Am I the only one? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one?

Reaction score
Who would trade our 1st and 3rd this year, plus next years 2nd for Andrew Luck? I know some here like Henne but he really has zero upside from what we've seen, IMO he's the next Elvis Grbac but Luck, again IMO, is the next Rivers....I don't know, but I think it would be worth it, especially when you think about the two 2nd rounders for Marshall or the two FIRST rounders for Ricky...I mean if Luck becomes our next Marino we have to take that chance.

It will take a lot more then that to get up to number 1!

I'd be willing to trade our next 3 first round picks if that's what it would take to get a franchise QB! There's nothing those picks can do to help this team like what a franchise QB can do and we have a lot of solid pieces already in place. FA can fill the other needs and then we still have the rest of our picks for depth and developement guys.

I would pull the trigger in a heart beat. If I was the owner I would be in their ear about it as well. I am tired of the qb carousel.

A first and third this season and second next season
wouldn't get Luck's Jock strap

crazy! a 1st 2nd and 3rd for an unproven QB, no thanx. I doubt Henne is the answer, but id like to see what he would do with a different OC first.

crazy! a 1st 2nd and 3rd for an unproven QB, no thanx. I doubt Henne is the answer, but id like to see what he would do with a different OC first.

crazy ?

you wouldn't trade those 3 picks for Andrew Luck ?. come on.

That's essentially Jared Odrick, Philip Merling and Patrick Turner for a franchise QB who most definitely looks like he will be a Top 10 QB in the league for a long time.

The dolphins would be crazy and stupid to not go for a talent like Luck for only a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.... but of course that's a pipedream because no team with the 1st overall with a shot at Luck will accept such a low price to move down.

They'd hang up the phone before you could say goodbye.

Yes. I am with OP. Trade anyone, do whatever it takes to get #1 overall pick. Long, Marshall, Davis, you name a player, he is on the block imo for Andrew Luck. Luck is the franchize, a Phillip Rivers of this draft, and we must get him.

Yes. I am with OP. Trade anyone, do whatever it takes to get #1 overall pick. Long, Marshall, Davis, you name a player, he is on the block imo for Andrew Luck. Luck is the franchize, a Phillip Rivers of this draft, and we must get him.

I'm not one of those dreamers who think it's even possible we can pull it off even if we overpay.

But because QB is such a vital position that determines success for a football team that if I'm the dolphins,, I make a substantial offer anyway and see if there's a less than 1% chance that it sticks.

So, Greyboy, there is less than 1% chance for Dolphins to get to #1 overall.

I think there is a better chance than that. Teams every year look to trade out of #1 overall. The question is the price, and just draft picks rarely do it based on pick values. But I think with combination of picks and players it can be done.

So, Greyboy, there is less than 1% chance for Dolphins to get to #1 overall.

When a talent at QB like Andrew Luck is there, yes.

I don't think the pick will be traded, but if the odd chance that it is -- other teams who need a QB are closer to the 1st overall and as soon as word gets out to other teams on the Dolphins offer, they will outbid a guy like Jeff Ireland who isn't a big risk taker.

That's why I said I would go forward with a 'substantial' offer.. a better offer than I think a guy like Ireland would contemplate.

One very important factor that we are forgetting is Ross. He is a big believer in Henne as he's a Michigan guy -- I mean, we are talking about an owner who just donated $100 million to the U of M school of business out of his own pocket.

and just before the season started Ross compared Henne to Dan Marino, of all people. So Ross is a big Henne cheerleader, and it would take a hell of a lot of convincing from Jeff Ireland to get Ross to pay a $80 to $90 Million contract on a 1st overall QB at this time... on top of all the picks and players you'd have to give up to get the #1 overall.

Ross just spent $90 million on the Dansby and Marshall contracts.. plus we have holes on this team aside from QB and probably need to spend another $100 million on FA's next offseason ( a guy like Logan Mankins alone will be $50M+)... and you're asking Ross to throw up an additional $85 million on a rookie qb contract when he still has a hard-on for Henne ?

Don't see Ross going for it at all. And you have to understand that consultation with ownership goes on with #1 overall picks.. just look at all the news we've heard on that over the past few years -- because it's such a big investment. That's just a reality in today's NFL.

So yes, I think there's a less than 1% chance when looking at it overall..

Well, that is unfortunate, because less than 1% is no chance at all. Zero.

well, there is 0.5%.. or what about a 0.7% chance ?

would that make you feel better ? ;)

I would give that up in a second, but unfortunately that won't be nearly enough.

Back
Top Bottom