Amendola | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola

The time is right. The Pats can get a lead like they usually do against us, but this year we are different. We can bounce back in a hurry. Obviously, we need the lead and they need to catch up but our D just keeps giving our O more and more chances.
Let's topple the King this week!!

Amendola is our only real "possession" receiver on the squad. I think if Parker had shown more, it'd be possible we don't bring him in.

But here we are, and I think he plays a good role here. Hopefully he stays healthy.

I hope we can make Billy B look like Red Beaulieu at the Bourbon Bowl, trying to figure how he's getting beat while he holds the coveted green playbook!!

Well Mama says, in Foozball, you are what your record says you are...oh wait, actually that was Parcells, never mind. Who needs a green playbook.

Geordie-

I couldnt disagree more. I believe Amendola has ALREADY earned his keep just in what he brought to the locker room and his mentoring of our receivers.

He also brings a great skillset to our corps- an awesome possession receiver.

I kind of mentioned the locker room stuff in my post, I'll not pretend to know what he brings to the team from that side of things, obviously a veteran presence can be invaluable to a young group. It's a lot of money to pay someone for that though, you would hope he can contribute a little more than he has done in the first few games but his career record would suggest, the odd catch here and there is what to expect when he is fit to play and expect an injury to force him out sooner or later.

I'm not at the point of stuffing a voodoo doll likeness of him with pins and while we are winning it's going to be fine with most folks, but like I said, we'll need to see a little more production from him if he's to avoid greater scrutiny if things don't go along as smoothly as they are right now.

I'm not at the point of stuffing a voodoo doll likeness of him with pins and while we are winning it's going to be fine with most folks, but like I said, we'll need to see a little more production from him if he's to avoid greater scrutiny if things don't go along as smoothly as they are right now.

More production from Amendola is probably a sign that things aren't going quite right for Miami's offense. Hes there to catch the five yard slant on third down. If things are going well its because Wilson, Stills, Grant, Parker and Drake are getting the ball and making plays.

Ideally Parker becomes the type of receiver that you want on the field every play which limits Amendola's role even further.

Clearly Gase thought he needed a veteran voice at WR. Whether that's worth 6 mil or not I don't know, but it was hardly an outrageous price to pay. He'll get cut or brought back on a vet minimum next season.

Back
Top Bottom