Am I the only one? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one?

When a talent at QB like Andrew Luck is there, yes.

I don't think the pick will be traded, but if the odd chance that it is -- other teams who need a QB are closer to the 1st overall and as soon as word gets out to other teams on the Dolphins offer, they will outbid a guy like Jeff Ireland who isn't a big risk taker.

That's why I said I would go forward with a 'substantial' offer.. a better offer than I think a guy like Ireland would contemplate.

One very important factor that we are forgetting is Ross. He is a big believer in Henne as he's a Michigan guy -- I mean, we are talking about an owner who just donated $100 million to the U of M school of business out of his own pocket.

and just before the season started Ross compared Henne to Dan Marino, of all people. So Ross is a big Henne cheerleader, and it would take a hell of a lot of convincing from Jeff Ireland to get Ross to pay a $80 to $90 Million contract on a 1st overall QB at this time... on top of all the picks and players you'd have to give up to get the #1 overall.

Ross just spent $90 million on the Dansby and Marshall contracts.. plus we have holes on this team aside from QB and probably need to spend another $100 million on FA's next offseason ( a guy like Logan Mankins alone will be $50M+)... and you're asking Ross to throw up an additional $85 million on a rookie qb contract when he still has a hard-on for Henne ?

Don't see Ross going for it at all. And you have to understand that consultation with ownership goes on with #1 overall picks.. just look at all the news we've heard on that over the past few years -- because it's such a big investment. That's just a reality in today's NFL.

So yes, I think there's a less than 1% chance when looking at it overall..

Perhaps that would lead Ross to push for a WR in the first. I mentioned on another post that some mocks have A. Green falling to #10. If he's there when we're drafting, and we're not going QB, I think he's our guy. If Henne is worth a ****, he's have to thrive with Marshall and Green as the WR's - with the kind of protection he gets from our O-line, when its healthy.

I don't see Green falling to 10.

But if he does and we're sitting at 10 you can count me in...

ALL IN..

well, there is 0.5%.. or what about a 0.7% chance ?

would that make you feel better ? ;)

No :-) You are very discouraging. But back to serious discussion.

I don't agree with your assessment of Ross. Ross has repeatedly said, and acted, as to leave football decisions to FO. So i do not believe Ross is a factor in decision making.

Only Mike Ditka trades all his picks for one guy (Ricky Williams)....not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom