An Exercise in Understanding | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Exercise in Understanding

Brady's in the conversation, no doubt. I don't know if he has any more SB's in him. He could well.

But, has any QB on the list had a more impressive post season and/or SB performance than Rodgers? I don't think he got hot either. I think he was just doing what he does.

rodgers is the hot name right now and he deserves it...i've known for quite some time that kid was the goods...but tom bradys been THE MAN for like 8 years it seems...big difference

I just can't give Brady that credit, maybe its my Dolphin glasses. The three years he won he had a great defense that was coached by arguably the best coach in the game. Then his last few years you have to add in the "Randy Factor"

2007 to 2009, one year he's hurt but look at the great year. That is a anamoly if I've ever seen one. Who showed up? Randy. Randall Cunningham had a career year with Randy, so did Culpepper. Randy is not given credit for how great he really is.

Brady is a great QB, best all time? Can't do it. He doesn't have the greatest numbers of all time, he hasn't won the most superbowls, he hasn't won all his superbowl appearances. He definitely up there top 10. But best, if he wins more, which is very possible and almost certain then maybe I can start thinking that way.

rodgers is the hot name right now and he deserves it...i've known for quite some time that kid was the goods...but tom bradys been THE MAN for like 8 years it seems...big difference

I think he's the hot name because no one lately has won a Superbowl the way he just did, especially their first one. HE shredded the Steelers Defense, the #1 d, with ease. It looked so easy to me watching him it was scary. I almost didn't think he was playing that great because of how easy it looked. Brady has been damn good the last 8 years.

God I love football, we could debate each position on who's the best now or ever for hours and no one can ever be truly right. Well other than Jerry that is.

I just can't give Brady that credit, maybe its my Dolphin glasses. The three years he won he had a great defense that was coached by arguably the best coach in the game. Then his last few years you have to add in the "Randy Factor"

2007 to 2009, one year he's hurt but look at the great year. That is a anamoly if I've ever seen one. Who showed up? Randy. Randall Cunningham had a career year with Randy, so did Culpepper. Randy is not given credit for how great he really is.

Brady is a great QB, best all time? Can't do it. He doesn't have the greatest numbers of all time, he hasn't won the most superbowls, he hasn't won all his superbowl appearances. He definitely up there top 10. But best, if he wins more, which is very possible and almost certain then maybe I can start thinking that way.

If you want to know, "what have you done for me lately?", in Bradys corner, how about unanimously winning the 2010 NFL's MVP award and a 14-2 record with absolutely no big names in the recieving core or backfield and the NFL's youngest defense.

He has. And, if both of them retired today, there's no question that Brady would go down as the better QB for his career. For today, though, there's not a QB I like better than Rodgers.

I think he's the hot name because no one lately has won a Superbowl the way he just did, especially their first one. HE shredded the Steelers Defense, the #1 d, with ease. It looked so easy to me watching him it was scary. I almost didn't think he was playing that great because of how easy it looked. Brady has been damn good the last 8 years.

God I love football, we could debate each position on who's the best now or ever for hours and no one can ever be truly right. Well other than Jerry that is.

he shredded that d because his oline te's and backs picked up every blitz in pass pro pretty much...the packers front was prepared and they played awesome...thats not a knock on rodgers but he had time and he delivered the ball and when they blitzed he found the one on ones and exposed them...but no argument from me aaron rodgers is a PHENOMENAL player

He has. And, if both of them retired today, there's no question that Brady would go down as the better QB for his career. For today, though, there's not a QB I like better than Rodgers.

how bout brady about the same age as rodgers when he threw for those 50 tds and made playing the position look like childs play a few years back??? no one was as dominant at the position as brady was that year...no one i've ever seen...that o was beyond lethal...

how bout brady about the same age as rodgers when he threw for those 50 tds and made playing the position look like childs play a few years back??? no one was as dominant at the position as brady was that year...no one i've ever seen...that o was beyond lethal...

I agree, but that offense didn't look as good in the playoffs; didn't look as good as the Packers offense in the playoffs this year. I'm not knocking Brady. I think he's one of the best ever.

I agree, but that offense didn't look as good in the playoffs; didn't look as good as the Packers offense in the playoffs this year. I'm not knocking Brady. I think he's one of the best ever.

i thought up until the giants got to brady with the rush that pats o was downright dominant all thru the playoff run i may be mistaken though...but its not like the pack played a great game on o at chicago...

anyways...you know my take...brady all day...rodgers though i think could approach that territory for me in time...peyton manning will not

The thing about Terry Bradshaw was that he called his own plays back then...

You're splitting hairs at the top with any of the current quarterbacks... they're all what have to have in order to win.

I put Brady at 6 on my list . . . I have grown very fond of Brady over the years . . . I used to think he was supremely overrated even with 3 rings, but that 2007 season made me feel different. Something deep down tells me that system BB has him in just fits him to a T, and I just feel these other QB's will adjust better to any system over Brady. Also when Matt Cassell fit in and went 11-5 . . . I was like wow with BB. I mean that is not saying Brady can't adjust . . . but like someone else said . . . the top 6 is pretty much unanimous . . . Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers and Big Ben . . . . throw em all in a pot, and you can't go wrong . . . 5 of the 6 have a ring . . . and the las one Rivers probably has been the most consistent and put up the best stats the past 3 years.

Trust me, if I was drafting 6th in a draft and Brady fell to me . . . I would jump for joy. Dude is as clutch as they come.

My favorite in the group is Rivers BTW . . . love his swag and fire . . . and the dude is lethal.

There are offenses that ask more of their quarterback than New England asks of Brady. A lot of the throws are short. A lot of the reads are predetermined. San Diego asks more from Rivers in terms of accuracy and timing at a distance than any other team asks of their quarterback, which is why he places #3 on my list.

But no quarterback executes their offense as well as Brady, in my view. And nobody scares you more when the game is on the line.

Back
Top Bottom