion of him. I'm one of the few on this site that will say he's not elite, and I catch my own share of hell for that. While he's had his injury issues, he's certainly not hurt 90% of the time. He is a very good overall, all around back that can do many things better than most backs out there. I'd certainly class him within the top 10-15 backs in the NFL....And that's not too bad. I think you're being a little harsh.

If you take away all the great plays he had what really did he do? Take away those TD's and then he never had an impact in the score! Take away all those first downs after first contact then what did he do? Take away all those recepetions and he only ran the ball! Take away all that time he ran off the clock in the 4th when protecting a lead then what did he do to help secure the wins?

Honestly take away everything he did for us and then your left with nothing!!!! So why all the love for Ronnie.......when you take everything away!!!!!

I think you're probably the only one that has that low an opinion of him. I'm one of the few on this site that will say he's not elite, and I catch my own share of hell for that. While he's had his injury issues, he's certainly not hurt 90% of the time. He is a very good overall, all around back that can do many things better than most backs out there. I'd certainly class him within the top 10-15 backs in the NFL....And that's not too bad. I think you're being a little harsh.

Ditto GB. I find the entire post to be a bit disingenuous considering the fact that Ronnie is in his sig.

Ronnie is far better than mediocre. Maybe he's not the best, but I'm with GoonBoss. I think he's amoung the top 10 to 15 ... you add a top notch o-line and he'll climb that scale in a hurry.

ronnie is a beast.. he would have had like 1400 + yards if he wasnt sharing carries, maybe more

And he'd probably have re-injured his knee and not made it through the whole season, and, maybe ended his career. There was a reason he was splitting carries.

Back
Top Bottom