am i the only one who thinks... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

am i the only one who thinks...

aj13

Long time listner, first time caller
Reaction score
that unless an impact player like quinn, okoye, adams, johnson falls to us at 9 that we'll attempt to slide down a few picks in the draft (i.e. if a team is looking up to grab adrian peterson???) and look to target levi brown, joe staley or greg olsen...

i think mueller wouldnt mind dropping back 3-4 spots in the draft insuring that one of these players is still available...anyone else a believer in this draft philosophy?

also, what consideration would we be given by the draft chart for sliding down a few spots, a 3rd? 4th???

ive read a lot of draft reports, including one from kiper that says that staley is moving up a great deal and is poised to land in the middle of the draft...some say he is the best left tackle in this draft....

also, ive read some sites that adam carrikker, de of nebraska is well liked by the dolphins, sliding down wouldnt surprise me at all, especially since mueller once used a first round pick on a de (charles grant)...

I agree that we should be trading back to get more picks.

If we keep sliding back to get more picks we'll never get a single player. The object is to get the best players at that pick, not accumulate picks and waste them on players we can't use or that won't make the squad.

I agree that we should be trading back to get more picks.

How many more exactly do you want? We already have 9 picks, we are only allowed 10 (I believe, or is it 12?).

i agree with u 100 % and all phins fans should think like that to...the way i cthe more picks we can get the better...just think if we had ,like 10 or even 11 picks in this years draft...that would be great....

If we keep sliding back to get more picks we'll never get a single player. The object is to get the best players at that pick, not accumulate picks and waste them on players we can't use or that won't make the squad.

EXACTLY. We have 9 right now. Trade up to #6 and take Quinn if he makes it out of the top three, and we will have 8 picks total (7 left after selecting Quinn) because out 3rd would go to Washington with the #9. Then we have two 2nd rounders, which can be used for an OL and a WR, and we just filled 3 big needs in our first three picks. We can try and find a CB that will be able to start, at least at nickel, in round 4, then the last 4 picks (2 6ths and 2 7ths) can be used to add depth to positions like LB and DL, maybe even another RB, or a TE if there happens to be a worthwhile one.

I want no part of Quinn.. He will stink in the NFL IMO - he is so overrated its unbelieveable.. He should really be a 3rd or 4th round pick if he played at any other school but Notre Dame..

I have a feeling the dolphins will take Patrick Willis if he is there at #9 .. He will simply be the most impactful (and best player) available if he is there.. Bottomline.

I'd also like if Laron Landry was there at #9 and somehow falls .

My #1 preference though is to trade down to about #12 to #17 then take Kalil .. We need a center ! And he will be an All-Pro .. I guarantee it !! And drafting him would be like adding two O-lineman because that would mean HAdnot will be moving over to Guard - And he is much better there anyway ..

A WIN WIN situation if you ask me .. Plus we'll add another much needed pick by moving down a little .. And get another good player..

So by trading down, we will essentially be adding an all pro center in Kalil.. We will be adding a good guard in Hadnot , and we may add yet another o-lineman with that other pick we get by moving down..

So in essence, we get 3 players for one ..

That one trade down can ultimately help fix our offensive line problems greatly IMO. Something that is LONG LONG overdue !

i think this would be a savvy move. move down to about 14 or so, snag another second rounder in the process and still be able to draft a guy like Willis or Ginn Jr. i'd love to see this happen.

How many more exactly do you want? We already have 9 picks, we are only allowed 10 (I believe, or is it 12?).

You can have 12, and we could always gain picks in next years draft by sliding down.

thanks! i see brains somewhere on this board finally.

Back
Top Bottom