Am I the only one that is saying no to RGIII??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that is saying no to RGIII???

Personally I want RGIII, but whatever Coach Phiblin wants, I hope he gets. If he is gonna run this team, and he thinks RGIII can be a big time superstar than I hope we go get him. If he thinks Flynn can be a big time QB then get him.

I really like RGIII as a player and I think he will be a great player in the NFL.
The problem is the price. The Rams are going to make that pick the most expensive in history.
Part of the dilemma is this...If we get Manning, draft OL, and we make the playoffs for the next 2-3 years, our draft picks will be in the 20's..not exactly where you want to be to get Manning's replacement. We will be right back where we started.
We will have to bank on one of our development projects to step forward.
However, draft RGIII, bite the bullet in the draft for 2 years, complete the team in FA, and by year 3 we should be competing for the playoffs.
Tough call.

I dont love RGIII either..but he may help put butts in the seat which could help us win..Whats the big difference between him and Vince Young when he came out? Idk tho...I didnt think Cam Newton could make the transistion and he did pretty good last year.

I dont love RGIII either..but he may help put butts in the seat which could help us win..Whats the big difference between him and Vince Young when he came out? Idk tho...I didnt think Cam Newton could make the transistion and he did pretty good last year.

RGIII is a passer. VY was a runner. That is the difference.

Extremely high risk but high reward too. I wouldn't mind getting him, actually I would love to take a chance with him, but how dumb would we look if he turns out to be the next Jamarcus Russell and we traded away the first pick in next years draft.

Please stop it with the JMac stuff. Thre is NO WAY IN HELL that RG3 becomes the next JMac. Even if he's a bust it won't be because he was like JMac. JMac was lazy and stupid with tons of talent. RG3 is hard working and smart with tons of talent.

No way I give up so many picks to move up and take him. I don't believe in mortgaging so much on a player that has never stepped on an NFL field. He could be great, he could be a flop, and anywhere in between. There is no way to know. That's why you don't give up a ton of picks to move to take him. It's just not worth all the draft picks that could strengthen this team in multiple positions.

No, you are not the only one. I have voiced this, but apparently speaking out against RG III makes you an ignorant redneck? I am not going to waste my time on a thesis backing up my opinions, but I have seen film, compared that to other QB's with his skills, and have humbly and with very little education to back me up, deduced that RG III will be devoured by NFL caliber defenses. RG III will turn us into a one demensional team, that will be shut down, and dared to pass the football. We will then do that with terrible results. But, I am just a dumbass, so I vote for drafting him, just so I can be right.

No, you are not the only one. I have voiced this, but apparently speaking out against RG III makes you an ignorant redneck? I am not going to waste my time on a thesis backing up my opinions, but I have seen film, compared that to other QB's with his skills, and have humbly and with very little education to back me up, deduced that RG III will be devoured by NFL caliber defenses. RG III will turn us into a one demensional team, that will be shut down, and dared to pass the football. We will then do that with terrible results. But, I am just a dumbass, so I vote for drafting him, just so I can be right.

It's fine to have an opinion, there have been more than enough busts in the NFL over the years at the QB position to think any QB coming out could bust, just some of the reasoning I have seen on RGIII busting has just been downright undeserving.

I think the kid has that "it" factor, total package, a guy who will put in the time to take in what the coaches are trying to convey to him, the intelligence to learn a new system/playbook and the athletic ability to make things happen on his own. Sure his feet are a little happy, he needs that in the NFL, and he does keep his eyes down the field some already which is great, he needs to develop more patience in the pocket and limit the times he bails. He also, like alot of QBs entering the NFL, is gonna have learn to go thru progressions quicker, make adjustments presnap, all that good stuff. You also like to see him throw with more anticipation . . . but this is a guy who has shown improved every year at Baylor and there is no reason why he can't improve in the NFL. He isn't a finished product and that just makes him all the more dangerous.

This guy sold me after that Oklahoma game, that first quarter he was getting pounded, but he took every hit and he kept ticking and he made some incredible throws in that game. I don't care what anybody says, he is a better QB prospect than Cam Newton because of his ability to throw the ball. I don't expect him to have the rookie season Cam Newton had, but 5 years from now RGIII will be the better of the 2.

Hey this is my first post, I'm a big Phin fan and a huge fan of the draft, thought I'd give my opinion on RGIII.

I see a lot of comparisons to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young when trying to find a college comparison, I tried for a little while back to find a good college comparison stat-wise. He has much better completion percentages and YPA than busts like Troy Smith or Andre Ware, or even Alex Smith - all successful college guys. The closest comparison I can come up with is a more mobile, physically gifted Colt McCoy. During McCoy's junior year he completed 76.7% of his passes for 3859 yards at 8.1 yards per attempt, he also had about 561 yards rushing (his numbers went down his senior year). RGIII was sitting at about 72.4% of passes for 4298 yards at 10.68 YPA, with 699 yards rushing. I think Griffin has more physical gifts than McCoy, but they were both smart, very productive college quarterbacks. I do think RGIII will be more successful just because he has the intelligence and the physical ability. I would love the Dolphins to draft him, but not at the price of an entire draft. Just my thoughts.

Hey this is my first post, I'm a big Phin fan and a huge fan of the draft, thought I'd give my opinion on RGIII.

I see a lot of comparisons to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young when trying to find a college comparison, I tried for a little while back to find a good college comparison stat-wise. He has much better completion percentages and YPA than busts like Troy Smith or Andre Ware, or even Alex Smith - all successful college guys. The closest comparison I can come up with is a more mobile, physically gifted Colt McCoy. During McCoy's junior year he completed 76.7% of his passes for 3859 yards at 8.1 yards per attempt, he also had about 561 yards rushing (his numbers went down his senior year). RGIII was sitting at about 72.4% of passes for 4298 yards at 10.68 YPA, with 699 yards rushing. I think Griffin has more physical gifts than McCoy, but they were both smart, very productive college quarterbacks. I do think RGIII will be more successful just because he has the intelligence and the physical ability. I would love the Dolphins to draft him, but not at the price of an entire draft. Just my thoughts.

I've always compared Griffin to Shaun King. Similar build and style, although Griffin is a better athlete.

Shaun King:

Height:6'1"
Weight: 220

Robert Griffin

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 220

I think people forget how good of a QB prospect Shaun King was coming out of Tulane, or either they're too young to remember King at Tulane. He lit it up in Tommy Bowden's spread offense and led Tulane to an undefeated season....and he did it without the talent around him that Griffin had at Baylor. King was an intelligent kid too. He managed to come in an lead Tampa Bay to an NFC Championship Game one year, but fizzled out.

If you're looking for a statistical comparison it don't get much better than Shaun King. The desparity in passing yardage is made up by the number of passing attempts between to two ( 402 for Griffin..... 328 for King). Teams are throwing it more now than they did even in spread offenses in the late 90's. The bubble screen has taken the place of hand offs.

Shaun King:

68% completion percentage / 3,232 yards / 36 TD's - 6 INT's / 9.9 YPA / 183.3 QB Rating

Robert Griffin:

72% completion percentage / 4,293 yards / 37 TD's - 6 INT's / 10.7 YPA / 189.4 QB Rating

Back
Top Bottom