Am I the only one who wants us to draft Jonathan Martin 1st round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one who wants us to draft Jonathan Martin 1st round?

I'm fine with Martin in the 1st as long as we are taking him to protect Flynn. I.E, SIGN FLYNN!!!

IF we trade back about 10-15 spots and pick up another 2nd and 4th rounder, then I'd be all over this pick.

Would be much better than mortgaging EVERYTHING for anybody else in the draft!!!!
This. I don't think Martin is worthly of top 10, but he is a good player.

Funny because the line was not good. I'm not looking for age I'm looking for some damn talent. Wouldn't care if the draft pick was 28 like QB from OKS. I want RAW talent on right side. Free Agency does not build championships!

Besides Colombo our Line was actually pretty good. I think we ranked 15th in O-Line rankings and that includes Colombo. You must be watching other football games. We get a competent RT in there instead of Colombo and we should have a top 10 O-Line.

Thanks guys, I figured the ones who didn't want to draft a strong RT where just the kids of the forum who want a magical DB or WR, who will most likely be a bust and waist of pick.

Thanks guys, I figured the ones who didn't want to draft a strong RT where just the kids of the forum who want a magical DB or WR, who will most likely be a bust and waist of pick.

Anything other than a qb in the first round is going to be considered ludacris dude, this team needs a qb, o-lines can be improved threw free agency. Our only weak part on our o-line is colombo, we fix that we fix the problem. No need to waste a 1st rounder on rookie o-lineman again. Time to draft a qb.

Vontae Davis hasn't been a bust. A Right Tackle can be a bust as well, so I don't follow your logic.

I would take Martin in the 1st. But it depends on the coach/philosophy coming in.

If we plan to be a power running team, then i would take DeCastro. He's a sure fire start and stud in the middle who will open holes and greatly help the team.

If we plan to be a more pass happy offense, then i go with Martin to protect the QB. It's easier to find a decent pass blocking guard. Martin has a better base and anchor than Reiff, which is why i have him rated higher.

The philosohpies would also have an effect on if i would look to go defense as well, with Upshaw and Kuechly being possibilities.

BPA or trade down. I won't hate the Martin pick if he's the best guy on the board when we pick, but I think the RT position could be filled a little later in the draft.

A lot of you talk of drafting a QB if avaliable, or a guranteed play maker. I think if we draft the right tackle from Stanford Jonathan Martin, our O-line would be so beast! and we can later attract any QB we want with an O-line like that. 4-5 seconds to pass and look off recievers in the NFL is like finding 100oz of gold in your back yard. Remember this is now a PASSING league. I think Reggie is going to have a better season next year, and Thomas is going to complement Reggie great for 3rd down power running. If we have a right tackle to add to Pouncey, as well as Long on left side our line is going to be set for 10 years (pending injury of course). We can get a QB like Flynn or Manning, or even Moore to have tons of time and play with defenses as far as all the leverage involving time in the pocket. Our strong run blocking, and running could set up play action bombs that we haven't seen since Marino and Namath. Confiedence is everything for the QB position. Having a line where you know you wont be getting killed today can boost moral so much. Getting Bess involved more who is one of the best route runners in the NFL, getting Hartline involved more, and of course Marshall. This could even boost our screen game 22% due to reggie catching and beasting in front of a Wall so big and strong!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who would be excited to see this happen. I'm 24 now, and I feel like 5 years ago I would have threw a control at T.V for drafting a line man and not a play maker RB or WR. But its funny how I think now as far as building inside-out now. Instead of outside-in. I guess its just seeing "Play Makers" like Ginn bust year after year. While seeing O-line man make pro-bowls every year for 12-14 years straight.

Thoughts/ Critique

1986 called, Time to update your act pal. Henne is as dead as disco as well.

Another O-lineman in the 1st?

Sparano, is that you?

do dolphins need qb? a rookie will not help this year but 2014 he should be ready. i would give mat moore shot first and see what he got. draft qb,wr, rt, pass rusher,fs,ss, te,cb

Fleener in the top 10, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd or 3rd round then I'm all over it but a top 10 pick for Fleener is a million times dumber then DeCastro/Martin in any decade.

Agreed.

By the way, i'd be a pig in **** if your mock came to fruition, but i see no way Wright lasts until the Phins in the 2nd or Fleener lasting until that late in the 3rd. Those guys seem to be moving up the boards. If we take Richardson and want to run the ball next year, i go Kevin Zeitler Round 2.

Back
Top Bottom