...and if Andrew Luck Decides to stay in College? Then What? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

...and if Andrew Luck Decides to stay in College? Then What?

That doesn't mean he can see Miami staring at him if we were able to actually not screw **** up like normal and get the first pick and then decide he doesn't want to play for us. Honestly, would YOU want to play for a franchise that is owned by a guy that cannot make a decision to save his life? I mean he chases Harbaugh and then retains Sparano. He allows the hiring of a Mangini era coach in Daboll and he is more concerned with his bottom line than the state of his franchise. If I were Luck, I would say "hell no" to Miami until Ireland and Sparano are gone and we get a real coach in place.

Ross's intuition was correct in trying to replace Sparano. Unfortunately he failed in doing so, but he did chase the flavor of the month halfway across the country. Somewhere along the line he was told that you can't embarass your coach like that and search for a HC while you still have one, so he tossed Sparano a bone. This doesn't hurt our team capwise. It gives me hope that he isn't afraid to spend money on a top dollar coach. The good news is, the new regime will be in place long before the draft, and it'll probably be in place before Luck plays his last game in college.

Don't think he'll go back to school after he graduates. Granted he probably has a killer insurance policy, but every game he plays in college is risking millions in potential earnings.

Next year he'll be holding a clipboard in Indy waiting for Manning to hand over the reigns, or starting depending on Manning's recovery.

The Colts are still worse than Miami. That's the issue IMO.

Seriously. We are all popping chubby's for luck but what if the Idea of going to the Dolphins disgusts him. Let's be Honest It might disgust me If I were him. Then where are we?

As opposed to what? The Chiefs, Seahawks, Vikings? Let's face it, when you are the no 1 pick in the draft (esp a QB) you are usually going to a poor team.
However, the Phins would be a decent place for a rookie QB. They've got a franchise LT, good young RB and decent WR's.
Sparano will NOT be the coach next year. I actually think this would be a great situation for Luck.

Ross's intuition was correct in trying to replace Sparano. Unfortunately he failed in doing so, but he did chase the flavor of the month halfway across the country. Somewhere along the line he was told that you can't embarass your coach like that and search for a HC while you still have one, so he tossed Sparano a bone. This doesn't hurt our team capwise. It gives me hope that he isn't afraid to spend money on a top dollar coach. The good news is, the new regime will be in place long before the draft, and it'll probably be in place before Luck plays his last game in college.

Regardless, it made him and the franchise look STUPID. Would you as Gruden, Fisher or Cowher want to coach for an owner like that? Ross shouldn't be an NFL owner. He blows. He is just like Daniel Snyder and George Allen. All a bunch of Billionaire failures in the NFL. To me, he is going to have a ton to do to make up for his blunders...ALREADY...

Haha. This AGAIN?! Please, oh please research why Andrew Luck went back to school this year before bringing this up. If this is a weekly occurrence, then my alcohol intake will continue to increase.

To save myself from misery:

He went back because he promised his mother he would get a degree.
He is expected to finish that degree this year.
Unless he doesn't 1.) win the national championship or 2.) win the Heisman ... he will come out.
Even if he doesn't win 1 or 2, he will still probably come out.
Even if he *doesn't* come out, there are two other solid QBs that would be available if we even had a chance at Andrew Luck.
Please, again, research *why* he went back to school.

Luck isn't going to pass up another year. The only reason he stayed because he thought John Harbaugh was going to return to Stanford.

As opposed to what? The Chiefs, Seahawks, Vikings? Let's face it, when you are the no 1 pick in the draft (esp a QB) you are usually going to a poor team.
However, the Phins would be a decent place for a rookie QB. They've got a franchise LT, good young RB and decent WR's.
Sparano will NOT be the coach next year. I actually think this would be a great situation for Luck.

This 100%.
While everyone is in meltdown mode, to an outsider we probably don't appear that bad of a team. Luck could look at us and see the benefits of joining a young offense that has playmakers and could protect his blindside better then anywhere in the league. If we can get a savvy coach that looks like a winner, quarterbacks will be happy to join us.

As far as Luck not declaring, if he doesn't then do you really think Matt Barkley or Landry Jones wouldnt sit there and say "Hmm, it seems like Andrew Luck doesn't want to be the first overall pick, maybe i should go ahead and do that". All 3 of those players can see exactly what we can. That a quarterback is going to be taken in the first few picks. At least one of them will step up and be happy to take millions of dollars.

Regardless, it made him and the franchise look STUPID. Would you as Gruden, Fisher or Cowher want to coach for an owner like that? Ross shouldn't be an NFL owner. He blows. He is just like Daniel Snyder and George Allen. All a bunch of Billionaire failures in the NFL. To me, he is going to have a ton to do to make up for his blunders...ALREADY...

I think Bill Cowher really wants the NY Giants job. He's been holding out for it for years waiting for Coughlin to step down. The Rooneys and the Maras are connected, and let's face it, just about anyone would rather work for the stable Mara's than the revolving door in Miami. Gruden and Fisher would go to the highest bidder, especially if we have the #1 pick. With the #1 pick, we could probably get Cowher, too.

Luck isn't going to pass up another year. The only reason he stayed because he thought John Harbaugh was going to return to Stanford.

Actually, it was because he promised his mother he'd get his degree. Either way you're right. Luck isn't staying his senior year.

Seriously. We are all popping chubby's for luck but what if the Idea of going to the Dolphins disgusts him. Let's be Honest It might disgust me If I were him. Then where are we?

We keep everyone we have on the team now trade all our draft picks for higher picks the next year, and lose all 16 again the next year. He has to come out SOME time, but we can lose forever. We been doing it for 30 years no reason to stop now.

Back
Top Bottom