And the starting O-line is... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the starting O-line is...

I don't want to see McKinney starting. That guy is horrible. I would like to see Rex Hadnot start at center.

mine is: Carey, James, Hadnot, Cook, McDougle in order from left tackle to right tackle

FinaticalOne said:
LT - Damion McIntosh 6ft. 4in. - 328lbs
LG - Jeno James 6ft. 3in. - 320lbs
C - Rex Hadnot 6ft. 2in. - 323lbs...or St. Clair 6ft. 5in. - 310lbs
RG - Vernon Carey 6ft. 5in. - 333lbs
RT - Stockar McDougal 6ft. 6in. - 335lbs

I love this lineup.... nice one finatical.... I think: McIntoch will benefit much from Houcks coaching up. James will be solid surrounded by a good supporting cast, we know he can be solid from his carolina stint. Hadnot, I think may not start & St. Clair will but Hadnot (I BELIEVE) will be our future there at center. St. Clair could be the only, if on the line, at center but i think its a tenfold upgrade from Mckinney. Carey, I think will shock many with the right coaching he has all the tools now he's got the right operator to make his abilities shine. McDougal was a great addition to this team, he along with Carey are a very athletic duo... believe it or not with all 668 lbs of them.... i think our line will pan out to be a very good one this year.... and with the addition of a Ronnie Brown RB we're good to go.... lets just hope AJ doesn't get so surprised that he's not getting pressure that he just lays down becuase thats what hes acustom to doing...:roflmao:

LT:Damian McIntosh
LG:Jeno James
C:Rex Hadnot,John St. Clair,Wade Smith, or Seth McKinney
RG:Vernon Carey
RT:Stockar McDougle

right now DMac is our only servicable LT. Houck loves Alabi, but I doubt he'll be ready to start right away.

Jeno is basically a lock at LG.

We will have Hadnot,St.Clair,Smith,and McKinney all compete for the starting C spot. Hadnot can play LG,C,and RG while St. Clair can go all over the line. If McKinney does not win the starting job IMO he will get cut.

Carey will compete with Hadnot, St. Clair, and Cooke but he'll win. If you listen to most of Nick's interviews he wants Carey on the field. Cooke has an outside shot at starting, but he was brought in to be a backup.

McDougle has alot of talent, and is a very good RT so IMO he should start.

I think it will be:

McIntosh (always a decent LT)
James (One of the best on our O-line last year)
Hadnot (Smith and McKinney are terrible)
Carey (If u start Hadnot, u HAVE TO start Carey...and Cook sucks)
McDougle (Of course he will win a starting job)

Then we cut/release/waive McKinney and Smith. Keep Alabi, Cook, and St. Clair for decent backups. St. Clair was also a good lineman, i wouldnt be suprised to see him start somewhere...possibly Center.

Another possible scenario...

LT McIntosh
LG Vernon Carey
C McKinney
RG St Clair
RT McDougle

At least two new starters...Houck used a really big LG with the Chargers. If Carey doesn't win the starting LT spot, I think he will stay on the left side as the starting LG.

Alabi, Smith, and Hadnot need another year before they can be full-time starters. This will likely be McKinney's last season and then we can get a compensatory draft pick for him when he moves on. The same with St Clair. Yet he should be the main swing tackle if needed and then Hadnot would step in at RG.

My scenario gives us 4 tackles and a sweaty butt center. The best players play.

NOTE: I thought that St Clair was our most consistant player last season. I was not impressed with the play of Jeno James...he needs to play alot better if he expects to start.

One thing is for sure...after seeing McDougle in person I can tell you he's definitely not 335, more along the lines of 345-350. He's a BIG dude and having the right side of the line with Carey/McDougle would make Brown very happy.

LT - D. McIntosh
LG - J. James
C - W. Smith
RG - R. Hadnot
RT - S. McDougal
==============
OR
==============
LT - D. McIntosh
LG - J. James
C - S. McKinney
RG - R. Hadnot
RT - V. Carey

PHINZ RULE!!!

My prediction is

LT-Dmac (healthy and with a point to prove...I like the sound of it)
LG-Jeno
C-St. Clair
RG-Carey
RT-McDougle

That's a line with some major beef...and if 'ol H-squared can get em playin disciplined and with fire, AJ and Ronnie are gonna be VERY happy (especially Ronnie...running behind that right side for him will be like running behind a pair of human snow plows :evil: )

Here is my hopeful starting O-line:

LT - John St. Clair
LG - Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot (NO McKinney!)
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stockar McDougal

LT - Carey (yes I think he will make it, Why would Houck put him there ?)
LG - James
C - McKinney
RG - Hadnot
RT - McDougal

I think St. Clair might take a spot, or McIintosh. I do think Carey will start somewhere on that line.

LT- Damian Macintoch or Alabi(depends on how he does in camp)
RG- Jeno James
C- Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

hey blitzkreig.. nice sig luv that band and that chick is hot as hell

Back
Top Bottom