Am I the only one who wants us to draft Jonathan Martin 1st round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one who wants us to draft Jonathan Martin 1st round?

TakeoSpikesNeck

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A lot of you talk of drafting a QB if avaliable, or a guranteed play maker. I think if we draft the right tackle from Stanford Jonathan Martin, our O-line would be so beast! and we can later attract any QB we want with an O-line like that. 4-5 seconds to pass and look off recievers in the NFL is like finding 100oz of gold in your back yard. Remember this is now a PASSING league. I think Reggie is going to have a better season next year, and Thomas is going to complement Reggie great for 3rd down power running. If we have a right tackle to add to Pouncey, as well as Long on left side our line is going to be set for 10 years (pending injury of course). We can get a QB like Flynn or Manning, or even Moore to have tons of time and play with defenses as far as all the leverage involving time in the pocket. Our strong run blocking, and running could set up play action bombs that we haven't seen since Marino and Namath. Confiedence is everything for the QB position. Having a line where you know you wont be getting killed today can boost moral so much. Getting Bess involved more who is one of the best route runners in the NFL, getting Hartline involved more, and of course Marshall. This could even boost our screen game 22% due to reggie catching and beasting in front of a Wall so big and strong!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who would be excited to see this happen. I'm 24 now, and I feel like 5 years ago I would have threw a control at T.V for drafting a line man and not a play maker RB or WR. But its funny how I think now as far as building inside-out now. Instead of outside-in. I guess its just seeing "Play Makers" like Ginn bust year after year. While seeing O-line man make pro-bowls every year for 12-14 years straight.

Thoughts/ Critique

um someone needs to lay off the drugs and making threads as jokes tonight. srs.

if you're looking for offkey humor go check out the lounge. plenty of people up for nearly any kinda conversation in there.

We've got enough youth on this O-Line. Get a RT in free agency and spend our first rounder to help another position.

This thread I'm serious about. What play maker out in the draft is going to help us week 1, and for the next 10 years?

Do not say Blackmon!

We've got enough youth on this O-Line. Get a RT in free agency and spend our first rounder to help another position.

Funny because the line was not good. I'm not looking for age I'm looking for some damn talent. Wouldn't care if the draft pick was 28 like QB from OKS. I want RAW talent on right side. Free Agency does not build championships!

We don even have HC yet and your worried about the draft.

And for the love of everything holy no more first round linemen!!!

Head Coach is not important. Funny how H.C with Pro-Bowl QB's win superbowls and HC without P.B QB's Don't win SB.

I want the Bpa, but I honestly would not be too mad if we drafted him.

I'm slightly drunk at the moment man and the combination of your name, Takeo Spike's neck and the fact you want us to resign Henne has me ready to puke

I completely agree with the poster; Martin or Riley Reiff in the 1st round would be great. I think Incognito got better in the season, but Colombo just stank all year. Imagine if we had Long, Incognito, Pouncey, F/A, Martin/Reiff as our OL...that'll be a beast OL for 10+ years. Look at all the teams in the playoffs; they all have great OL's. Im not too concerned with our run defense, runningbacks, receivers; Im concerned with our QB, OL and safeties. But picking Martin wouldnt be bad at all; I would much rather David DeCastro but since our current RT cant block a a practice squad DE, he needs to go.

IF we trade back about 10-15 spots and pick up another 2nd and 4th rounder, then I'd be all over this pick.

Would be much better than mortgaging EVERYTHING for anybody else in the draft!!!!

Yes. The only OL worth taking in the top ten are DeCastro and Kalil. Mainly Decastro.

Back
Top Bottom