An Axe to Grind... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Axe to Grind...

FINintheMOON

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have an axe to grind here... MODS, if you feel that this is better suited for another forum, please feel free to move it...

I started an effort back in February to provide an opportunity to get as many fellow Finheaven members to at least 1 game this year... I started by buying 13 tickets and paid $383.00 per ticket ( I can show the receipt) in April from Stubhub.com, to get as many seats in the same section as possible for the opening game... Spent almost $5000.00 on these tickets...

The plan was to raffle them off on this site and I didn't expect to get the return on the ticket price, but I did expect that people would participate and trusted them, on their word, when they participated...

As time went on, people that said they would participate, didn't... There were those that did participate, but never paid...

I went to great lengths and spent almost a month in clearing these efforts with the "Powers that are", with the intention of doing more of the same in the future... But I must say that this WHOLE ordeal has done nothing but make me regret my efforts and shows me that there are people in this world that will abuse even the simplest of things!!!

It is SAD that I can not offer these efforts in the future to the many, due to the few that has not honored "Their Word"...

If I had my way, I would call them out... But the "Powers that are" has told me I can not do that... I respect their rules and will abide by them...

Bottom line is that you didn't hurt me as much as you hurt your fellow members on this site... Money has NEVER been an issue with me... The broken word of a man is!!!:fire:

What a bummer, man. It is a dirty shame people don't have enough integrity to allow something like this to work. If I didn't live more than a 1000 miles away I would be in the raffle like a flash.

If I had heard about it, I might have taken you up on this whole thing.... and kept my word. Don't give up on people man, we're pretty good for the whole part.

That's such utter BS. If you say you're going to participate in something like this, actually do it. If you don't have the money or there's a possibility that something might come up, don't even get involved. Sorry you had to go through this, Jumpmaster.

DearbornDolfan said:
That's such utter BS. If you say you're going to participate in something like this, actually do it. If you don't have the money or there's a possibility that something might come up, don't even get involved. Sorry you had to go through this, Jumpmaster.

Thank you dear....:lol: J/K... It is tough to deal with this petty stuff... But I am OLD SCHOOL!!! A man's word is his bond!!! And a hand shake is better than any signed document... Just the way I was raised... Outside Pittsburgh that is!!!

Sorry about that FINtheMOON.

I would have kept my word if I was in on that.

Hey, I'm going to the Kansas City game! You gonna be there?

SoDakDolfan said:
What a bummer, man. It is a dirty shame people don't have enough integrity to allow something like this to work. If I didn't live more than a 1000 miles away I would be in the raffle like a flash.
SAme here if I wasnt in California I would have been all over it.

Thank you all for your sentiments... But I want to let you know that I was not looking for any sympathy, but trying to get a point across... Those that violated the trust and their word will never respond... I was basically venting and letting everyone know that in the future, if I do go down this road dagain, it will only be with those that have a history here and an agreement that if they do not honor their word, it gives me the right to bust them out on this site...

Thanks again guys!

Man If I had money Id definitly do this, unfortunatly were broke and cant afford extra stuff right now :nono: I wish I could go to a fin game this year.

Sorry you put in so much effort and got such a lousy result

I would kill for some fins tix. Ive never been to a game (AF moves me around too much :wink: )

I'm hoping to make it to the Huston-Miami contest here in TX. We'll see how it goes. Funny thing is, I bought My Father-in-Law and his wife tickets to a Skins game at the behest of the wife. So heres hoping she's up droping the $$$ on the Phins too.... :pray:

Phinja said:
I would kill for some fins tix. Ive never been to a game (AF moves me around too much :wink: )

I'm hoping to make it to the Huston-Miami contest here in TX. We'll see how it goes. Funny thing is, I bought My Father-in-Law and his wife tickets to a Skins game at the behest of the wife. So heres hoping she's up droping the $$$ on the Phins too.... :pray:

My prayers are with you on that Bubba!!!:lol:

Sorry man. If I could get from Memphis to Miami on a fairly cheap plane ticket I would have probably participated. Its hard to accept, but you almost can't trust anyone.

wow what a collosal bummer!

sorry dude... me being in texas i didnt even follow your posts about this untill now.

did everyone know you were getting the kicken $400 seats?

Back
Top Bottom