And with the 25th pick the Miami Dolphins select... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And with the 25th pick the Miami Dolphins select...

His stock is rising. He can not only play corner, he knows what to do with the ball in his hands. He is a playmaker in all facets of the game, he has an incredible vertical jump, can catch, shows proper techniques, and reads not only pass plays but run plays.

If he is there at 25 i would be disappointed if we did not take him.

Perhaps he is the "explosivness" the trifecta is looking for on offense that can make an impact in the wildcat formation and also be a great asset to the secondary? hmmmm judging by the video posted above i believe it could be a strong possibility.

ok i dont want to berate derius butler...i think, with proper coaching, he has great skills to be a solid nfl corner...

but only on this finheaven board do i see everyone saying butler is a first round pick...in fact, the miami herald said that 25 would be too early to take any one of smith, butler or alphonso smith...so what gives??? i just dont get it...

do you really believe he will be picked before our 2A???

So, apparently the Miami Herald knows all. Seriously, the Herald is wrong alot and what Armando says most of the time is just speculation. I would put ZERO stock into what they say.

I also believe Clay Matthews will be the pick. That's not necessarily who I want, but I believe what he gives you on special teams will make the FO pick him while he is groomed to be a starting LB.

I also believe Clay Matthews will be the pick. That's not necessarily who I want, but I believe what he gives you on special teams will make the FO pick him while he is groomed to be a starting LB.

Seriously the dude is a meat head hopped up on steroids. I do not want him on this team at all. If we got a linebacker i would probably want it to be Larry English

Perhaps he is the "explosivness" the trifecta is looking for on offense that can make an impact in the wildcat formation and also be a great asset to the secondary? hmmmm judging by the video posted above i believe it could be a strong possibility.

From the looks of it the dude can do it all. Devin Hester was the same type of player in college, though Hester was much more explosive on offense and wasn't as highly touted to play corner. This guy is just a gifted athlete and I'm hoping he can fall into our lap at 25

Darius Butler.

I have not seen a Corner with as much upside as Butler has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6znwwOBvWI

Not only is he a gifted corner, he also takes snaps on offense and makes plays with the ball.

I think he could be the most productive corner in the draft.

and take a peak at this one too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9sXNCt4roE&feature=related

the dunking was cool but the music on that video sucked...rock is music and everything else is just noise.

Ozzy rules!!

the dunking was cool but the music on that video sucked...rock is music and everything else is just noise.

Ozzy rules!!

I partially agree with ya, I do like some good rap here and there :up:

I hope the trifecta doesn't draft Clay Mathews just because of his special teams. I get Eddie freakin' Moore flashbacks. (not comparing the two but you get my drift)

I think it will be a linebacker, and most likely from USC....I wish it were Rey Maualuga, but I think we will take Clay Matthews and he will have a nice 15 year career. Not the sexy pick, but the safe pick.

Yea,but don't we have enough projects at LB though?

I hope the trifecta doesn't draft Clay Mathews just because of his special teams. I get Eddie freakin' Moore flashbacks. (not comparing the two but you get my drift)

Most linebackers that are drafted outside top 10 are worked in on certain blitz, nickel packages but primarily focusing on special teams for contribution. Unless, that LB is a top 10, he isn't going to start right away. Even then, take for example Jarrod Mayo, he admitted to not knowing Belichick's complex system.

Yea,but don't we have enough projects at LB though?

We have a bunch of linebackers, but really no complete linebacker

Peezy is the sack master
Roth is good against the run
Akin is a sure tackler and doesn't get out of position
Crowder is a tackling machine but lacks the big play ability
Cam Wake has yet to be seen as a linebacker in the NFL
C Anderson is a special teams ace with occasional time at OLB
Torbor has really no shot to start and is just there to provide depth

I don't think there is a complete linebacker in this draft besides Curry and MAYBE Mauluga

wow honestly thats the firs time i seen his highlights thanks for postin them...
But i think he may be there are first pick in second round

Back
Top Bottom