An Unpopular Idea Or Thought | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Unpopular Idea Or Thought

Jonathan Michael Zadora

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we do draft Haskins if he falls or draft another qb in the draft we can always draft another one next year, or the year after that, I don't understand why people are acting like if we draft a qb this year we can't draft one next year.

Look what Arizona is doing, hell Josh Rosen was talked about as a potential #1 overall pick and I myself personally wanted him so bad I was so upset when Arizona leapfrogged us. One bad year and Arizona is about to replace him with Murray. I'm sure Josh Rosen is going to be a decent quarterback in the nfl but if Arizona sees more potential in another quarterback then why should they not go for it?

More teams need to adapt this level of thinking, there is no excuse for teams going almost a decade without a franchise quarterback. It should be automatic for a franchise to draft a quarterback every single year until they find their guy and even when they have their guy. There is nothing better then a Montana/Young situation especially with young potential quarterbacks. Arizona would be smart to keep Rosen and rotate both quarterbacks driving both of their values up and subbing in and out when one is playing like **** and go with the hot hand. It will drive the adrenaline up in the players and make them compete and challenge one another while growing at the same time.

I don't understand how people think sometimes, I would love to run a front office.

Well to draft Haskins you most likely need to trade assets- you better have a conviction . The team has so many other needs all over the football field.

You get one bite of the apple over next two years, thats why they get paid the big bucks. Lol.

They need players in the trenches desperately- for one to protect that major asset you just acquired.

If we do draft Haskins if he falls or draft another qb in the draft we can always draft another one next year, or the year after that, I don't understand why people are acting like if we draft a qb this year we can't draft one next year.

Look what Arizona is doing, hell Josh Rosen was talked about as a potential #1 overall pick and I myself personally wanted him so bad I was so upset when Arizona leapfrogged us. One bad year and Arizona is about to replace him with Murray. I'm sure Josh Rosen is going to be a decent quarterback in the nfl but if Arizona sees more potential in another quarterback then why should they not go for it?

More teams need to adapt this level of thinking, there is no excuse for teams going almost a decade without a franchise quarterback. It should be automatic for a franchise to draft a quarterback every single year until they find their guy and even when they have their guy. There is nothing better then a Montana/Young situation especially with young potential quarterbacks. Arizona would be smart to keep Rosen and rotate both quarterbacks driving both of their values up and subbing in and out when one is playing like **** and go with the hot hand. It will drive the adrenaline up in the players and make them compete and challenge one another while growing at the same time.

I don't understand how people think sometimes, I would love to run a front office.

I would caution you not to mistake an outlier (Rosen/Murray) as a solid strategy. There's a reason that is rare, even for desperate teams. A g[d rule is to defer to the strategies of 32 teams for years.

if haskins is there at 13, take him.. play him all year and if he sucks that means we suck and next year you take Tua.

Haskins is the only QB in the draft that has a chance of becoming a franchise QB. If hes there at 13 and we take him I'll be happy with it but its risky. He has very little tape and experiance.

Worst case senerio is Daniel Jones OMG if we take him at 13 i will lose it.

Haskins is the only QB in the draft that has a chance of becoming a franchise QB. If hes there at 13 and we take him I'll be happy with it but its risky. He has very little tape and experiance.

Worst case senerio is Daniel Jones OMG if we take him at 13 i will lose it.

Don't be surprised if Miami does get Haskins (they won't), and have him sit behind RF and study for the year.

I LOVE draft week, I took Thursday and Friday off work just because I wanna watch predraft coverage all day. It's like Christmas

Your thought process is a short cut to a pink slip.

They don’t draft these qbs with high draft asset allocation if they don’t have conviction on said qb.

Anyways these gms ride and die with qb decisions.

This whole draft a qb this year top pick then draft one next year stuff is nonsense.

You draft one this year you will be out of the qb draft market next year so might as well pony up that 2020 1st if that’s what it cost to get there and you have conviction.

More than likely you are investing at least 3 years in this qb barring injury or death.

i wouldn't be mad if we got Haskins , seems like the move getting Fitzpatrick for the short term might be part of drafting Haskins for the long term , giving him one year to work on developing him for 2020. .

i wouldn't be mad if we got Haskins , seems like the move getting Fitzpatrick for the short term might be part of drafting Haskins for the long term , giving him one year to work on developing him for 2020. .
I mean It makes sense and for Haskins long term potential its prob the best thing for him too.

If the scouting department thinks Haskins or Lock can be a top 10 quarterback in the NFL, to me you take that player. If not, you look to 2020. And if you get that guy in 2019, surround him with talent in the trenches. I'm not sure you draft one in 2020 unless you clearly see an upgrade over Haskins/Lock. That's tough to say after one year, but looks like Arizona is probably going that route. I'm okay with that.

Your thought process is a short cut to a pink slip.

They don’t draft these qbs with high draft asset allocation if they don’t have conviction on said qb.

Anyways these gms ride and die with qb decisions.

This whole draft a qb this year top pick then draft one next year stuff is nonsense.

You draft one this year you will be out of the qb draft market next year so might as well pony up that 2020 1st if that’s what it cost to get there and you have conviction.

More than likely you are investing at least 3 years in this qb barring injury or death.

So you want to risk your job over a quarterback who is most likely gonna bust just because you drafted one the year prior? Looks to me like you wanna be just like all the other gms who follow the same routine and refuse to bring changes to the game. You'd be a one and done gm for being stubborn and keeping your team mediocre.

Like I said I'd rather shoot for a young/montana situation with two young qbs then get fired for sticking with a qb that cannot get you to the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom