Am I the ONLY one who hopes we miss out on Tannehill?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the ONLY one who hopes we miss out on Tannehill??

why no one want give matt moore chance he is still young 27... he look good last year.. with little support that guy can be top 10-15 qb..tannehill will not beat out moore as qb in nfl...the problem w dolphins is they dont have no good wr now....dolphins need used oth this year and get in condition....i dont want draft qb yet... manning is gooid but one hit he is done flynn is unprove i wouldnt give him that type money....

NO to Tannehill at #8 we need an immediate starter who can play THIS YEAR. we are far more than one player away IMO

I'm sure i'm in the minority here when it comes to preference on Ryan Tannehill, but I can't be the ONLY one. Can I?? Look, i'm not trying to bash the kid. I really believe he has a decent skill set. I think he has a high ceiling. The problem I have is that in ANY other draft class, this kid is a 2nd round draft pick. He is being pushed into the first round and now the top 10. By the time the draft actually comes, he may have made his way into the top 5-6. Are we seriously considering moving up to get Ryan Tannehill????

I would like to know what you guys think of all this. How many of you would be happy if we took Tannehill at 8? How many of you would be pissed? Does anyone actually think he is worth trading up for?

Me personally, i'm hoping that the Eagles or Cards jump in front of us and draft him. If either one or any other team were to do that, I'd then try and make a play to trade down and grab more draft picks OR if we couldn't get any offers that were worth it, i'd stay put and DRAFT BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!! Draft smart, get some weapons (TE, WRs) for Moore to work with this year. I can live with Moore for another year. Who knows, maybe he lights it up and even gives us some trade bait that we can turn into picks for next years draft.

If Moore struggles then we are sure to have a top 10 pick next year. If Moore plays lights out then we trade him and use the extra picks, together with our full set of draft picks and we do WHATEVER we have to, in order to put Matt Barkley's name on our draft pick card. Honestly, who would rather wait until next year and draft a QB, where he SHOULD be selected at?! I dare someone to tell me Ryan Tannehill has top 8 talent. We ALL know he's gonna take at least one year to sit and learn. If we're gonna wait, why not wait, play Moore and then draft a guy that truly is worthy of a top 10 pick.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I don't agree....the value of QB's has never been higher...look at last years draft.

It is exactly this kids potential and ceiling that drives his value way up. Christian Ponder went very high last year and I like this kid much much better as a potential franchise QB for this team to take a shot at.

I am sick and tired of this franchise ignoring the QB position and failing to recognize it as the top priority of the team.

You arent the only one. Im not sure about what ireland is going to do but if philbin has any say in who we take first, i guarantee it wont be tannenhill. Seems like philbin goes with the bpa stragedy which is great, im all for taking trent richardson if he drops to us, thats the spark this team needs, a true playmaker. Since all the qbs will be taken, thats leaves with the next best choice to improve our team which i believe is T rich.

I'll feel most comfortable with Kuechly or Fleener (I know I have him rated higher than everyone else here, I know). But if this staff thinks Tannehill is the kind of QB they can develop into a franchise QB, I'm good with that.

If Sherman has a good feel for the kid and his future, and if that feeling is that he can thrive and grow into a franchise guy there is no way you should pass on him. If an elite player such as Blackmon or Claiborne (areas of need) fall to us then you have to weigh your options. One of those options could be to take Weeden instead at a later pick. (although we may have to try and move up to grab him).
Lets ask a couple of questions:
Whats the most important position on a football team? QB
What do perennial winners have on their team that stands out? Good QB play
What position have the Dolphins whiffed at over and over? QB
How many QB's have started a game since 1999 was it? 17 i think

So honestly for me, i hope we take the best QB we can get our hands on ASAP in the draft, over and over until we hit on it.
A RB doesn't put you on his shoulders and take you to a SB- we took Ronnie Brown second over all remember?
It's so freakin obvious what this team needs it's like i want to bang my head against the wall and yell it out loud!! (read my sig below)

If Sherman has a good feel for the kid and his future, and if that feeling is that he can thrive and grow into a franchise guy there is no way you should pass on him. If an elite player such as Blackmon or Claiborne (areas of need) fall to us then you have to weigh your options. One of those options could be to take Weeden instead at a later pick. (although we may have to try and move up to grab him).
Lets ask a couple of questions:
Whats the most important position on a football team? QB
What do perennial winners have on their team that stands out? Good QB play
What position have the Dolphins whiffed at over and over? QB
How many QB's have started a game since 1999 was it? 17 i think

So honestly for me, i hope we take the best QB we can get our hands on ASAP in the draft, over and over until we hit on it.
A RB doesn't put you on his shoulders and take you to a SB- we took Ronnie Brown second over all remember?
It's so freakin obvious what this team needs it's like i want to bang my head against the wall and yell it out loud!! (read my sig below)

lets put our faith in a coach who just fired from a college job, excellent.

I'm neutral on him. I am not in favor of trading up for him but if he is sitting there @#8 and they take him then I'm fine with that. If the browns or someone else take him first then so be it. I would be just as happy to trade back with someone like the Eagles for #15 & 51. Take Weedon @15 and then use the rest of the draft to fill out our offense.

I certaintly wouldn't be upset if they didn't take him even if he was there at #8. I know we need a franchise QB in the worst way but if they feel like he isn't going to be one then pass on him and get another elite player/talent that will be there with such a high pick.

We have to come out of this draft with either Tannehill or Weeden. No more waiting for next year. No excuses Ireland.

I'm neutral on him. I am not in favor of trading up for him but if he is sitting there @#8 and they take him then I'm fine with that. If the browns or someone else take him first then so be it. I would be just as happy to trade back with someone like the Eagles for #15 & 51. Take Weedon @15 and then use the rest of the draft to fill out our offense.

There is no way I'm trading up to get Tannehill. All this QB hype has suddenly made this guy move higher than his talent.
He is being overvalued by almost everyone at the moment.
The eighth spot is still way too high. I wouldn't take him there either.
Fans tend to get caught up in all the "We have to have a QB right now" nonsense and you lose sight of what is best for the team.
Tanny is a late first round/ early second at best.

This type of mentality gets Miami nowhere.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

And Quarterback value is so much higher now, so Tannehill is rightfully a first round quarterback.

This type of mentality gets Miami nowhere.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

And Quarterback value is so much higher now, so Tannehill is rightfully a first round quarterback.

Taking a QB way above his value and not picking an impact player would get us nowhere either. I'm not saying this would be the case if we took Tannehill but it very well could be. I know we need a QB but under no circumstances should they take Tannehill at #8 if they don't seriously believe he will be a franchise QB. It would be pretty bad if we took Tannehill and he ended up being worse or no better than Matt Moore and players like Ingram, Richardson, Keuchly, Floyd etc. slip past us and end up being studs. Conversly though the worst case scenerio would be we don't take Tannehill, and he ends up being a great QB so I can see why people are willing to reach on him but I would certaintly understand if we didn't.

There is no way I'm trading up to get Tannehill. All this QB hype has suddenly made this guy move higher than his talent.
He is being overvalued by almost everyone at the moment.
The eighth spot is still way too high. I wouldn't take him there either.
Fans tend to get caught up in all the "We have to have a QB right now" nonsense and you lose sight of what is best for the team.
Tanny is a late first round/ early second at best.

Re-read my post. I never said that I was in favor of trading up for him. While I agree with you that he shouldn't be a top 10 pick the trend in the past few years has been to take QB's higher than they really should. If they take him at 8, I will just shrug and hope that we see him in a couple of years do more than hold a clipboard.

Back
Top Bottom