Amari Cooper and T.J. Yeldon entering the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amari Cooper and T.J. Yeldon entering the draft

unless cooper goes out and runs a 4.6's 40 (which he won't) you don't have to worry about sniffing that...

i'll say this though...i know we need size in this wr core...but if i could replace hartline with amari cooper i'm running that card up...i betcha tannehill could hit him in stride on repeat

Says you.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's the same size as our current receivers and doesn't high point the ball as well as some of the other receivers in this year's draft.
Says everyone with eyes. Cooper is the best WR in this class bar none. And he does indeed high point the ball.

one of these wrs i'm watching which will remain nameless half the snaps i'm reviewing he's behind the los the whole time as a last ditch dump off cause of the gimmick offense he comes from...

if they could they'd be running 7 wide out there

Says everyone with eyes. Cooper is the best WR in this class bar none. And he does indeed high point the ball.

Just proves that the draft is an inexact science. People have differing opinions. I respect yours. I'm just glad there are others that think like you and that Cooper will be gone by the time we pick.

hey truth tannenballs made a very good point about perrymans inability to get off blocks when engaged...thus the inconsistent play in the run game...i couldnt figure out what the deal was watching it but man that's exactly what it was...misses plays he should make vs the inside running game cause he doesnt get off blocks...you add in that crappy range and inability to play the ball in coverage and i mean in zone he's pretty much a cardboard cut out and i think i got to say no thanks on that action

i mean even if we want a 2 down lb the guys got to be really good at that one thing you want him for...and man is he inconsistent with it...and the perimeter of the field he doesnt even get to...

i know i need a mike but i'm passing...

hey truth tannenballs made a very good point about perrymans inability to get off blocks when engaged...thus the inconsistent play in the run game...i couldnt figure out what the deal was watching it but man that's exactly what it was...misses plays he should make vs the inside running game cause he doesnt get off blocks...you add in that crappy range and inability to play the ball in coverage and i mean in zone he's pretty much a cardboard cut out and i think i got to say no thanks on that action

i mean even if we want a 2 down lb the guys got to be really good at that one thing you want him for...and man is he inconsistent with it...and the perimeter of the field he doesnt even get to...

i know i need a mike but i'm passing...

I don't think Perryman is the MLB we need and I do know he had issues getting off blocks this year especially...still think it's attributed to him gaining too much bad weight though. He didn't have these issues this bad as a sophomore and he was much better in zone coverage then. His senior year he definitely got walled off on a lot of plays but part of that is that Miami's DTs are pure garbage and can't make a play or keep the OL from getting to the 2nd level. When you give up 300+ rushing against Nebraska and Georgia Tech, two predominant running teams, and your DTs are nowhere to be found you better believe the linebackers are going to take the punishment.

To me there was a drop off after that sophomore year...he bulked up to much, lost some explosiveness and that hurt him. Before he bulked up I thought he was on track to be pretty similar to Jon Beason but he leveled off.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

one of these wrs i'm watching which will remain nameless half the snaps i'm reviewing he's behind the los the whole time as a last ditch dump off cause of the gimmick offense he comes from...

if they could they'd be running 7 wide out there

Is that Missouri?

I don't think Perryman is the MLB we need and I do know he had issues getting off blocks this year especially...still think it's attributed to him gaining too much bad weight though. He didn't have these issues this bad as a sophomore and he was much better in zone coverage then. His senior year he definitely got walled off on a lot of plays but part of that is that Miami's DTs are pure garbage and can't make a play or keep the OL from getting to the 2nd level. When you give up 300+ rushing against Nebraska and Georgia Tech, two predominant running teams, and your DTs are nowhere to be found you better believe the linebackers are going to take the punishment.

To me there was a drop off after that sophomore year...he bulked up to much, lost some explosiveness and that hurt him. Before he bulked up I thought he was on track to be pretty similar to Jon Beason but he leveled off.

but he had to bulk up to play lb...he got run over as a sophomore...i saw it and was like this kids too light...the next year he was thicker and more stout at the 2nd level...the problem i'm finding is perryman doesnt get off blocks and i cant find much tape of kendricks where he isnt just clean all over the place...i need some traffic work with kendricks i swear he's clean everywhere...

that's a good point about the miami interior being crappy up front...

The bottom line is, one more top 15 draft choice. It just makes our options better.

but he had to bulk up to play lb...he got run over as a sophomore...i saw it and was like this kids too light...the next year he was thicker and more stout at the 2nd level...the problem i'm finding is perryman doesnt get off blocks and i cant find much tape of kendricks where he isnt just clean all over the place...i need some traffic work with kendricks i swear he's clean everywhere...

that's a good point about the miami interior being crappy up front...
I think his senior tape is worse than his sophomore tape. As a Junior he was hurt a lot so he missed some time IIRC.

Kendricks has some stout DTs playing in front of him letting him run...you might need to look at the Stanford or Arizona State games to find some traffic.

I'm a fan of Kendricks. Don't expect Zach Thomas 2.0 but he's a solid starter. Probably about equal to his brother. Really effective in coverage

hoops, you still have Yeldon inside the top 2 rounds?

If Cooper is there at 14, he'd be an ideal fit in this offense. I've been trying to think of a good comp for Cooper, and I think he's bigger, stronger, and more explosive than Wayne, but I see the similarities. Sometimes he reminds me of a shorter, stronger AJ Green. More than anyone, though, Cooper reminds me of a bigger, stronger Greg Jennings. Super smooth, more burst than you think.

Kendricks should be one of Miami's targets in the 2nd. Great range and instincts, tenacious. I remember Slimm saying that he's not the athlete that his brother was, but if he's close, you're still getting a great athlete. At 239, Mychal Kendricks ran a 4.44, verted 39 1/2", and broad jumped 10'07". Based on watching him, I agree that he won't put up freakish combine numbers, but I'd be surprised if he ran worse than a 4.59.

Im with J-off and Tanneballs with Kendricks being my top Mike in the draft right now. I really like Paul Dawson as well. Both should be on the 2nd round list IMO.

hoops, you still have Yeldon inside the top 2 rounds?

If Cooper is there at 14, he'd be an ideal fit in this offense. I've been trying to think of a good comp for Cooper, and I think he's bigger, stronger, and more explosive than Wayne, but I see the similarities. Sometimes he reminds me of a shorter, stronger AJ Green. More than anyone, though, Cooper reminds me of a bigger, stronger Greg Jennings. Super smooth, more burst than you think.

Kendricks should be one of Miami's targets in the 2nd. Great range and instincts, tenacious. I remember Slimm saying that he's not the athlete that his brother was, but if he's close, you're still getting a great athlete. At 239, Mychal Kendricks ran a 4.44, verted 39 1/2", and broad jumped 10'07". Based on watching him, I agree that he won't put up freakish combine numbers, but I'd be surprised if he ran worse than a 4.59.
Hadn't thought of a comparison but I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

I'm not big on the whole player comps but I think Reggie Wayne is a solid one for Cooper.

Back
Top Bottom