Am I the ONLY one who saw Pierre Garcon Give away that game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the ONLY one who saw Pierre Garcon Give away that game?

Wow....An NFL player would want to risk his own career to get a college QB on his team? I guess I can understand it, since the only thing they will have to look forward to at QB next year is that one guy. What was his name again? Peyton something. I'm sure he'll suck when he gets back. QBs never return from injuries. I remember when Marino came back from his achilles injury. The critics were right. He would never be the same again. His career was as good as over. I recall how he only put up a pitiful 473 yards and 5 touchdowns that game. Or I remember when that guy Brady came back from his foot injury (an anemic 2 tds and 378 yards). Man, that guy hasn't been **** since. I mean, if those two guys couldn't do anything after an injury, what could we really expect out of a no name player like that Peyton What's-His-Name? I highly doubt that he is going to feel revitalized and even want to play anymore. May as well go out and get a sure thing like Luck. The critics are always right about those QBs, and I'm sure he'll light it up in the pros. Maybe he'll even be a success like Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, or Akili Smith.

Okay, seriously. There are no sure things in the draft. Pro players know this, and would not jeopardize their careers to get anyone on their team. If they would, they are part of the problem on the team that they play for, and should be cut.

Scrap...I know you feel strongly about the idea a team could lay down on a season but either way the Colts losing the 1st five games even w/o Manning is suspicious & convenient. Speaking of Manning though...You do realize he is in the twilight of his career right? Even last season the guy was starting to look like Marino in his last few years where his legs got stiff as a board and he was a sitting duck. Peytons legs look like they are wrapped in foam out there. The Colts know he has less than 3 left in him and as others have posted a franchise QB comes along once a blue moon.
I agree that Luck is not a sure thing...No draft pick is but I will tell you what I heard the other day. I believe it was a guest on espn radio who knows NFL scouts. He said when Manning came out of college there were doubts about his arm and accuracy...not 100% of them we sold on Peyton. Luck? He said he has not heard one scout express doubt as to his skill set or leadership ability and they all agree he is the catch of the draft when he comes out.

Luck is friends with Peyton and likely would love to learn at his feet; Oliver Luck would no doubt prefer his son cementing his future in an organization run by Irsay and Bill Polian than Ross and TBD (maybe even including Carl Peterson). It's a no brainer. Luck spends 1-2 years observing how Peyton runs the offense, reads defenses, calls his own plays etc, and after that either Peyton retires due to more injury bugs or the Colts flip him for some high picks.

It's the stars aligning just right for The Luck family - only The Colts may be helping them along. Remember, this is the team that took a knee helping enable the 7-7 jest to get into the POs in 09, knowing full well that they'd again be facing them when it counted (Peyton outscoring their vaunted defense 24-0 in the final 31 mins of the PO game). They are very calculating.

Scrap...I know you feel strongly about the idea a team could lay down on a season but either way the Colts losing the 1st five games even w/o Manning is suspicious & convenient. Speaking of Manning though...You do realize he is in the twilight of his career right? Even last season the guy was starting to look like Marino in his last few years where his legs got stiff as a board and he was a sitting duck. Peytons legs look like they are wrapped in foam out there. The Colts know he has less than 3 left in him and as others have posted a franchise QB comes along once a blue moon.
I agree that Luck is not a sure thing...No draft pick is but I will tell you what I heard the other day. I believe it was a guest on espn radio who knows NFL scouts. He said when Manning came out of college there were doubts about his arm and accuracy...not 100% of them we sold on Peyton. Luck? He said he has not heard one scout express doubt as to his skill set or leadership ability and they all agree he is the catch of the draft when he comes out.
There is absolutely nothing about that play that gives me any sort of feeling that the fumble was intentional. Did anyone even see the play? It got dislodged by the Bengal who fell into his elbow as his arm was moving backwards.

I'm not saying it was on purpose, because I still don't think it was. The Colts took a frozen sledgehammer to the balls when Manning went down. He is the Colts, plain and simple. A team that lost it's identity and is in a state of flux can seem like it is purposely losing. However, if it keeps happening, then I would start to question it. Teams get better, no doubt about that. If the Colts don't get better, then I would say they are purposely tanking. However, they STILL haven't put Manning on IR. Until they do that, I'm convinced he is going to come back the last half of the season and play a few games to ensure they don't have a chance to draft his replacement yet. If it turns out they are purposely losing, the league office better have a good solution. If they don't do something about it now, other team will follow suit going forward. Personally, I'd respond by giving them the last pick in every round and moving everyone else up a pick...

Back
Top Bottom