Am I the only one outraged | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one outraged

I just dont understand why some of these athletes haven't yet realized that the new commish isn't going to tolerate stuff like this. Some players are so stupid nowadays its not even funny. Why Portis chose to comment on this matter is strange enough, but to have said what he did on national tv??? Then follow up with 'i know about 20 ppl who setup dog fights, i'll take u to them right now' what the **** was the man thinking???

I really am not surprised by these comments. Clinton Portis was always a ******* in my eyes. The guy is high about 80% of the time outside of the football field.

guys i am disgusted with this vick situation and i think the commisioner is about to lose his cool. a source close to goodell said vick and pacman both have lied to him and portis sent goodell a letter telling him to mind his own buisness. man it doesnt seem like the players are listening to goodell 's warnings . goodell has to be fumming over these incidents .
I dont know what you guys would do if you were goodell but i would let the teams cut these fools and let it not go against the cap . i would officailly ban these clowns then the messege will be sent.

I had the same reaction. The Redskins are trying to do damage control but you can tell that is how Portis really feels. Dog fighting is fine and dandy to him, and people should just mind their own business.
i agree to an extent with what portis said...i agree we need to mind our business more, but i'm not for dog fighting

guys i am disgusted with this vick situation and i think the commisioner is about to lose his cool. a source close to goodell said vick and pacman both have lied to him and portis sent goodell a letter telling him to mind his own buisness. man it doesnt seem like the players are listening to goodell 's warnings . goodell has to be fumming over these incidents .
I dont know what you guys would do if you were goodell but i would let the teams cut these fools and let it not go against the cap . i would officailly ban these clowns then the messege will be sent.
i'm calling BS on that one

its no bull espn and a ex dolphin coach said there is evidence that both cats lied to goddell and that i would beleive to be the case .

Another thing that's funny is when Vick was asked if he thinks he'll be exonerated, he replied "Sh, no comment." Hearing him and Portis has just been ridiculous.

Well the guy didn't go to Cornell now did he!!

That's THE U for ya!!! :D

Who cares that Portis thinks that way? Who is he? A good football player... that is all! His opinion, let alone his opinion on dogfighting, should not matter and yet you deify him to the point where you get upset when he says some ignorant ****.

Stop caring so much what football players do and then you might find out that everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want.

I don't care if dogs fight or not, but I do care that animals get slaughtered all the time in middle american slaughter houses and farms but you do not see me criticizing Ronnie Brown for eating meat.

The biggest problem with society is that people care too much about what people who don't matter think. And even though I know this, I've stooped so low as to even responding to other people whose opinion do not matter. My opinion doesn't even matter so just make your own mind up, and believe what you believe with out criticizing others for the same reason.

Who cares that Portis thinks that way? Who is he? A good football player... that is all! His opinion, let alone his opinion on dogfighting, should not matter and yet you deify him to the point where you get upset when he says some ignorant ****.

Stop caring so much what football players do and then you might find out that everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want.

I don't care if dogs fight or not, but I do care that animals get slaughtered all the time in middle american slaughter houses and farms but you do not see me criticizing Ronnie Brown for eating meat.

The biggest problem with society is that people care too much about what people who don't matter think. And even though I know this, I've stooped so low as to even responding to other people whose opinion do not matter. My opinion doesn't even matter so just make your own mind up, and believe what you believe with out criticizing others for the same reason.
Dude, I agree as an adult I shouldn't pay him any attention, but my six nephews will hear what he and other ignorant sport stars say as well and could be influenced by them - I hope not - but today is what today is and that's why we give a crap when we hear these knuckleheads spew their garbage, there is alot of young kids who unfortunately look upon these clowns as Gods.

So as an adult I will just laugh at him, but as an uncle I will condemn him and the likes of him as vehemetly as I can.

Portis is entitled to his opinion as messed up as that seems and he did have a point on NFLTA by saying "Vick is innocent until proven guilty".

You are right he we shouldn't listen to Portis, he is just a football player a big muscle guy who can run fast. There are a million of them out there. Thats why people get pissed that we let the lowlifes become millionaires and famous and represent something that almost every boy has dreams of being in at one time or another.

Unfortunatley kids look at this mentality of "who cares what the rules are" and think they can do it too. Goodell needs to do whatever it takes to stamp it out. There are plenty of good guys out there to have a great league. They just don't get the press.

I just dont understand why some of these athletes haven't yet realized that the new commish isn't going to tolerate stuff like this. Some players are so stupid nowadays its not even funny. Why Portis chose to comment on this matter is strange enough, but to have said what he did on national tv??? Then follow up with 'i know about 20 ppl who setup dog fights, i'll take u to them right now' what the **** was the man thinking???

I just wish someone in law enforcement would take him up on his bluff.

"Ok Clinton, take me to these 20 people right now. I'll arrest all of them for animal cruelty."

The whole concept of Portis trying to "back up" Vick makes absolutely no sense to me. It seems Portis needed a little extra publicity and maybe in his eyes bad attention is better than no attention.

Back
Top Bottom