An Axe to Grind... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Axe to Grind...

FINintheMOON said:
My prayers are with you on that Bubba!!!:lol:

Thanx. To ease things along I've been whispering "Buy your husband some Dolphin's tickets" in her ear after she falls asleep. Figure I need some subliminal advertising. :lol:

Phinja said:
Thanx. To ease things along I've been whispering "Buy your husband some Dolphin's tickets" in her ear after she falls asleep. Figure I need some subliminal advertising. :lol:

:lol: It WILL work!!! Keep it up!!!

NOW I am PISSED!!! 2 of the 3 that bid on the tickets has either not resonded or backed out... And it wasn't the biatch!!!

So there is a pair and a set of 3 left! Seems that I can't even give these things away!!!:tantrum: :fire: :tantrum: :fire: :tantrum: :fire:

FINintheMOON said:
NOW I am PISSED!!! 2 of the 3 that bid on the tickets has either not resonded or backed out... And it wasn't the biatch!!!

So there is a pair and a set of 3 left! Seems that I can't even give these things away!!!:tantrum: :fire: :tantrum: :fire: :tantrum: :fire:

You can give them away to me :lol: assuming it was a home game :wink: :jk:

Good luck getting rid of them

Alex44 said:
You can give them away to me :lol: assuming it was a home game :wink: :jk:

Good luck getting rid of them

Thanks Alex... I am sure that I can sell them tomorrow... Man!!! I lost my *** on this venture!!!:lol:

Done for the evening! I got a game to attend tomorrow!!!

FINintheMOON said:
I have an axe to grind here... MODS, if you feel that this is better suited for another forum, please feel free to move it...

I started an effort back in February to provide an opportunity to get as many fellow Finheaven members to at least 1 game this year... I started by buying 13 tickets and paid $383.00 per ticket ( I can show the receipt) in April from Stubhub.com, to get as many seats in the same section as possible for the opening game... Spent almost $5000.00 on these tickets...

The plan was to raffle them off on this site and I didn't expect to get the return on the ticket price, but I did expect that people would participate and trusted them, on their word, when they participated...

As time went on, people that said they would participate, didn't... There were those that did participate, but never paid...

I went to great lengths and spent almost a month in clearing these efforts with the "Powers that are", with the intention of doing more of the same in the future... But I must say that this WHOLE ordeal has done nothing but make me regret my efforts and shows me that there are people in this world that will abuse even the simplest of things!!!

It is SAD that I can not offer these efforts in the future to the many, due to the few that has not honored "Their Word"...

If I had my way, I would call them out... But the "Powers that are" has told me I can not do that... I respect their rules and will abide by them...

Bottom line is that you didn't hurt me as much as you hurt your fellow members on this site... Money has NEVER been an issue with me... The broken word of a man is!!!:fire:
Sorry for your bad luck, but I also must say this :

I don't know who it was, but (whether they gave their word or not) you should have known better than to buy 13 tickets at $383, and expect people you've never met face to face to come through for you. Reguardless of what you may have been asking for a raffle ticket, that's a whole heck of a lot of money to risk on people you really don't know. I'd say that was a pretty steep price you paid for that lesson.

sorry to hear people are taking advantage of you on this. Very nice thought, but I think the price difference between 60 bucks and 300 bucks is the difference between people carrying out their intentions and people screwing around with you.

Its discouraging when an effort to help fellow Finfans goes unappreciated especially when it affects your pocketbook.

Some people act as if though you are trying to sell them a used car at inflated prices.

On the contrary you are trying to pass on some considerable savings to them.

Part of the problem is that approx .80 pct of the fanbase on FH live too far away or are not in a position to even think about going to a game.

Thanks for your efforts

Back
Top Bottom