Amazing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing

vere76

Rookie
Reaction score
Goodell: Suspended WR Stallworth will be reinstated Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth will be reinstated to play at some point after Sunday's Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday at his annual state-of-the-league address. Stallworth was suspended without pay for the 2009 season last August...
Feb 5, 2010 | Steve Wyche

The video evidence obviously showed the guy walking in the street for what ever reason, J-walking. He is not a superstar but is an NFL player and would of been treated accordingly if it was all his fault. Look at Plax, and he shot himself. Stallworth does deserve blame for the DUI and manslaughter of the least degree. He has been sorry and shown nothing but good will towards everything, he should be let back in.

I think the guy jumped the median to catch a bus on the other side.

Horrible luck for both guys, but you've got to look before crossing the street at intersections with lights when you have the light. On a street like that there is really no excuse for crossing like that without looking.

Sounds about right to me.
He missed a year.
Lost a couple million bucks
and has to wake up everyday knowing he killed someone while drunk.

It really looked like there was little possibility of him avoiding the guy in the road, drunk or not.

Didn't know Donte Stallworth was a Miami Dolphin! There MUST be a reason why this is in this forum! haha. Seriously though, with all crap that has gone on with Vick, for his cruel treatment to animals, and Burress, for being a bonehead and shooting himself in the foot with an unlicensed gun, this guy deserves an equal if not greater punishment from the NFL. Not that I'm condoning or saying that the previous two player's transgressions aren't as serious or immoral (because they are), but this guy literally drove around DRUNK in his car and killed a man! Accident or no accident, how this guy is not behind bars, much less being reinstated into the NFL, less than a year after killing someone because of his own stupidity is beyond me. If you ask me, this is a case of nothing more than money talking and bull**** walking. Quite sad, IMHO.

Didn't know Donte Stallworth was a Miami Dolphin! There MUST be a reason why this is in this forum! haha. Seriously though, with all crap that has gone on with Vick, for his cruel treatment to animals, and Burress, for being a bonehead and shooting himself in the foot with an unlicensed gun, this guy deserves an equal if not greater punishment from the NFL. Not that I'm condoning or saying that the previous two player's transgressions aren't as serious or immoral (because they are), but this guy literally drove around DRUNK in his car and killed a man! Accident or no accident, how this guy is not behind bars, much less being reinstated into the NFL, less than a year after killing someone because of his own stupidity is beyond me. If you ask me, this is a case of nothing more than money talking and bull**** walking. Quite sad, IMHO.

Bush's wife did the same, only without a good excuse & look at what happened to her.

What happened to him was an accident.

Why do you talk about this as if you know about it without bothering to learn the details?

Bush's wife did the same, only without a good excuse & look at what happened to her.

What happened to him was an accident.

Why do you talk about this as if you know about it without bothering to learn the details?

Good point!! But I will ask this. Was he driving drunk?

Goodell: Suspended WR Stallworth will be reinstated Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth will be reinstated to play at some point after Sunday's Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday at his annual state-of-the-league address. Stallworth was suspended without pay for the 2009 season last August...
Feb 5, 2010 | Steve Wyche

Whats your point? Why is this in this forum?

FYI-He was fired for a year and paid his dues. Does this bring back the life he took, no, but hopefully his time off helped him make smarter decisions.

I heard he tested positive for pot and he was over the legal limit as well.

Remember, Jim Brown outed him for getting stoned. :rolleyes2: :chuckle:

Either way though, being over the legal limit and being 'drunk' are two different things regardless of what the legal system will tell us.

The bottom line is that he shouldn't have been driving and he was punished and has paid.

You know our former president, the one whose wife killed someone while driving DRUNK, had 2 or more DUIs as well.

The "Legal limit" doesn't even phase me. It's been lowered so far by well meaning folks that you can't have three beers and drive anymore.

I have no issue with Stallworth being reenstated

I think the guy jumped the median to catch a bus on the other side.

Horrible luck for both guys, but you've got to look before crossing the street at intersections with lights when you have the light. On a street like that there is really no excuse for crossing like that without looking.
it was a hwy median, 8 lanes infact,,he still should not be driving under the influence

Back
Top Bottom