Am I the only one that is saying no to RGIII??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that is saying no to RGIII???

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the kid can play.. but I just dont see him being that superstar franchise elite QB that everyone else is so hyped on.. (Even OJ McDuff)

For the price to A) draft up B) salary... I just dont see him being worth the cost... However Andrew Luck on the other hand.. I'd negotiate.. but will be willing to give up every single pick this year, in all rounds and the 1st next year for the rights to him.. Thats how strongly convinced I am, that he'll be the next elite QB...

LOL.. I'm sure most of you are saying "Thank God Jeep isnt our GM"... but in the end, I guess we'll just have to wait n see how accurate my gut is, so I was wondering if anyone else felt this way too?

Nope the price alone is enough to say no but I also am not sold on this kid at the NFL level IMO.

I would take him at 8 if we don't get Manning or Flynn but I wouldn't trade next years first to move up for him.

Jeep, I'm curious. How much have you seen him play? Is this just a gut feeling of yours without seeing him play that much? or is it that you have seen him play in tons of games and you feel his talents won't translate well to be a franchise QB in the NFL?

I think a lot of people see that luck is out of the question and so they are pinning thier hopes on picking up a QB with our first pick. Thing is, once again there is no sure thing QB this offseason. Every single option we realistically have comes with some serious questions, and some serious risk. I for one wouldn't want to be in jeff irelands shoes right now, because he has to decide who and what to risk it on.

Jeep, I'm curious. How much have you seen him play? Is this just a gut feeling of yours without seeing him play that much? or is it that you have seen him play in tons of games and you feel his talents won't translate well to be a franchise QB in the NFL?

Yes.... I have seen him play and my gut is working overtime on this one.. The only thing I can put into words right now (and thats because I havent figured out what exactly I dont like about RGIII) is all hype and will fail miserably at the NFL... kinda like Jamarcus Russell did for the Raiders..

I love how hyped up RG3 is though. I'm hoping on the inside that he goes number one and that the front office trades everything including firstborns for Luck.

I'd take RGIII in a heartbeat, just like I'd take Manning, Flynn, or Tannehill in a heartbeat. I just want a QB damnit! Whoever this FO thinks can be our QB then I say we go get him, No matter how much the FO spends on someone. I can sit here and say trading up for RGIII is too much or Manning is too much of a risk but at the end of the day Ireland will do whatever he thinks is best for us.

i like RG3 ... but we have other holes to fill i would love for the dolphins to pick Melvin Ingram with th 8th pick. The guy can play de in a 4-3 and outside lb in a 3-4. He also played dt on some plays..

Extremely high risk but high reward too. I wouldn't mind getting him, actually I would love to take a chance with him, but how dumb would we look if he turns out to be the next Jamarcus Russell and we traded away the first pick in next years draft.

Remember people, a mobile QB is the scariest thing an NFL opposing defense can face... RG3 led the nation in yards per completion... He hits big plays because teams have to respect his ability to scramble. Add BMarsh and Devo to the equation i think its a perfect fit. He can also take a hit at 6'2 with a 220lb frame... MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR!!! He is a good kid. He is a intelligent man and is a role model, unlike alot of these thugs that come out of college. I would invest in the kid...I would compare his Senior year play to a hybrid Aaron Rodger / Michael Vick alien being. He will sell tickets too, that's a FACT.And the guy that brought up salary as an issue... These rooks don't get payed like they use too... Wont be an issue. This franchise hasn't had a bright spot at the QB position in years, YEARS!!! He would inject much needed optimism into a franchise and fan base that dis pertly needs it...

GO DOLPHINS GO JESUS GO RG3

price is way to much....probably take (3) 1st rounders and/or players to seal the deal. if we sign Manning or Flynn. we might as well wait till the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom