Andre Woodson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Woodson

DEEPSIDEBOI

Scout Team
Reaction score
WHAT ABOUT HIM HE IS A VERY GOOD QB HE IS A TYPE A QB PARCELLS LIKE

Strengths:
Has prototypical size and a solid frame...Has a very strong arm and can make all the throws...Accurate passer...Good touch and timing...Makes good decisions for the most part and doesn't turn the ball over...Decent athlete who moves well in the pocket and can scramble...Is tough and durable...Will stand tall in the face of pressure...Excellent intangibles in terms of leadership and work ethic...Was very productive the past couple of years...Still improving and has considerable upside.

Weaknesses:
May need to have the mechanics of his delivery refined...Will run hot and cold at times and needs to be more consistent...Can run a bit but won't be mistaken for Michael Vick or Vince Young anytime soon...Played out of the shotgun a lot...Has some issues when it comes to reading coverages...Has too much confidence in his arm strength...Puts too much air under some throws...Needs some development.

Notes:
From a military family which led to him moving around a lot when he was younger including stops in Germany and Hawaii...Was almost benched as a junior before turning his career around and starting to fulfill that vast potential...The TD / INT ratio from his junior and senior seasons was fantastic...Has all the physical tools you look for in a pro signal caller but isn't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination...Has the highest ceiling of any quarterback prospect in this draft but also has a big basement as well...May reward a team that is willing to be patient.

reminds me of warren moon for some reason, a good qb that no one really cares about.

i think we should do some funky trade down and try to go after him in the end of the first, maybe even second. i hope lee is a good qb coach.

i would love to get Woodson

next would be ryan. then brohm. no to the rest. i would rather stick it out with beck and pick up a younger FA qb (see oakland, maybe cleveland) for them to slug it out. but if we take one in the draft - all for woodson.

forget all of the qbs that are suppose to be taken in the first round I say get Joe Flacco with our third round pick because the guy has the size and arm strength you want in a qb that is the man I want because he comes cheaper and can look over the offensive line a lot better than the others.

next would be ryan. then brohm. no to the rest. i would rather stick it out with beck and pick up a younger FA qb (see oakland, maybe cleveland) for them to slug it out. but if we take one in the draft - all for woodson.
i dont like ryan i think that he is going to be a Pennington of the NFL i wouldnt mind Brohm if he fell to the Second but i just think that Woodson is going to be a really good NFL QB he has the Size has some Speed here is a video on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNqI8kSZxY

forget all of the qbs that are suppose to be taken in the first round I say get Joe Flacco with our third round pick because the guy has the size and arm strength you want in a qb that is the man I want because he comes cheaper and can look over the offensive line a lot better than the others.
andre' woodson got some size and pretty good arm Stength he is 6-5 230 pounds and Joe Flacco is 6-6 230 pounds they dont have much of a Diffrence in size

i dont like ryan i think that he is going to be a Pennington of the NFL i wouldnt mind Brohm if he fell to the Second but i just think that Woodson is going to be a really good NFL QB he has the Size has some Speed here is a video on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNqI8kSZxY

definitely possible. watched that game. hes got skills - and against an elite SEC defense.

definitely possible. watched that game. hes got skills - and against an elite SEC defense.
yea i know i really like that pass where he has defenders wraped around his ankles and dumps it off to his RB that seems like somthing that Big Ben would do

I like the above comment on him being Warren Moon V. 2.0. Decent size, throw power and accuracy, doesn't run that much and only when needed to. Quite the anti-Vince Young really. In those games verses LSU and Tennessee, he put a lot of touch on his passes down the field which I enjoyed watching. It might be difficult to get him though. There are a bunch of teams in the middle of the first round that need a QB or a decent backup to mold into a starter. Two teams that come to mind instantly are Detroit and Tampa with journeymen QBs.

yea i know i really like that pass where he has defenders wraped around his ankles and dumps it off to his RB that seems like somthing that Big Ben would do

that throw was dope. if he he has the right guidance the sky is the limit.

I like the above comment on him being Warren Moon V. 2.0. Decent size, throw power and accuracy, doesn't run that much and only when needed to. Quite the anti-Vince Young really. In those games verses LSU and Tennessee, he put a lot of touch on his passes down the field which I enjoyed watching. It might be difficult to get him though. There are a bunch of teams in the middle of the first round that need a QB or a decent backup to mold into a starter. Two teams that come to mind instantly are Detroit and Tampa with journeymen QBs.
I think that Tampa is most likely i think Detroit would pass on him because they drafted drew Statnon and they just hired his former QB coach from Michigan State so i think they will get Drew a Chance and i dont know about Tampa they have an old QB and they said that Jon Gruden was Eyeing him all day

Back
Top Bottom